It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

more evidence hydroxychloroquine does not prevent getting covid

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: face23785
It's very political, yes, to claim a drug doesn't work--with zero scientific backing--just because the President talked about it.

The flip side is true as well, people promote this because their messiah thinks it works.

Okay. The end game of that is, people promoting it because they love Trump aren't getting anyone killed. People fighting against this drug just because they hate Trump are getting people killed. One is clearly worse than the other. Thanks for your devil's advocacy.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
Anyone just taking some pill they heard about on tv without talking with their personal doctor is imo a fool.

What about when I got a reverse mortgage and used my physical gold as a down payment while wearing my Tac Glasses?

My father has decided to sell some gold he has been hoarding since the 70's. A little tight with money back in the day, he was buying gold and saving it. Now he needs the money and now is a good time to make a sale at nearly $2k a Troy Ounce.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Okay. The end game of that is, people promoting it because they love Trump aren't getting anyone killed.

Sure, cause the 'quine can't kill you. I have no issue with any of you self medicating, as a matter of fact I fully condone you ingesting the stuff in copious amounts.

edit on 21-8-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Okay. The end game of that is, people promoting it because they love Trump aren't getting anyone killed.

Sure, cause the 'quine can't kill you. I have no issue with any of you self medicating, as a matter of fact I fully condone you ingesting the stuff in copious amounts.

It has a long and well-established safety record. Anything can kill you, but more lives would be saved by the drug being used than the minuscule fraction of people that might have side effects from it. And the concerns about heart problems are only for people who are taking it for long periods, years.

I would think you'd know this stuff before you decide to opine on the subject. It's only been discussed here 30 times. All the "studies" that claim to show it doesn't work don't use the drug as it's recommended to be used. This has been rehashed a ton already. How do you not know this? Maybe if you'd take a break from trolling once in a while you might learn something about the subject matter of the threads you puke all over with meaningless nonsense.
edit on 21 8 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

It has a long and well-established safety record.

For malaria and lupus, anything else and the science is not settled. But like I said, I don't care if you self medicate, the 'Quine is like a religion for people like you now. It reminds me of the colloidal silver, turmeric, molasses and baking soda loons at this point.

Drink it, drink it up.

edit on 21-8-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

It has a long and well-established safety record.

For malaria and lupus, anything else and the science is not settled. But like I said, I don't care if you self medicate, the 'Quine is like a religion for people like you now. It reminds me of the colloidal silver, turmeric, molasses and baking soda loons at this point.

Drink it, drink it up.

The scientific studies that have been done show it works. It saves lives. The resistance to it just to spite Trump costs lives. That is in no way similar to the other "remedies" you lump it in with. Your lack of knowledge on this subject is glaringly obvious. You don't know what you're talking about, you're uninformed, and you're wrong. I realize that's gonna be a blow to your fragile little ego, but just keep spinning.

I will once again let you have the last word, otherwise you'll continue to derail the thread with your baseless nonsense, as usual. It's not like you have anything of substance to add. My continued engagement of you on this subject will be a waste of time. You're fanatically dedicated to remaining ignorant.
edit on 21 8 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

The scientific studies that have been done show it works. It saves lives.

And other studies show different pharmaceuticals have less risk.

Look, I don't know what you're not getting, I want you to take the 'quine, I want you to take it daily and in copious quantities. If you want to put something in your body that's your call.

Why you so resistant to taking the magic juice? Just make sure you document it and post the results here for the hilarity.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
AM, it is a Scientific fact that the trials are working. 53 studies confirmed it and here is a reference to read

There's a Mountain of Evidence That Hydroxychloroquine Is an Effective Treatment for COVID-19

I consider you smart enough to know I don't lie and I try to back up what I say as best I can.

Kudos
edit on 21-8-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Pick your favorite one of those 53 studies. Let's discuss it. Let's see if we can determine what it actually shows.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Pick your favorite one of those 53 studies. Let's discuss it. Let's see if we can determine what it actually shows.

Bored on lockdown are we

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

You know you don't care what the truth is at all.

Swiss studies......

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Swiss Army knives...

Swiss cheese...
edit on 8/21/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This tends to be the thing. Positive results.
www.bizpacreview.com...

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

When do you people who believe the CNN's going to learn they lie and sadly it causes even more to die?

Why give these serial liars who spin one lie right after another worthy of a listen?

ETA
Detroit

edit on 21-8-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

The study which is the topic of your first link:

Limitations to our analysis include the retrospective, non-randomized, non-blinded study design. Also, information on duration of symptoms prior to hospitalization was not available for analysis.

However, our results should be interpreted with some caution and should not be applied to patients treated outside of hospital settings. Our results also require further confirmation in prospective, randomized controlled trials that rigorously evaluate the safety and efficacy of hydroxychloroquine therapy for COVID-19 in hospitalized patients.

Henry Ford Study

I can't find anything about "controls" for age groups in the study. Can you?

edit on 8/21/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   

For every one that claims it works another doesn't.

But again, take it if you want. I don't care.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
Anyone just taking some pill they heard about on tv without talking with their personal doctor is imo a fool.

What about when I got a reverse mortgage and used my physical gold as a down payment while wearing my Tac Glasses?

He's the only troll on the site that actually makes me laugh though.

Do you just do this on political threads or is this the sum and total of your "contributions" on the entire site? Trolling is all I ever see you do.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

For every one that claims it works another doesn't.

But again, take it if you want. I don't care.

I think you are being fair.

I think the Doctors who generally care are actually trying things they can try to see if it works rather than give up and say, too bad. I obviously am seeing plenty of evidence that I can agree is properly vetted and then I see the attempts to make HCQ look like manure mixed in with some honest trials that needed to be vetted that were not as successful. The early use of HCQ and Zn/Antibiotic is saving lives in many studies is all I can say about it. A virus, we should note, does not respond to the antibiotic but secondary infections hopefully will.

Prevention by simply washing your hands and keeping your distance from those ill is all one really needs to do to survive this Politically driven pandemic.

edit on 22-8-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
www.dailymail.co.uk...

trump who has NO medical background said he was taking this to prevent getting the covid 19 well here you go www.dailymail.co.uk...

these people with lupus and or RA (rheumatoid arthritis) who have been on this medication for years .. They looked at the records of 4 MILLION of these people and 34.6% contracted the covid 19 roughly the same 31.4% did not get covid 19........soooooooo if what trump said was true the people who had been on it for a while that number should have been MUCH lower it should have prevented them from getting it

it worked in the lab in a test tube but as in many many things did not work on humans

You need to fix your thread title. Anything less is dishonest. It WORKS if zinc and z-pack are taken at the same time. The people you cite? None of them took zinc or z-pack so of course they're at risk.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Visiting ESB

It WORKS if zinc and z-pack are taken at the same time.

Prove it.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
www.dailymail.co.uk...

trump who has NO medical background said he was taking this to prevent getting the covid 19 well here you go www.dailymail.co.uk...

these people with lupus and or RA (rheumatoid arthritis) who have been on this medication for years .. They looked at the records of 4 MILLION of these people and 34.6% contracted the covid 19 roughly the same 31.4% did not get covid 19........soooooooo if what trump said was true the people who had been on it for a while that number should have been MUCH lower it should have prevented them from getting it

it worked in the lab in a test tube but as in many many things did not work on humans

Your source is dishonest. While it mentions the Lancet study, it conveniently fails to mention that study was retracted by Lancet.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join