It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama defends civility in DNC speech — then attacks President Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gnawledge
a reply to: JON666

It's a sad state of affairs our country is in, for sure.

I don't want Trump or Biden. Or Kamala or, good god, Pelosi.

It's a no-win here in America. I'd leave if I could but I can't even go to Canada with Covid shutdowns.

Any time between 1988 and 2016 I would have agreed with you, but Trump has actually delivered on his promises and built the platform he touted during his campaigns. Who cares about his twitter, actions speak louder than words. For the first time since Reagan, we actually have a competent president running the country and getting things done that help us. How is Trump a losing situation for you?

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek
She ripped Donald a new one.
No profound language, no name calling, just cold hard facts.
She smacked the bunker boy who only responded with a single tweet.

What facts? Why didn't Michelle prop up any Biden policies?

All it took to respond is one tweet.

The fact that you call him "bunker boy" is proof in and of itself that you're a lost cause as of right now. Biden hasn't come out of hiding but a few times.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Maybe the most privileged woman in America should take a trip to the middle east of Africa or any other similar country so she can realize how good she has it here. Not that I believe a single word she said.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I remember Reagan. He totally f'ed farmers here in MN.

I don't care so much of Trump's Twitter..it's annoying but, who cares? He has delivered NOTHING. Nada. Hasn't changed my life one bit.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: xuenchen

She accused him of 'emboldening torch-bearing white supremacists'

He has.

Apparently you don't understand what "embolden" means. If you can find it in you to look at what's happening in Portland, OR, Chicago, IL, and other major cities then you'll see what a group of emboldened people look like. But fair warning, you'll find that Trump isn't the one emboldening here.

If you dig a little deeper, you'll find that with white supremacists were emboldened, they were supported by every democrat in America and had secretive ties with them.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I don't care so much of Trump's Twitter..it's annoying but, who cares? He has delivered NOTHING. Nada. Hasn't changed my life one bit.

Fair enough. He's helped the working class more than any president since the 80's, which includes me and my family so from what I can see with my own eyes, he's delivered on his promises and we're not in a no-win situation.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Fair enough. He's helped the working class more than any president since the 80's, which includes me and my family so from what I can see with my own eyes, he's delivered on his promises and we're not in a no-win situation.

I'm glad he works for you. Not so much here. I wish I had a choice in voting. I'll vote Biden just because I see Trump as a disaster.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I'm glad he works for you. Not so much here. I wish I had a choice in voting. I'll vote Biden just because I see Trump as a disaster.

Lol.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I understand just fine. Especially when I look on the news and see white supremacists in red maga hats walking around with Swastika armbands on.

And I wouldn't call the people protesting emboldened. They are standing up, finally, after years of abuse by the police.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Was that because of bills passed by a Democrat House of Reps ?

😆

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

😆

Bills passed and killed by a Repub Senate.

Our gov't is broken.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari
Yup, Obama built them, hell, he even used then "sometimes". What I find interesting, is that Trump, who immediately undid everything Obama did..didn't feel the need to undo that right away..hmmmm.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

😆

Our gov't is broken.

I'm talking about your Reagan comment 😎

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   

😆

Our gov't is broken.

I'm talking about your Reagan comment 😎

Yeah i know, but you said "was that passed by a Democratic house of reps?"

Either way. Reagan was the catalyst. The executive. But no need for the leader to take responsibility for anything. Just blame dems.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   

That I can understand, and even though I do not like him, I cite that as why some of you want him, to people who hate him far more than me.

So, I get the tax breaks, but it's like Nero fiddling while Rome burns, the place is burning down around you! Biden is senile, but might put out the fires..I dunno, you guys are f'd either way

I'm not an American voter, if I was, it would be 3rd party protest.
edit on 19-8-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   
The funniest part will be when Melania tries to plagiarize Michelle’s speech again.

