It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absentee Ballot Form

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Gnawledge

If you make the envelope too thick, the mail sorting machine will shred it to pieces.

You'll be waiting for a ballot in the mail that will never come.

That's my worry.
I want to do it right.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

It's from a private org based in Florida. See whois data for domains. The web site also says they are not affiliated with any government.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I followed directions. But then had to "stuff" the form. I worry because there are barcodes and they may just not bother with a stuffed envelope/folded form like that.

I've worked opening letters and if not easy to handle they are tossed aside for "later". Time is short.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: aeroscrog

It's from a private org based in Florida. See whois data for domains. The web site also says they are not affiliated with any government.

mmm? No? mnvotes.org? mail from and to a St. Paul, MN address?

Don't make me more paranoid please. I was hoping another Minnesotan could verify same type of letter.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Text below from registernyvote.org, owner of mnvotes.org. The mnvotes.org web site currently forwards to mn.sos.gov web site (likely to fool users into thinking that mnvotes.org mailings are actually a function of a govt service.

>>>Have you ever tried to submit an application to the government?

The process can seem complicated. It can involve lots of different forms, documents, steps to complete and even different ways to submit your request.

So if you’re asking yourself, “Can I get some help?” you’re not alone.

That’s where we come in.

"We are not the government
We’re an independent private company with 0 bias and 1 goal – to help you accomplish your tasks by providing you useful information.

This whole company started when one of our founders wished they had gotten some help while trying to submit an application to the government

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: aeroscrog

I appreciate that info, but it is not clear to me.

I'm sorry "I don't get it".

I got a form for a request for absentee. It is associated with mnvotes.org and the paperwork has my info already on it. Seems simple. But it didn't fit the envelope, lol.

I'm not one to dive down website origin rabbit-holes. I just want to vote.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

An organization registered deceptively similar names to govt agencies and sent out their own versions of ballot applications. Might be an honest service that directs every application to the actual state agency, or maybe they are more 'selective'. Hopefully was an honest service.

Here is a link to see if your application makes it to the proper place:

mnvotes.sos.state.mn.us...

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: aeroscrog

An organization registered deceptively similar names to govt agencies and sent out their own versions of ballot applications. Might be an honest service that directs every application to the actual state agency, or maybe they are more 'selective'. Hopefully was an honest service.

Here is a link to see if your application makes it to the proper place:

mnvotes.sos.state.mn.us...

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Sounds like some areas have some deliberate confusion injected on purpose 😎

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I will only vote in person , I do not trust the post office or absentee ballots .

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Sounds like some areas have some deliberate confusion injected on purpose 😎

It sounds like an unfortunate, simple, mistake.

I'll vote, one way or another.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw

I will only vote in person , I do not trust the post office or absentee ballots .

Either way, Your vote goes in the same box to be tabulated.

In person or mail-in, it's the same. I feel no more comfort putting my ballot in a box I have no control over than I do the post office box I have no control over.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Actually, the votes can be changed, or added to, or subtracted from, by corrupt individuals anywhere within the system before the final tabulation is registered.

There are several government agencies that are acting as watchdogs over this election. It will be the most closely monitored in US history, all the way down to the local level.

edit on 8/18/2020 by carewemust because: Google voice transcription still has a ways to go.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Actually, the votes can be changed, or added to, or subtracted from, by corrupt individuals anywhere within the system before the final tabulation is registered.

There are several government agencies that are acting as watchdogs over this election. It will be the most closely monitored in US history, all the way down to the local level.

Sure.

But there are several gov't agencies that are acting as watchdogs. Our current gov't agencies. Doesn't give me much reassurance.

At least, by your assessment, it will be fair.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   
By the way, I've been on hold for an hour and counting with Minnesota Center for Voter Info...

Not impressed.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I had better luck calling my county office directly, right after they opened in the morning. Staff there was very helpful, and already had copies of similar fakes sent in by other citizens for comparison. Hopefully most counties are as well prepared.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: aeroscrog

I'll call local tomorrow but, it does look legit. But to be sure, yeah.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   
So no one else on here in Minnesota got this?

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   

If you make the envelope too thick, the mail sorting machine will shred it to pieces.

My old job was actually RUNNING the mail sorting and cancelling machines at the Post Office, so I have hands-on experience with dealing with machines that can cancel hundreds of letters a minute. On weekends I would be the one who cancelled ALL mail from the 983 and 984 zip codes at the Terminal Annex, which is about a third of the entire state. I was responsible for the mail from the time a postal employee dropped off his stash in a canvas bag until the letters were sitting in trays ready to go through the first sort (primed.)

Indeed, a stuffed envelope can cause a break-down, but rarely are any letters shredded to the point that they cannot be delivered. The machines are designed specifically to stop if they do encounter stuffed envelopes. They have all sorts of switches and electric eyes to prevent that sort of issue. Further, ALL letters are pre-sorted to specifically remove stuffed envelopes for hand canceling, so few of them ever get to the cancelling stage where such a thing can happen.

So your criticism is invalid. You are ignorant of how the system actually works. You are making stuff up.
edit on 8/19/2020 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join