It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

more evidence hydroxychloroquine does not prevent getting covid

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

trump who has NO medical background said he was taking this to prevent getting the covid 19 well here you go www.dailymail.co.uk...

these people with lupus and or RA (rheumatoid arthritis) who have been on this medication for years .. They looked at the records of 4 MILLION of these people and 34.6% contracted the covid 19 roughly the same 31.4% did not get covid 19........soooooooo if what trump said was true the people who had been on it for a while that number should have been MUCH lower it should have prevented them from getting it

it worked in the lab in a test tube but as in many many things did not work on humans

edit on 19-8-2020 by research100 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

It's cool, Mike Lindell will sell you a pillow and some oleandrin which is perfect, as you begin to croak you can slowly lower your head on to a comfy pillow. Forget the 'quine, take this instead.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Great another confusing unverified laboratory report 😎

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

But no z-pack and zinc as the protocol suggests, correct?

Show me some studies with that.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JourneyAbout

Probably should have added some mole-asses, tumorlick and hemorrhoidal silver just to push it over the top.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
No one ever said it prevents you catching covid, but many Dr,s have said it helps greatly with symptoms and recovery , and as JourneyAbout says no Zinc or azithromycin added neither a reply to: research100

edit on 19-8-2020 by themove1904 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I don't think the claim that has been made by doctors (or Trump but feel free to show me his quote if he is claiming this) is that HCQ "PREVENTS" one from contracting COVID. From what I've read, the argument for HCQ is as an early stage treatment - once someone has tested positive but doesn't have severe symptoms - (and it needs to be coupled with zinc and azithromycin). That's very different from claiming that it prevents you from getting the virus at all.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: acparker7

I don't think the claim that has been made by doctors (or Trump but feel free to show me his quote if he is claiming this) is that HCQ "PREVENTS" one from contracting COVID. From what I've read, the argument for HCQ is as an early stage treatment - once someone has tested positive but doesn't have severe symptoms - (and it needs to be coupled with zinc and azithromycin). That's very different from claiming that it prevents you from getting the virus at all.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: acparker7

It can be given prophylacticly and can in some cases prevent you from getting it...at least I have read that numerous times from doctors actually seeing patients. Its not 100% though and does require all 3 medicines to be given. Alone hcq doesn't do much but with all 3 the reaction with your body allows the zinc to block the receptors that the virus binds to. At least that's my laymans understanding of it.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Just to clarify your position.

Masks work and everybody should wear them and HCQ should not be taken.

What about the doctors that have had success with it? In the absence of other promising treatment why would HCQ be avoided?

I mean, the whole mask argument is that mandates are okay because even the tiny chance it prevents an ill person from spreading the disease is worth authoritarian mandates. Doesn't that same idea hold true for HCQ treatment?

Not that what people decide with their doctors is public business anyway, but I'd love to hear the way these two positions coexist in your head.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Just to clarify your position.

Masks work and everybody should wear them and HCQ should not be taken.

What about the doctors that have had success with it? In the absence of other promising treatment why would HCQ be avoided?

I mean, the whole mask argument is that mandates are okay because even the tiny chance it prevents an ill person from spreading the disease is worth authoritarian mandates. Doesn't that same idea hold true for HCQ treatment?

Not that what people decide with their doctors is public business anyway, but I'd love to hear the way these two positions coexist in your head.

Oh, you poor silly person. You seem to have forgotten to factor in "orange man bad". I hope once you re figure your maths, you come to the correct conclusion.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
There’s plenty of evidence in opposition. Your OP is nothing definitive. Did you also notice how they keep tightening The parameters of what Hydroxychloroquine doesn’t do ?

Now supposedly it does not prevent it a issue which is not settled .

Didn’t mention its impact on viral load reduction and The possibility that it makes the infection less severe .

this issue isn’t settled and people that push its uselessness as a therapeutic treatment should be ashamed of their selves .

Just because you think the orange man is mean and out of a personal vendetta to prove Trump is wrong .

you’re more than happy to #can the drug when there’s a chance it could save thousands of lives .

How do you sleep at night with all of your bitterness ?

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

How do you sleep at night with all of your bitterness ?

At this point I'm not sure they even think about it...just second nature for them to hate anything that isn't attacking him.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
At this point, Im not inclined to believe these "studies."

