It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stadium Rock

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 01:04 AM
link   
You say you don't like The Beatles? Too old-fashioned? Too sugary? They didn't do anything worthwhile?

Just remember that without The Fab Four, the music industry might not be what it is today (for better or for worse.)

Have a little respect at least, for the band big enough to fill the first stadium venue.

In 1965, John, Paul, George, and Ringo performed to a crowd of over 55,000 thus inventing stadium rock. The stagecraft and sound technology could hardly support the scope of the show, but the legend lives on.

edit on 19-8-2020 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 01:30 AM
link   
cool....halftime Super Bowl....Prince took over.....in the Purple rain

the fab four.....my first girlfriend and I found so much meaning in their music and I hate toe jam football song so bad....
edit on 19-8-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

You have an issue with nonsensical lyrical arrangements, do ya?

I think the most fascinating part is they went from "She loves you yeah, yeah, yeah!" to "I am the walrus goo goo gajoob!" in only a few short years.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

The energy live is magic.
Thanks for sharing this
good old stuff.
No Autotune, No Coreography,
Just live energy music.

Made my day.
S&F

Blessings to You and Yours.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

That's a blast from the past! I remember watching that on TV back when it happened. It was a real event. I was like 7 years old... huge Beatles fan, still am really. We used to buy all the 45's at the local five and dime when they came out. We had those Beatle dolls and all that crap. I remember listening to songs like Eight Days a Week and Rain as a kid and just letting my mind drift downstream...

I just got sucked in to watching the whole thing... Wow, really took me back. I got to thinking, you know, it's weird, John Lennon only lived another 15 years after this...
edit on 8/19/2020 by wtbengineer because: to add

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
What an amazing band. That was a good reminder of how good they really were, collectively they were magical.

new topics

top topics

join