It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OHHHHHH So now Stay at home Parents are unpaid

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Doesnt it make you sad?. It does me. What makes me puke is I get the "parents" asking me. "Do you have kids?" I'd answer in the negative and they would reply with. "Good. Dont." Which makes me puke... They dont realize that that is basically insinuating that you'd be better off had they not existed... which ever doesnt believe that... your child is burning cities down.

You're absolutely right though. It shouldn't be a job but a passion. The meaning of life.

Destroy the family unit and watch all hell break lose.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

a reply to: JAGStorm

Well, it's not a job title like a lot of people use it for. A job is a paid position of regular employment and when someone refers to working, they're referring to the job you go to everyday. Taking care of our kids is our responsibility. I often feel guilty that I drop my son off at daycare everyday so my wife and I can work our jobs, but I use a woman who was a good friend in high school and owns one of the best daycares around here, plus he loves it there. If my wife wanted to stay home to take care of him, I would let her in a heartbeat, but never in a million years would she say she was a stay at home mom. She would say she doesn't work, she stays home with our son.

Everyone is entitled to their preference, but there's no need in getting offended when someone says you don't work. Anyone with a kid (who loves their kid(s) knows it's a task caring for a child.

But WHY? Why is it called work if a stranger takes care of your kids and they get SS and it is not work when your Wife does it and a better job of it?
Maybe if they didn't hear like my Wife did constantly the derogatory tone "Oh You Done't Work" Maybe if it was included as being considered a full time job by society more people would proudly care for their kids instead of letting perverts take their kids all day.

I don't consider 18 to 25 year old girls - who are interviewed and have background checks and drug tests ran on them - as perverts. It's considered work by the daycare staff because it's their job description to take care of other peoples kids. Why should it be considered a job for me or my wife to stay home and take care of a child we reproduced? That's called a responsibility, not a job.

If we're gonna start acting like this then when do I start getting a government check for washing, waxing, and detailing my truck that I bought and got dirty? When can I expect my government check for power washing my house last weekend? Mowing my yard? Cleaning my house? Either I can take care of it myself for free because it's my responsibility, or I can find a company that hires people to do these things and I can pay them to do it. Do you see a pattern yet?

Then maybe society should go back to making People feel PROUD of things like caring for their own kids and stop treating them like lesser humans all the while giving praise to anyone no matter how bad they care for someones kids as long as it involves a check!

I think you are dreaming if you think none of those wonderful 18 years old are harming your kids just because they have some paper that says they are OK!
This is why the world it a wreck!
See any pattern here?

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
We've gotten to comfortable letting others dictate our children's lives. Strangers teaching them. Human beings have forgot what it's like to be human. What a series of events that we as people have allowed to transpire these past 60 years... what a shame....

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
DIY is not a job.

Why not? They both take time, effort and know-how.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGhoul
We've gotten to comfortable letting others dictate our children's lives. Strangers teaching them. Human beings have forgot what it's like to be human. What a series of events that we as people have allowed to transpire these past 60 years... what a shame....

Very true, maybe this is a reset for some.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

What a sad world and such uncaring disrespectful folks!

A Woman that raises her kids and contributes those good People to society has nothing to live on in old age.

A Woman who cares for someone else kids maybe even leaving hers home alone to do so and they turn out as a bane to society will get a SS check all because a $$ is what makes the person valuable in today's view.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I remember back when I was single I had to do my own laundry, clean my house, do proper hygiene, buy my own groceries etc. etc. AND you know I always thought BOY this is an unpaid job....

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Never mind. I was gonna ask you if you ran your paper route like my uncle did back in the 60's when he was in high school. He'd pick up one of the girls in the neighborhood that he went to school with and then go park on the levee after his route.

No, I ran mine like a sweatshop.

I should have known. As long as you had a little fun in the meantime.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

A Woman that raises her kids and contributes those good People to society has nothing to live on in old age.

She has loving kids to take care of her...doesn't she? I'll take 4 loving kids over SS and being alone any day of the week.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Well, it's not a job title like a lot of people use it for. A job is a paid position of regular employment and when someone refers to working, they're referring to the job you go to everyday. Taking care of our kids is our responsibility. I often feel guilty that I drop my son off at daycare everyday so my wife and I can work our jobs, but I use a woman who was a good friend in high school and owns one of the best daycares around here, plus he loves it there. If my wife wanted to stay home to take care of him, I would let her in a heartbeat, but never in a million years would she say she was a stay at home mom. She would say she doesn't work, she stays home with our son.

Everyone is entitled to their preference, but there's no need in getting offended when someone says you don't work. Anyone with a kid (who loves their kid(s) knows it's a task caring for a child.

But WHY? Why is it called work if a stranger takes care of your kids and they get SS and it is not work when your Wife does it and a better job of it?
Maybe if they didn't hear like my Wife did constantly the derogatory tone "Oh You Done't Work" Maybe if it was included as being considered a full time job by society more people would proudly care for their kids instead of letting perverts take their kids all day.