Its baffling to me that no one who trots these "studies" out takes the time to look at where its being claimed to work, and where it isnt. This is basic stuff, and it doesnt line up. The protocols for where it works are different than how its handled in the "studies" that claim it doesnt work.

I also find it baffling that the hacks putting out these so-called "studies" dont just outright lie and manufacture data & results. Its not like the people who believe and trust them will ever actually look into it.

I guess they dont need to do it, but itd be quite simple to just claim they used the same protocols that are based on years of research and ever-increasing empirical data from around the world. "Sure we used Zinc, sure we used it early, sure we used the proper doses!"

Perhaps its just to serve as further inculcation into the corporate-political cult. So much effort is being put in to laughable work. I mean, if "youre" gonna be duplicitous, dishonest, and put out nonsense #Science.. why not just manufacture a "study" that *directly* addresses this very, very basic stuff?

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
www.dailymail.co.uk...

trump who has NO medical background

You're absolutely right, so I'll make you a deal. If you can get Bill "Mr. No Medical Background" Gates to STFU I will personally put in a word to Donny to pipe down.

edit on 8 19 2020 by underpass61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JourneyAbout

Why haven't these combinations cured the common cold (also a coronavirus) with it yet, then?

And since Zinc is normally part of the schedule of medications and vitamins given for lupus and arthritis, I would imagine that they are included in the statistics.

Vitamin & Mineral Deficiencies Associated With Lupus - Healthfully

Zinc Deficiency And Rheumatoid Arthritis - AbableArthritis

Why I Prescribe Antibiotics To Patients With Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Multiple Chemical Sensitivity, And Other Autoimmune Diseases - ProHealth

... and Z-pack is a common antibiotic, many of these people in the study may also have had infections treated with this, although it wasn't the subject of this particular study, which showed that HCQ does not significantly prevent COVID-19.

Perhaps this is, instead, a case of desperate and uncritical people buying snake oil from a renowned salesman?

edit on 19/8/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

originally posted by: research100
www.dailymail.co.uk...

trump who has NO medical background

You're absolutely right, so I'll make you a deal. If you can get Bill "Mr. No Medical Background"l Gates to STFU I will personally put in a word to Donny to pipe down.

Bill Gates is an investor and philanthropic supporter of a number of things.

He isn't a public spokesman for the companies he invests in.

He is a rather private person in comparison to others in this debate.

edit on 19/8/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I haven't really kept up with the media invented controversy but I was under the impression that this drug in combination with a couple other things like zinc made recovery less traumatic.

Much like ibuprofen is used for reducing fever and not curing the illness causing the fever.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

(SARS-CoV-2) which is the infecting agent causing Covid-19 disease. Hydroxychloroquine has several effects which make it a very useful tool in fighting Covid-19 infections:

modulates the immune system’s response to help calm Coronavirus-induced inflammatory reactions, especially in the lungs

reduces the body’s overly excited signaling processes which can result in dangerous cytokine storms in the lungs

has anti-infective and disruptive actions against Coronavirus (an RNA virus)

promotes absorption of Zinc into cells which impairs Coronavirus replication

HCQ is well absorbed, hits peak levels all over the body in only 4 hours and is especially concentrated in lung tissues. It is slowly eliminated, taking more than 40 days to clear the body.

Physicians all over the world have been using a combination of Hydroxychloroquine plus Azithromycin, reporting excellent statistics of viral clearing from the body in 3-5 days after starting treatment. Doctors have noted the treatment works much better if started in the early stages of infection. Unfortunately, results have not been as promising when patients who were already critical were started on the treatment.

Azithromycin (Z-pak) is an antibiotic, useful in treating lung infections and pneumonia. Like Hydroxychloroquine, it concentrates in lung tissues. Azithromycin is an unusual antibiotic because it also possesses anti-viral activity. Additionally, its anti-inflammatory effects protect patients from the cytokine storms which result in severe lung inflammation.

Adding Zinc to the Covid-19 treatment protocol makes sense as Zinc has been shown to reduce viral penetration into healthy cells and reduces viral replication inside infected cells.

Source

Just a quick explanation of how it works and why it is used. It doesn't cure covid it helps slow virus replication and also helps prevent immune system over reaction which causes the cytokine storms we hear about. None of which are issues with the common cold.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

It amazes me how stupid half the population of America is and how easily they were manipulated by the media .

Liberalism is the cult of gullibility .

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join