It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodyear U-Turns On Diversity After Losing Traction With Conservatives

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: xuenchen
Massive disconnect with the Goodyear Tire Company that tried to hornswoggle their own employees.

They had some kind of "policy" that all of a sudden forbid specific political statements on clothing.

Now apparently they are "reversing" and burning rubber !!

I bet they got sucked in to some kind of management service that ended up being a Democrat con game !!

Trump got wind of this BS and started a Twitter zhitstorm LOL !!

The "Allegations" are:

As we detailed earlier, a slide that purports to be from Goodyear's diversity training has leaked and appears to show that the company considers “Blue Lives Matter,” “All Lives Matter” and “MAGA” attire “unacceptable,” while at the same time encouraging "Black Lives Matter" and "Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Pride (LGBT)" attire.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Don’t buy GOODYEAR TIRES - They announced a BAN ON MAGA HATS. Get better tires for far less! (This is what the Radical Left Democrats do. Two can play the same game, and we have to start playing it now!).

Update (1150ET): Well, that didn't take long. Goodyear has quickly issued a press release backing away from the 'diversity' training's liberal bias.

So, to summarize, Goodyear hired an external firm to do 'diversity training' to signal just how virtuous they were and the leftist bias in the 'diversity' came back to bite them.

Goodyear U-Turns On "Diversity" After Losing Traction With Conservatives

I'm getting tyred of all this rubberish!

🤣
and People in Lebanon are so fed up, they're getting "Tyre'd"

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Massive disconnect with the Goodyear Tire Company that tried to hornswoggle their own employees.

They had some kind of "policy" that all of a sudden forbid specific political statements on clothing.

Now apparently they are "reversing" and burning rubber !!

I bet they got sucked in to some kind of management service that ended up being a Democrat con game !!

Trump got wind of this BS and started a Twitter zhitstorm LOL !!

The "Allegations" are:

As we detailed earlier, a slide that purports to be from Goodyear's diversity training has leaked and appears to show that the company considers “Blue Lives Matter,” “All Lives Matter” and “MAGA” attire “unacceptable,” while at the same time encouraging "Black Lives Matter" and "Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Pride (LGBT)" attire.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Don’t buy GOODYEAR TIRES - They announced a BAN ON MAGA HATS. Get better tires for far less! (This is what the Radical Left Democrats do. Two can play the same game, and we have to start playing it now!).

Update (1150ET): Well, that didn't take long. Goodyear has quickly issued a press release backing away from the 'diversity' training's liberal bias.

So, to summarize, Goodyear hired an external firm to do 'diversity training' to signal just how virtuous they were and the leftist bias in the 'diversity' came back to bite them.

Goodyear U-Turns On "Diversity" After Losing Traction With Conservatives

Get woke, go broke.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Our company is Fortune 100 and liberal in looks. But with a recent 20% reduction in force we've noticed all the conservative people seem to still be here. Outward Bernie or Biden supporters seem to be gone. Probably something about we come to work everyday.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Goodyear's Twitter post says it didn't come from corporate. So either Topeka is selectively enforcing policy or corporate is LYING...

hmmmm...

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightVision
Goodyear's Twitter post says it didn't come from corporate. So either Topeka is selectively enforcing policy or corporate is LYING...

hmmmm...

Another company spinning their wheels 😆

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Can't disagree with that. Their stance should be, "we make tires."

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Who Buys Goodyear Tires Anyway today ? Plenty of Competition out their to take their Market Share Away Right Now . I Smell BOYCOTT ......

edit on 19-8-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Goodyear tires still suck I wouldn't put them on any of my four cars...

Obviously not a man of faith, I just go to Lourdes, drive into the cure pool there and come out with a set of new tyres...a fellow in a wheelchair gave me that tip!

edit on 19-8-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Remember , Goodyear is union.....
110 %
edit on 8/19/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Obviously not a man of faith, I just go to Lourdes, drive into the cure pool there and come out with a set of new tyres...a fellow in a wheelchair gave me that tip!

I have no clue to what you just said... does the Irish actually speak English?

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Another company spinning their wheels 😆

Go Woke... Go Broke...

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I think he bean counters at GoodYear just realized that Trump could easily cancel the government contract with GY for all those tires on the government fleet vehicles. And figured that if the government switches brands then they are going to be out a lot of money.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I have no clue to what you just said... does the Irish actually speak English?

I'm not Irish, but I have lived here for a long time...and yes the southern Irish speak English, mostly better than the English do...I'm English! I thought though you might have understood that joke, given your Dr Strangelove persona.
edit on 19-8-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I'm not Irish, but I have lived here for a long time...and yes the southern Irish speak English, mostly better than the English do...I'm English! I thought though you might have understood that joke, given your Dr Strangelove persona.

I got the wheel chair guy part but I don't know what ...

I just go to Lourdes, drive into the cure pool there and come out with a set of new tyres
means...lol

Actually as to my avatar, I use to fly nukes around the world back in the 90s and after we landed somewhere on a long day we would put on Dr. Strangelove and watch a good chunk of it as the crew got ready to go eat/drink for the night....lol

edit on 19-8-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321
I think he bean counters at GoodYear just realized that Trump could easily cancel the government contract with GY for all those tires on the government fleet vehicles. And figured that if the government switches brands then they are going to be out a lot of money.

Trump would never do that...naw....

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Dumb for any business to get into politics. Funny though, AOC bad for boycotting a can of beans, and here..smooth sailing..lol

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

It could be interesting to see big discounts and sale specials on Goodyear tires anytime soon.

Nope, not buying no matter what.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Hey,

Looks like I get to add Goodyear to the "political trash do not buy list" like Gillette products and Dicks sporting goods.

Hell, I am going to order a couple more my pillows.
edit on 19-8-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join