It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodyear U-Turns On Diversity After Losing Traction With Conservatives

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: smurfy

I'm not Irish, but I have lived here for a long time...and yes the southern Irish speak English, mostly better than the English do...I'm English! I thought though you might have understood that joke, given your Dr Strangelove persona.

I got the wheel chair guy part but I don't know what ...

I just go to Lourdes, drive into the cure pool there and come out with a set of new tyres
means...lol

You're getting there though..it's the irony of it, a miracle, a new set of tyres on your wheelchair?????

As a total aside, the tyres were Pirelli Angel ST's.

edit on 19-8-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Dumb for any business to get into politics. Funny though, AOC bad for boycotting a can of beans, and here..smooth sailing..lol

That's what happens in STM, (short term memory) that's why AI will never succeed...'s made by humans, parrot culling!

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Exactly.
I'm not even allowed to wear a shirt that says "Infidel" during work hours while at the mine site.
Miner's used to be hard skinned.
Now we have HR cry babies on site, that take offence to everything and try their dammest to make everyone else feel offended.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: xuenchen

I feel like this goes right along with my philosophy in business. keep your political views far away from your business. Once you introduce your political views, you risk loosing about half of your customers. If you don't flap your jaws about your politics, you stand a nice chance of not pissing people off about who you vote for.

But don't let that get in the way of "diversity".

I take it that nobody knows who you are then?

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It's hard to see a win in this for trump.

All I see is him jeopardising the jobs of americans.
Goodyear gets boycotted real jobs are lost.

Just another reason to help those dems get a ubi set up.
Especially since the ones to lose there jobs wont be getting enough unemployment to pay the bills and feed their kids.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Doesn't matter in the context you present.

The COVID19 scare has cost Goodyear millions already and lots of layoffs.

The recovery will bring it all back anyway 😎

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Conservatives buy tires before they get to the wear lines.....liberals buy the tires that were taken off the conservatives cars and run around with bald tires.

Can you tell I have two liberal daughters?

No, but you could be sexist, any which way.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Companies need to stop getting political entirely. There's no upside to it regardless of what part of the political spectrum you find yourself in.

All it does is fuel division and eventually knocks the bottom line of that company down a few notches.

No one wants to hear about your political stance when you're trying to sell me a freaking car.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Simple Common Sense? They took a knee on that years ago.

I was always happy with the Uniroyal Tiger Paws that came on the Cutlass back in the day.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Looks like Goodyear's little scheme went FLAT.

(i'll see myself out)

Naked Gun:

Frank:
It’s the same old story. Boy finds girl, boy loses girl, girl finds boy, boy forgets girl, boy remembers girl, girls dies in a tragic blimp accident over the Orange Bowl on New Year’s Day.

Jane Spencer:
Goodyear?

Frank:
No, the worst

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Hell, I am going to order a couple more my pillows.

That should make for a pretty soft ride.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: vonclod
Dumb for any business to get into politics. Funny though, AOC bad for boycotting a can of beans, and here..smooth sailing..lol

That's what happens in STM, (short term memory) that's why AI will never succeed...'s made by humans, parrot culling!

It's just silly, companies should stay out of politics, and politicians should not call for boycotts.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 12:56 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Nokian Tyres, trust me.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Go to you room!

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Well, that leaves us with some other options...

Some might say Michelin, but French tires would likely surrender under mild stress.

Im gonna go with bridgestone or yokohama.. japanese tires are more likely to tow the line for american cars/trucks. Well, ever since 8/6/1945... 🧐🧐

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Just wanted to report in, my girlfriends company is kind of like a middle man between Goodyear and the retail space they are sold in. She told me after work last night that once this tweet went out the phones went berzerk to cancel all goodyear orders customers had placed. She's never seen anything like it before. It hurts their business as well since they take a little off the top of each sale.

What a bunch of idiots at Goodyear.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: litterbaux

Hell yeah! That made my heart smile!
This new generation of corporates are some of the stupidest humans I’ve ever met in my life. In the early 90s I heard about a Chinese conspiracy to dumb down our education system. Looks like their plan has come full swing.

Seriously geniuses, what in the fvck do politics and tires Have to do with each other?
Next time ask yourselves: do I want everyone’s money or less than half of everyone’s money.
If this is a hard decision, youre either a dimocrat or a demonrat.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Well, that's too bad.
I never could justify the cost of their tires, but Goodyear makes other products too.

The best garden hoses I've ever bought were good year- same for compressed air hoses.
Why are they supporting terrorists and marginalizing their core consumer base?

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Yeah I'm sure they laid off a bunch of employees in the last 24 hours. pffff

I'm sure you were posting the same complaint when AOC asked for a boycott of Goya foods. You were worried about their jobs too right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join