It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodyear U-Turns On Diversity After Losing Traction With Conservatives

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

It’s just chicken. Their batter has a softer texture. It’s the service that sells it.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dutchowl
a reply to: xuenchen

I wonde rif I could get away with wearing a MAGA mask at work. They make us wear them, I've seen others with skulls and whatnot.

Wear it.
Let them fire you for it...sue their ass...and retire farting in silk.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Excellent

Need to make this painful and costly for these companies

Remaining neutral isn't asking for much

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I was not going to comment on this matter, but my family has a long history with Goodyear, and it pains me to see it going down the toilet. I think what bothers me most about this entire situation is the nonsense that has become of a once great company, whom saved countless American lives during the second world war, through innovation and perseverance. The product is now so expensive, the company obviously run by the usual monsters who have no clue about their industry, and just parachute into one company after another, raping it, and leaving it in ruins.

Where is common sense? Tire service, manufacturing, handling, selling, are already arduous and thankless jobs. Why are these employees being subjected to these propaganda classes in the first place. Why risk their lives by compromising their social distancing, for something that is entirely unrelated to the trade. Besides, most goodlyear employees are provided with a uniform making this matter null.

How much did these classes cost, and couldn't that money have been used in a more productive way. It is no wonder these companies are all going bankrupt.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
Trump really doesn’t even have to debate. He can just show joe saying he’s taking the AR-14s and Tulsi calling out kamala for withholding evidence that would save a man from execution and keeping inmates longer than their sentences for cheap labor....put it on loop and....boom. Trump wins without saying a word.
And you haven’t even seen the October surprise yet.
Or do you believe the “polls”?

IDK...I played golf today with a very smart peer from work and he like Harris as a VP pick, thinks Joe's brain is OK and his speaking gaffes are just over hype, says Trump has failed in everything he has done, thinks Trump will be in jail no matter what by January, sees nothing weird went on with the FBI/Obama admin over the whole Russian collusion/dossier/bad actors in the FBI etc., Manafort is just more proof to him while Page, Flynn, Stone were all bad too etc...

Its like he came from an alternate universe...

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

" Is trump winning the only thing that matters? "

Yes . Next Question ......

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I don't believe this crap for a second, they made a bad decision and they can own it. They're trying to pass on the blame to an external firm but they knew full well what they were doing when they hired them.

They were just trying to ride the apparent support left wing politics in the media. Unluckily for them the popularity of left wing activist crap is artificially inflated on the social media they probably referred to when making this decision.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

So Trumps boycotting Goodyear eh?

Some may say America's not had a good year since the man took office.

Anyhoo, does the Trump mobile not run on custom Goodyear Tyres?

I cant see Trump changing them out or would even know where to start.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

He scared em enough to make them change the policy 🤣

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Thats frightening in itself.

Personally i think people should be allowed to wear what they wish, maga hats ta boot.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Alphasan

Yep.
The only thing that makes it worse is that you can’t retire from the tire business. They just give you more tires.

I’m sorry. The older I get the funnier dad jokes are to me.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 05:18 AM
link   

With record low unemployment, record high stock market some would say America was doing fantastic under President Trump, even with the dems trying every desperate move to to remove him from office. Then comes the dems last gasp, the (sic) virus. Stock market is still good, people are finally slowly going back to work with no help from the dems.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Conservatives buy tires before they get to the wear lines.....liberals buy the tires that were taken off the conservatives cars and run around with bald tires.

Can you tell I have two liberal daughters?

That is exactly what I was thinking... Conservatives are by far the bigger share of their new tire customers. Young, idealistic Libs tend to be hippiesh and like you said, buy used, cheap tires and pretty much anything remotely related to proper car maintenance.

I actually sent Goodyear an email, saying I would no longer buy their product, being a long time Goodyear customer. There are too many other brands out there... Goodrich, Cooper, Kelly, etc...

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
Trump really doesn’t even have to debate. He can just show joe saying he’s taking the AR-14s and Tulsi calling out kamala for withholding evidence that would save a man from execution and keeping inmates longer than their sentences for cheap labor....put it on loop and....boom. Trump wins without saying a word.
And you haven’t even seen the October surprise yet.
Or do you believe the “polls”?

IDK...I played golf today with a very smart peer from work and he like Harris as a VP pick, thinks Joe's brain is OK and his speaking gaffes are just over hype, says Trump has failed in everything he has done, thinks Trump will be in jail no matter what by January, sees nothing weird went on with the FBI/Obama admin over the whole Russian collusion/dossier/bad actors in the FBI etc., Manafort is just more proof to him while Page, Flynn, Stone were all bad too etc...

Its like he came from an alternate universe...

I know. I know. I don’t understand it. Look at what happened to Phag.....well you know who. These guys are smart as hell .....normally I would trust their judgement but I know more than I know my name that they are wrong.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321

With record low unemployment, record high stock market some would say America was doing fantastic under President Trump, even with the dems trying every desperate move to to remove him from office. Then comes the dems last gasp, the (sic) virus. Stock market is still good, people are finally slowly going back to work with no help from the dems.

Um... nevermind.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Chance321

The previous administrations wave that Trump rode has ended up in a puddle now with record-high unemployment and the highest COVID-19 daily death toll since May with predictions of 300,000 Americans dead by December.

It's not Joe and the Dems gasping for air, that's Trump.

Time will tell but my bet is the US comes to her senses and vote that bleach drinking megalomaniac down the toilet pan where he belongs.
edit on 22-8-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Really? And what did obama do to help the economy? When he took office the stock market took a noise dive and stayed down his entire term being propped up by the government to keep it from completely crashing. Then we had record high unemployment. So just what did he do that allowed President Trump to ride this "wave"?

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Thats frightening in itself.

Personally i think people should be allowed to wear what they wish, maga hats ta boot.

Well when at work the proper thing is not to wear anything that has any kind of political statement attached. That would have been the proper course in this... NO political attire, period.

But that isn't what they did...they singled out ones as OK while others were not OK, and that is wrong...

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321

Really? And what did obama do to help the economy? When he took office the stock market took a noise dive and stayed down his entire term being propped up by the government to keep it from completely crashing. Then we had record high unemployment. So just what did he do that allowed President Trump to ride this "wave"?

Bush, Clinton and Reagan all walked into a recession too. The difference was that theirs lasted less than 18 months each while Obama's was still floundering 6 years later.

It shocks me that people do not remember just how bad it got under Obama. Families once able to maintain were no longer able to. Many lost their houses, their good paying jobs, Gas prices shot up...Obama wanted them to go to 10 bucks a gallon to force people more green...Meat prices went up about 50% in a very short period of time. As people lost their incomes and had to get jobs that paid less then 1/2 of what they were making before if they were lucky found the cost of living sky rocketed too.

This was close to 8 years of economic hell for so many. Finally the ball started rolling again and so Trump instead of destroying it like Biden would like to he started to push it harder and we saw great gains again.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I can identfy with the stupidity of the whole affair, i would let people wear what they wish.

Then again i have seen people being pulled by far smaller companies than Goodyear over here for simply wearing the likes of a football shirt under there overalls.

And when your a plumber, spark or joiner, crawling under floors all day, covered in all sorts of crap, your apt to ponder what the feck??? LoL

End of the day when you work for a company you have to follow there rules, especially if some mad jobsworth is there to enforce them.

A load of thing are wrong including the misplaced outrage.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join