It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absentee Ballot Form

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Today I received my absentee ballot form in the mail. I filled it out immediately and went to put in provided return envelope.

This is in Minnesota, I've never voted absentee before. The letter says I can request online at mnvotes.org but I could find no link for such. Just to register, which I've already done.

Of course, I just folded the form over and rammed it in but now I worry that will void it or something stupid.

Maybe because all of this is rushed? I don't know...any similar experiences?

I'm all for mail-in voting, it just makes sense, but this was disappointing.

ETA: in case unclear, the form does not fit in the return envelope by about an inch.

edit on 8182020 by Gnawledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Gnawledge

We got Michigan ballot applications last month. One was for our son who has lived in Ohio for two years. All of them went in the trash, we're voting in person.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Ugh, Something that should be so easy...

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Two years is reasonable, not that many elections, I assume he has registered anew in his new state? But, yeah, vote in person is good if can.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I'm against mail in voting because it's to easy to lose the mail today the ballots from blue or red majority places. Just like the mysterious ballots that keep showing up late with every single ballot for the same party like in previous elections.

Plus there are plenty of places that have a higher percentage of registered voters than actual legal voters. I think San Francisco had something like 117% voters registered. Plus Dr. Fauci said there is no reason you can't vote in person. Just my opinion but it should be done in person unless you are out of state or over seas.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Themaskedbeast

Mostly agree. In-person would be best. But, in my experience most of the poll workers are elderly volunteers. They may not be comfortable.

I think mail-in is totally do-able and will get a better turn out. The fraud I don't believe will be a concern. Small potatoes? Sure, but no more than any other method.

I do worry now, that I mailed in and it will be voided and I won't be able to vote in person.

(post by solve removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gnawledge

Two years is reasonable, not that many elections, I assume he has registered anew in his new state? But, yeah, vote in person is good if can.

Yeah, he and his wife voted there in the primaries. At least he's calling me to help him research candidates and topics. I tried to drill that into the kids when they were still at home.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Piece of cake in Washington. Everything fit. They even provide free postage. Of course, we've been doing this for YEARS now with no discernible problems. You do have to RTF directions and I suppose that's beyond some people.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

? 123 ABC...and it doesn't fit in the envelope. It has barcodes on it and I had to fold it over to fit.

Not to argue, not the mudpit. Just simple? No. I have worries I voided the document to fit it in envelope.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I read. It was very easy to fill out. Just doesn't fit their provided return envelope.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gnawledge
I don't know...any similar experiences?

Nope.

There hasn't been any issue with the 42 times I've already voted in New Jersey.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I did my primary ballots in CO here in a drop box via car. easy peasy. And it's linked of course to my voter registration and real name and address so verifiable.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Cool, thanks for responses...hopefully mine is fine. Not many Minnesotans here I guess. Glad some states have it together in this regard.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I do worry now, that I mailed in and it will be voided and I won't be able to vote in person.

You should go to your county registrar's website and/or the SOS website. In Georgia you can check the status of the absentee ballot to see if it has been received and accepted, or rejected.

Pretty easy.

I printed my application off today.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

You should go to your county registrar's website and/or the SOS website. In Georgia you can check the status of the absentee ballot to see if it has been received and accepted, or rejected.

Pretty easy.

I printed my application off today.

I can check that online and will. Just mailed today though and time is getting short...thanks for reply

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Are you certain that the document you received actually came from the government?

I've received several fakes and the partial image and description sets off my spidey senses.

- No state or county letterhead
- Not sent by county
- Say's 'your county' instead of the county name
- Doesn't fit envelope

My county officials election officials are aware of the many fakes being sent out and weren't at all surprised when I sent them copies of the fakes I recently received.

I just looked into mnvotes.org, it is not a govt owned web site. It appears to be operated by registermyvote.org, which is not owned by ANY govt agency. Private whois says registrant is in Florida.
edit on 18-8-2020 by aeroscrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

If you make the envelope too thick, the mail sorting machine will shred it to pieces.

You'll be waiting for a ballot in the mail that will never come.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: aeroscrog

Are you certain that the document you received actually came from the government?

I've received several fakes and the partial image and description sets off my spidey senses.

- No state or county letterhead
- Not sent by county
- Say's 'your county' instead of the county name
- Doesn't fit envelope

My county officials election officials are aware of the many fakes being sent out and weren't at all surprised when I sent them copies of the fakes I recently received.

It's legit, it has barcodes/numbers lining application and return envelope. Also address is St. Paul Voter Information.

Hope it's legit anyway.

The not fitting envelope does frustrate though. And it does say my actual county, not "your county". Also auto-filled in most of my personal info.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Georgia automatically send every registered voter a primary ballot application, and then ballots.

Usually, the ballot first goes into a sealed white envelope before then going into the envelope addressed to the county. Because there were so many ballots, they didn't have enough of the white envelopes, so they just a included a folded white piece of paper that you tucked your ballot into.

There were privacy concerns and legal concerns because of that, but because it was such a rush they did it that way and there were few problems, to my knowledge.

Of course, I did have to request my absentee ballot TWICE before it came, and it took about a month for it arrive, and about three weeks after the request was received.

As long as you followed the directions, you should be fine.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join