It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodyear U-Turns On Diversity After Losing Traction With Conservatives

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm sure those losing their job from a boycott will feel this way.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

The smart ones quit when they realized they were working for fascists. Darwin will handle the rest.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Goodyear just announced a new line of tires targeted towards BLM, it's specifically designed to run over white people for maximum damage.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Jobs already gone from the virus and the failed policies of Democrat leaders 👃

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

they were working for fascists

What proof do you have of this?

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Jobs already gone from the virus and the failed policies of Democrat leaders 👃

All of them? No one is working at goodyear?

When so many are losing their jobs the right thing to do is boycott.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   

a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

they were working for fascists

What proof do you have of this?

Do you want the Mariam-Webster definition or the new definition assigned by Wiki? Because they both apply, I just need to know how to show you in a way that your beliefs will accept

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Conservatives buy tires before they get to the wear lines.....liberals buy the tires that were taken off the conservatives cars and run around with bald tires.

Can you tell I have two liberal daughters?

If they were my daughters, I'd buy 'em some cheap but good tires
My (millenial) son actually surprised me by actually knowing Jo Jorgensen was running for the Libertarian party

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Ah yes, the ole’ “They do it too, so I must also get in the mud and do the same thing while also speaking out against doing things like this. We are not two heads of the same snake.”, routine.

So much for a business running things the way they want. Surely we should have more government interruption in private businesses. Never a bad thing when the federal government swoops in to trash talk an American company, right?

I say this with a pantry full of Goya products.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I’ve never understood why so many companies chose to take public stances on political and social justice issues. There didn’t seem to be much — if any — pressure from customers to be woke.

Why risk offending a large part of your customer base? It just doesn’t make good business sense.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Goodyear just announced a new line of tires targeted towards BLM, it's specifically designed to run over white people for maximum damage.

So the BLM movement is getting tireing now.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
So the BLM movement is getting tireing now.

I heard they're not into puns and will be turning their new Cracker Crusher tires on you.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Doesn't NASCAR use Goodyear tires?

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace
I’ve never understood why so many companies chose to take public stances on political and social justice issues. There didn’t seem to be much — if any — pressure from customers to be woke.

Why risk offending a large part of your customer base? It just doesn’t make good business sense.

In this case it doesn't sound like Goodyear was trying to take a public stance; they where deseminating internal training information to their employees; it was one of their employees who than put it into the public eye.

A company like Goodyear does have to set conduct policies for their employees and in this day and age that does include politics given the fact that so many people want to take their politics to work with them these days.

They should have just been smarter about it; they instead tried to be compassionate while being tone def.
edit on 20-8-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
A company like Goodyear does have to set conduct policies for their employees and in this day and age that does include politics given the fact that so many people want to take their politics to work with them these days.

It's very easy. NOTHING POLITICAL IS ALLOWED! There. Simple, fair and to the point. Goodyear was choosing sides and they got called on it.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This is why for the most part I run Yokohama tires, the Japanese don't really feed in to the SJW or woke stuff. Same with the tires I run on the track, which come from Pirelli, no agendas there either, just really good tires.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: Scapegrace

In this case it doesn't sound like Goodyear was trying to take a public stance; they where deseminating internal training information to their employees; it was one of their employees who than put it into the public eye.

They should have just been smarter about it; they instead tried to be compassionate while being tone def.
You’re right. They weren’t virtue signaling.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
This is why for the most part I run Yokohama tires, the Japanese don't really feed in to the SJW or woke stuff. Same with the tires I run on the track, which come from Pirelli, no agendas there either, just really good tires.

You might want to check their environmental and social responsibility policies.

Just because Trump hasn't read about it on Twitter doesn't mean they're not spending millions on it...

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

originally posted by: Hypntick

You might want to check their environmental and social responsibility policies.

Just because Trump hasn't read about it on Twitter doesn't mean they're not spending millions on it...

The " Power Of The Purse " Rules in America . Goodyear WILL " Change it's Tune " Soon , the Corporate " Bottom Line " Will Demand It . TRUMP Wins Again ...LOL

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Update: Audio Leaked

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join