One would hope somebody catches that beforehand, but that’s probably assuming way too much with these clowns.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 05:47 AM
link   

That’s like taking a sledgehammer to a migraine. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Have you heard about Corn Pop? He was a bad dude🤣🤣🤣🤣 he ran a bunch of bad boys🤣🤣🤣🤣
And roaches?!? And kids jumping on his lap. All in one story🤣🤣🤣🤣.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I believe Democrats/Liberals are more and more running up against an awkward situation where the redirect they cannot help them selves from using is in direct conflict with the ideals they have deluded themselves into believing they represent. It must be an uncomfortable position to personally be in and it might explain where all the unexplained anger is coming from when they are confronted with a man like Donald Trump. Trump’s actions and mannerisms not only expose the left's hypocrisy to the world but also to themselves; they probably don't like what they see in themselves are lashing out at the catalyst of their displeasure.

Just yesterday NPR had a nice uplifting story that tied well into the Democrat Conversation themes of Unity and Diversity

In this news story NPR interviewed a Nashville song writer Devon Gilfillian about a recent song he wrote which also carried the theme of unity. The song, as Gilfillian explained, was inspired by a recent conversation he had with a friend that does not share his current political beliefs relating to the president. The song and the story over the conversation where about how the two friends could still be good friends dispite their differences and that open communication is the key.

We have been reaching out to musicians in recent weeks to get their take on the COVID era. We've been asking them to write an original song based on this turbulent moment. We call it The MORNING EDITION Song Project. Today's guest - Devon Gilfillian. He's a soul singer based in Nashville.

DEVON GILFILLIAN: All the songs that I love that I have written come out of conversations that I sit down with somebody and we just talk for an hour, three hours. Our hearts are connected. Our minds are connected. And if all those things can come together, you will find an amazing song.

GREENE: Like the one he wrote for us. It is called "Cracks In The Ceiling." It came out of a difficult conversation he had with a close friend.

(SOUNDBITE OF SONG, "CRACKS IN THE CEILING")

GILFILLIAN: (Singing) I'd see the good in you, but there's things we need to do.

GREENE: What's he like?

GILFILLIAN: He's awesome. And, you know, he voted for Trump. And I don't like Donald Trump, I'll be honest. But it's OK, you know. I think it's OK to have different views as long as you can come together and talk to each other with love. And me and my friend agreed to come together and have that conversation.

GILFILLIAN: (Singing) Let's just talk it through. The world has stopped for a reason. Now it's you and me. There's nothing in between us...

It was an excellent peace showing the viewer that it is possible for two friends to help each other braked down the barriers that has polarized so many of us.

Gilfillian than goes on to explain that he would graciously be wiling to talk and console his friend in the event that Donald Trump losses in November...

GREENE: Well, what if - I mean, you're talking about the way you want the presidential election to go. Like, let's say that Donald Trump doesn't win. Your friend who you had this conversation with supports Trump. He might be frustrated, angry to see his candidate lose. Like, what would you tell him the day after the election?

GILFILLIAN: I'd say, come on over. Let's have some ramen, and tell me why you're upset, man.

But than when asked by the reporter what Gilfillian would do if Trump won in November; would he continue with the theme of unity and allow his friend to talk to him and console him about the loss?

GREENE: Would you do the same thing if Trump wins? Would you go over and have ramen with him and try to see how you can move forward as well?

GILFILLIAN: You know, that's a very good question, David. If Trump wins, I don't think I'm going to be having ramen with many - I'll probably be in the streets (laughter). But I will talk to my friend eventually.

After a wonderful interview about how unity and diversity are important it turns out that many on the left only value these things when it is their beliefs that are dominating the zeitgeist and as soon as their beliefs are displaces unity and diversity go out the window and they take to the street.

It must be a very uncomfortable position to be consistently reminded that your core beliefs are only skin deep.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

That’s like taking a sledgehammer to a migraine. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Have you heard about Corn Pop? He was a bad dude🤣🤣🤣🤣 he ran a bunch of bad boys🤣🤣🤣🤣
And roaches?!? And kids jumping on his lap. All in one story🤣🤣🤣🤣.

What?

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Gnawledge

Let me try again. You wouldn’t trust Joe to drive your car. Why would you trust him to run the country. And if your answer is because he isn’t going to be the one running it, that’s even more of a reason not to vote for him.

PS. If you can’t understand me, how the fvck can you understand Joe?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join