It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farewell everyone.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Nothing like loss to
stop the world.

Focus on what is true power.

We are all equal in death.
That is the true law.

Hopefully, when you find what you seek.
we will still be here to listen.

Blessings to you and yours. S&F

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:20 AM
link   

You won't find a girlfriend playing in the pit around here that's for certain.

I know we don't see eye to very often and bust each other's balls, but regardless I've enjoyed reading your perspective for whatever that's worth.

Good luck out there, I hope you find what you're looking for.
edit on 19-8-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I can't help myself.

Goodbye threads are against T&C's.

Kind of like suicide being illegal, I guess.

OP: Good luck to you in your future endeavors!

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Farewell I guess, I didn’t know you spent so much time on here that you had to step away forever.

Anyways, it like when some musician says this is there last album and five years later they’re back.

You too will be back when you stop by to read something and you cannot resist posting something on it.

I don’t expect you to respond to this because your officially gone remember.

Even when we don’t hear from you we know you’re lurking.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Imo it's possible to use a website and also do other things. Being unable to do something in moderation is a personality flaw and if it isn't ATS it's whatever the next thing is...

Good luck though I guess.

edit on 19-8-2020 by hombero because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-8-2020 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I really treasured your opinions, Auto! I will miss you...

Good Luck and Godspeed!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I can't help myself.

Goodbye threads are against T&C's.

Kind of like suicide being illegal, I guess.

OP: Good luck to you in your future endeavors!

I almost said that to.

5 years ago this thread would not last five minutes.

To OP see you soon...

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Hey auto

Id suggest taking a 7-14 day complete digital detox and see how you feel from there. There are worse things than spending some free time online, though it can take over all of our time (and perception) if we let it.

It sounds like an excellent shift of priorities all the same! I made a similar choice when it became clear my father was.. not going to make it.

Sadly, the friends and family remaining to me dont like that I dont talk about the things we are "supposed" to talk about, in the ways we are "supposed" to talk about them. So, online provides a little bit of interaction.

I hear ya on meeting a good woman. Being disabled means Game Over for me though. Could be worse though, I could wake up dead tomorrow

PM sent...

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
You will lurk. You will pop in from time to time because you just gotta know...what's ATS saying about (insert whatever top story of the week). Don't get me wrong you might go several weeks or months without it ever hitting your browser. My personal record was a little over 3 years. But the curiosity eventually gets you or a certain topic will drive you back in. It's interesting to see how the site changes over time when you're not on it every day. It won't be the same and you won't even think of ATS because it just isn't the one you fell in love with. But it never fails.. you see that one headline and just gotta know what the ATS crowd knows about it. Then you'll see a topic that you might have a talent for investigating and boom...off to the races again.
It's happened to me again and again. Good luck.
edit on 8/19/2020 by LastStand because: General edit

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

but i suspect I am several decades too old

Whaaaat? You couldn't be a day over 35, at most.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Stay tough and take care of business AT1

Appreciate our interactions here and always enjoyed reading your content

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Your life is important. If ATS is sucking enjoyment out of your life then do what you must.

Take care of yourself.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   
All the best for the future!

Probably see you back soon.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I know we don’t agree on a lot, but I have much respect for you. I’m so sorry for your loss. I can’t even imagine. You need to do what you need to do. Will miss you. Best wishes to you for a good future.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I think your reasoning is sound, OP; there are much more important things to devote your time and life to. Maybe when you get old like me you’ll have more free time to waste on ATS.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Stay. No Need for bickering. We are friends here and it is a great news source. I am sorry you feel as such but in my 15 years here(I deleted my old account, this one is only 7 years old) this is a good place to get info and/or off topic news. I wish you best on your journey. I hope you wish the same for me.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Sorry for your loss bro .

I've always rather enjoyed your topics and reply's, Maybe you can figure out how to juggle normal life and have an account on ATS it's not that hard I assure you .

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I weep for your loss.

And I find Great Comfort in your eagerness to connect with your family.

Yet I ask, are We not All your family?

These strangers with whom you shared Words, were those not real connections in psyche between very real persons?

^_^

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Farewell fellow ATS er

live long and prosper

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Damn, almost brought a tear to my eyes you guys.

It's true I was spending too much of my time online. ATS was my equivalent of reading the newspaper every morning, and it was often the last thing I read before I went to sleep.

I'd go through and open every thread that caught my eye in a new page, and throughout the day I'd read a bit here and there and take notes of what to look into.

Between family matters and work matters I needed to prioritize.

I've made good progress in the two weeks I've spent away from the internet. I've got my sleep pattern corrected. I've reconnected with my family, and let them know that I want to be more involved and spend more time with them rather than the occasional message on Facebook or Instagram.

I'm spending more time with my younger cousins, so hopefully they don't grow up like I did barely knowing any of my elders.

I've gone out on a few dates, and although they were complete crap, it feels good to know that women still find interest in me.

My new professional life is going extremely well, and depending on how the rest of the year and next year go, I'm expecting to find myself meeting the goals I've set for myself.

As far as my time on ATS goes, I realized that I had deviated from what I wanted to accomplish for myself when I set out to create this account. I was doing a lot of posting, yet in my opinion not really doing a great job of contributing in a beneficial manner. I had sunk to calling people idiots and blatantly calling people out without providing supporting information.

You'll likely see me every now and then contributing, but I want my posts to have a more thought and work out into them. I'm going to do my best to refrain from posting short quippy remarks and also ignoring what I believe to be trollish behavior from members regardless of if they actually believe what they are saying or not.

Therefore, if I don't have the time to type out a good post that is contrary to the statement I'm addressing I simply won't comment at all.

I want to enjoy being here.

And for those of you who said I'd be back. Well, yeah. Y'all are right. I had some free time, curiousity got the better of me, and I wanted to see what the commentary here has been concerning some recent events. Now, I'm debating on if I really want to comment on the thread that sourred me to log back in.

The break was healthy for me though. Thanks for the kind words.

<< 1    3 >>

join