It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OHHHHHH So now Stay at home Parents are unpaid

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
LOL....i have no clue what this thread means at all....I am just weighing in as a single dad of 2 girls with majority custody and all decision making rights.

I made the mistake of being married to 2 women that become hard-core feminists. First one was 12 years...she suddenly became a massive hypocrite and feminist in 2007/8....we divorced in 2008/9. Second was 6 years....we divorced in 2018 because Yoga and Essential oils became more important than a job.

So....here I am....a single dad of 2 awesome girls. They surprise me with cereal in bed every now and then, some really bad coffee and occasionally some grapefruit juice.

Oddly....I have found a way to live...../sarcasm

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

Also being independent means not having a controlling partner. I never said my independence was hindered because I have a child. I am a VERY INDEPENDENT woman and I don't need anyone in my life to do a thing for me. Being married to a controlling possessive person makes you very much dependent and not independent. It's suffocating.

My wife hasn't worked because my job that pays well makes it hard for me to always be around, so yes she had to be independent with me away in raising my two boys.

We are both looking forward to when the boys are on their own and I'm retired, so a controlling possessive person has no place in a good relationship with either side.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I would bet money that single/stay-at-home dads, in the next election, will be one of the biggest voting sectors.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

So are you saying every woman you date turn into gay man haters...lol

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
So, you would still hedge your bet on 4 loving kids with SS.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

It wasn't the "stuck" part, you also said you hated being a stay at home mom.

While you tried to walk it back by saying it was the relationship you also said you needed "human interaction and a separate life of my own separate from my personal/family." That is separate from the spouse and kid.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

So, you would still hedge your bet on 4 loving kids with SS.

Actually with my wife able to be a stay home mom we were able to raised two great sons who would do anything for us. One is a EE and the other will be a doctor soon, so ya I'll take their support over SS any day... My SS will be beer money anyways..

edit on 19-8-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
But that doesn't mean everyone has it like that.

You do understand that was the point being made and not someone's personal situation?

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

LOL....i have no clue what this thread means at all....I am just weighing in as a single dad of 2 girls with majority custody and all decision making rights.

It's just my ramblings at people that never took child rearing seriously.
Is it work, yes, hard work. Is it something that should be paid, no (at least not by other people's taxes etc.). You don't want the responsibility of kids don't have them.
Unfortunately too many still do.
edit on 19-8-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

So are you saying every woman you date turn into gay man haters...lol

No....I'm saying I like Durkees on my f-ing sandwiches.....

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

it is satisfying to see people really getting to see what being a stay at home parent and being a teacher is all about.

Should we pay parents to stay home and teach their kids?
hhhmmmmm

No, but all school supplies should be paid for with taxes.
Unless your a single parent. Then we can talk about paying them.

A better educated society is good for everyone.

edit on 19-8-2020 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

You don't want the responsibility of kids don't have them.

If emotional discipline and self understanding were taught to the young this wouldn't be such a problem.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Society is going through some big changes right now.

This really will be a different world in a few years.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

LOL....unless you're a single parent? Why would they matter? I am one....I don't expect a handout. I got married and divorced....twice. That was all me....

I have 2 kids. I would never expect anyone else to pay for or care for them or me.

We all make choices....and the way we deal with those choices is what makes us. You can choose to take responsibility and provide, or you can choose to be provided for and do nothing.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   

it is satisfying to see people really getting to see what being a stay at home parent and being a teacher is all about.

I think a lot of people didn't realize what brats they have raised! (or actually haven't raised properly!)

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: mblahnikluver

It wasn't the "stuck" part, you also said you hated being a stay at home mom.

While you tried to walk it back by saying it was the relationship you also said you needed "human interaction and a separate life of my own separate from my personal/family." That is separate from the spouse and kid.

That and the part she said about the need for people time & working being independence got me. Last I checked, that was the opposite of independence. I'm pretty damn introverted, the last thing I NEED to be independent is others.
edit on 8/20/2020 by Nyiah because: clarity

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I don't expect a handout.

Good for you. There are many who feel differently.

I'm fine with helping them because like I said a more educated society is better for us all.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Good for you. There are many who feel differently.

I'm fine with helping them because like I said a more educated society is better for us all.

To a point, at some points "helping" is actually hurting.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Awww there there shhhhh...
It’s not a job. It’s being personally responsible. Being a stay at home parent is not working. You seem to take a prideful offense implying (maybe hitting home who knows) that you are lazy with the you don’t “work” comment. That’s not on others how you choose to respond.

edit on 21-8-2020 by Rob808 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Muninn
I've met some serious alcoholic roofers man, they never went home even though they had one with families, so never say never man, there's always someone willing to go through physical hell to escape emotional hell

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join