It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

more evidence hydroxychloroquine does not prevent getting covid

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: themove1904
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Every thread i,ve read on here about Hydroxy have been all about Trump and peoples hated of him, Me i,ve not a horse in the race , I,m from Scotland but can see whats going on very clearly, Forget about Trump and think about the life,s that could be saved, Your sad individuals putting your dislike of a man before people,s health

You nailed it sir.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: acparker7
a reply to: research100

I don't think the claim that has been made by doctors (or Trump but feel free to show me his quote if he is claiming this) is that HCQ "PREVENTS" one from contracting COVID. From what I've read, the argument for HCQ is as an early stage treatment - once someone has tested positive but doesn't have severe symptoms - (and it needs to be coupled with zinc and azithromycin). That's very different from claiming that it prevents you from getting the virus at all.

The studies show that azithromycin alone is just as effective.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
how about YOU get a clue the president took the drug for 2 weeks ( so he says) to prevent getting the covid 19 he said NOTHING about taking it with zinc or anything else...........so that is what the comparison they did

This is a quote from your own article.

Trump took a two-week course of hydroxychloroquine, along with zinc and Vitamin D, after two staffers tested positive for COVID-19, and had no ill effects, according to results of his latest physical released by his physician.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

Care to post a link... I've done a bit of reading About HCQ and haven't come across a single study that mentioned that.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

Dude, no one said taking it prevents Covid. Taken early during the infectious stage, it can stop people from going full blown sick. Re research your information, go back further than a dang decade so y'all can see the difference between politically biased Propaganda and old fashioned news.

Seriously, stop already...the movie Idiocracy wasn't supposed to be a damned Prophecy.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

They kind of have though...it requires taking all 3 meds which among other things allows zinc uptake into cells much easier if I recall correctly as well as both other meds being anti viral. It's not fool proof 100% but it does better than a silly ass mask I bet. I'm on my phone or I'd look you up some links...however I'm sure if you google it you will find plenty on it.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

even though many actual doctors disagree with that.

What are the majority of doctors saying?

I don't want to just pick a choose doctors that only say what I want to hear.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The people of ats must really be worried about covid if they are willing to take a medication that has only been tested on said illness for a few months.

I'm not taking hcq or the vaccine.

It's all to rushed for my taste.

Funny how so many wont take the vaccine because they don't trust it but are willing to swallow down some big pharma pills.

It really makes you think that this is all about who is pushing these meds and not about wanting to cure or protect themselves.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

The health risk of hcq z-pack and zinc are well known...they arent new drugs. I however do not take meds unless they are to save my life or I am dying of pain...even then I don't like it. I think if you let your body work things out it will normally if you are mostly healthy leading up to the acute issue. Not everyone feels that way though so...

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

even though many actual doctors disagree with that.

What are the majority of doctors saying?

I don't want to just pick a choose doctors that only say what I want to hear.

Very good point.
There are over a million doctors in the US alone.

Granted, some of them aren’t qualified to comment on antivirals.

Even so I highly doubt that 10% of those that are qualified have voiced their opinion publicly.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Most doctors who are using it are reporting less hospitalized patients if caught early. In my googling of it most of the doctors having anything bad to say about the treatment are either people not actually seeing patients or prescribing anything or there is the obvious politics involved.

I tend to try and look for correlated data and as much studies as I can when I search. I try to stay away from news articles and look for scientific outlets or data from actual doctors using the treatment.

There is a study underway right now actually on this combo of meds and it is being done properly. I eagerly await the results as if it is successful we can all go back to work and live like normal again without the fear hype!

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

Most doctors aren't publishing studies and writing papers on it no...but of the ones who are it appears the majority think its worth using.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
The people of ats must really be worried about covid if they are willing to take a medication that has only been tested on said illness for a few months.

I too am amazed that the discussions on Covid-19 medications are getting so much attention, with U.S. hospitalizations declining every day the way they are.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Most doctors aren't publishing studies and writing papers on it no...but of the ones who are it appears the majority think its worth using.

Agreed, my point was that we are hearing from a very small number of those that think it’s worth using due to the negative feedback they receive. Feedback that is being encouraged by the MSM and OPs like this.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Ah...well then we agree on that. I understand politics in a lot of places in this world but healthcare and education are not places for that at all...

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   

The trouble is without a controlled study, there is no way to tell if a treatment is more effective than no treatment.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

There is one underway now though if I recall from a previous thread we were both in. Most of our data comes from the treating of patients with it as opposed to those who don't get that treatment and that is not a real control...but it is better than nothing. We could just be here praying for some magical vaccine that covers all the strains... Iceland found 4,400+ so far so a vaccine is probably a pipe dream.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
www.dailymail.co.uk...

trump who has NO medical background said he was taking this to prevent getting the covid 19 well here you go www.dailymail.co.uk...

these people with lupus and or RA (rheumatoid arthritis) who have been on this medication for years .. They looked at the records of 4 MILLION of these people and 34.6% contracted the covid 19 roughly the same 31.4% did not get covid 19........soooooooo if what trump said was true the people who had been on it for a while that number should have been MUCH lower it should have prevented them from getting it

it worked in the lab in a test tube but as in many many things did not work on humans

And here's an article discussing the problems with research that outlines several scenarios where HCQ actually did work. The problem has to do with the myriad "underlying" illnesses, testing in tubes vs patients and the fact that healthcare can't accept a treatment that is SO CHEAP!

The author also describes the despicable practice of discrediting every doctor in the world who who used the drug for treatment. Citing the experience of the French, completely competent professionals, who stated that they had used HCQ successfully were then slammed in the US news media. And here in the US, all of the sudden, all of our researchers and doctors who have used HCQ are bumbling idiots and have their videos on which they describe treatment are taken down from Youtube - not one or two doctors but LOTS of them. No. Something stinks.

Hydroxychloroquine

The fact is, Big Pharma pays massive amounts to Big Media for TV ads with tiny print and fast talkers listing side affects of drugs that could kill you so until that ends, we won't know what works and what doesn't.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   

There is one underway now though if I recall from a previous thread we were both in.

More than one, and some completed. The completed ones are not promising.

...but it is better than nothing.
There is, as I said, no way to know that.

We could just be here praying for some magical vaccine that covers all the strains... Iceland found 4,400+ so far so a vaccine is probably a pipe dream.

I think you're exaggerating, just a little. Unless you have something more recent than this:
Iceland scientists found 40 mutations of the coronavirus, report says

But just because there is a mutation (not the same as a "strain"), it doesn't mean a vaccine needs to be developed for each one.

edit on 8/19/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: themove1904
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Every thread i,ve read on here about Hydroxy have been all about Trump and peoples hated of him, Me i,ve not a horse in the race , I,m from Scotland but can see whats going on very clearly, Forget about Trump and think about the life,s that could be saved, Your sad individuals putting your dislike of a man before people,s health

Ummmm... except by that theory the rest of the world would be using it (if it were a viable option) and only the US wouldn't. But the rest of the world isn't using it for C-19. In fact, the rest of the world has called off investigating its usage re: Covid-19 as enough info has come back via testing to rule it out. So, the world has thought about the lives that could be saved and the lives that could be lost and said 'no'. Poor Trump made this political. And as per usual, his victim complex filters downward. ps - weird comma game brotha

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join