I don't consider 18 to 25 year old girls - who are interviewed and have background checks and drug tests ran on them - as perverts. It's considered work by the daycare staff because it's their job description to take care of other peoples kids. Why should it be considered a job for me or my wife to stay home and take care of a child we reproduced? That's called a responsibility, not a job.

If we're gonna start acting like this then when do I start getting a government check for washing, waxing, and detailing my truck that I bought and got dirty? When can I expect my government check for power washing my house last weekend? Mowing my yard? Cleaning my house? Either I can take care of it myself for free because it's my responsibility, or I can find a company that hires people to do these things and I can pay them to do it. Do you see a pattern yet?

Then maybe society should go back to making People feel PROUD of things like caring for their own kids and stop treating them like lesser humans all the while giving praise to anyone no matter how bad they care for someones kids as long as it involves a check!

I think you are dreaming if you think none of those wonderful 18 years old are harming your kids just because they have some paper that says they are OK!
This is why the world it a wreck!
See any pattern here?

I trust that daycare. I wouldn't have used any other one. I keep the camera pulled up in my son's classroom so I'm not worried about my kid being harmed, plus listening to all their conversations when I'm walking through, they think just like me so it's all good. I stopped dreaming about 18 year olds about 15 years ago.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
She has loving kids to take care of her...doesn't she?

Not necessarily.

Especially if they learned that it is more important to hold down a job than take care of your own with no remuneration.
edit on 19-8-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

And I was always amazed at stay at home moms who turned their noses at moms like me who preferred to work than stay home. It goes both ways.

I personally hated being a 'stay at home mom' I need human interaction and a separate life of my own separate from my personal/family. I was a stay at home mom for 2 years before I divorced my bad decision and went back to work. I was much happier when I went back to work. I had my independence back.

I am a still single mom and I work full time, plus I have my own business on the side I work on on the weekends. I had to send my son to his dads for school this fall because I can't work from home. Do you have any clue what that does to someone? My son has been with me for 7 years and now he thinks I don't love him because I sent him away. I have had terrible depression over it. I also get very annoyed at winy moms complaining they are stuck home with their kids. I would love to be stuck home with my son but bills don't pay themselves.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: Xtrozero
She has loving kids to take care of her...doesn't she?

Not necessarily.

Especially if they learned that it is more important to hold down a job than take care of your own with no remuneration.

It is not like we live in a society that can live on one income any longer. The whole purpose seems to break a system and Families.
I keep forgetting the reasons I left here before the stupid Flu!

Many of the kids are home alone and use the microwave to feed themselves worse yet older ones have to be parents to the younger.
Leading to no one cares that Parents are sent to a home and abused in the end.

edit on 19-8-2020 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver
I personally hated being a 'stay at home mom'

I would love to be stuck home with my son....

What?
edit on 19-8-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Why if you wanted " I had my independence back." Did you have kids I have to wonder.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

What?

Guess she forgot she said

I personally hated being a 'stay at home mom' I need human interaction

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

a reply to: mblahnikluver

Why if you wanted " I had my independence back." Did you have kids I have to wonder.

I was told I could not have kids when I was 23. I had terrible endometriosis that had destroyed my Fallopian tubes but at 34 i got pregnant. It was very shocking as I had never planned on having kids since. I had a very tough and traumatic pregnancy and delivery.... MY choice to have my son is my own and I don't need to justify it.

Also being independent means not having a controlling partner. I never said my independence was hindered because I have a child. I am a VERY INDEPENDENT woman and I don't need anyone in my life to do a thing for me. Being married to a controlling possessive person makes you very much dependent and not independent. It's suffocating.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

If you choose to have kids then you choose to take responsibility for them , why should the tax payer fund that choice ?

Well . you nailed that one....

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Not necessarily.

Sucks to be her then.... I guess poor life decisions too... She also didn't pay into SS either...you just do not get it because you work...you have money come out of your pay check for it. She also doesn't have a 401k which you need to also pay into...

Also so what did she do for 25 years after her kids left the house? I'm in my 60s and still working...If she started a job at 40 she would have full SS by 60 too... I met my SS obligations back in the 90s, so I been paying 25 years more for no more return. I wish I didn't have SS and just dumped it all into a 401k.

Finally...my wife stopped working 20 years ago so she has me...our 401k, 1/2 my SS, 1/2 my military retirement if I died tomorrow. If we got a divorce she would walk away with a very good chunk of money too and still take 1/2 my military pay and she could start working again...

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Yup hated it. And?? I am allowed to. Not everyone wants to be a stay at home PTA mom. Those who do good for them, me nope I'll pass.

What?

What, What? Of course I would like to be home with him right now for school but I have to work. I have to send my son to live with his father for school because of this BS. Bills don't pay themselves!

My comment was in reference to the people complaining about being "stuck" home with their kids due to school. I am a single parent and i can't work from home so I can't be stuck home with my son. It's sarcasm using stuck because how can you be stuck with your own kid?!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join