It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interstellar Object Oumuamua Isn't What We Thought It Was , the Mystery Continues

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

If you believe it was an elongated tumbling cigar like object it seems unlikely it was a probe. Unless the tumbling is part of some perpetual energy power system!

As already stated there have been multiple explanations on the "outgassing" all admitting they can't really know but at least have a theory.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: FishBait

Unless the tumbling is part of some perpetual energy power system!

Not much to stop something from tumbling in space once it starts.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Traveling at a blistering speed of 196,000mph in 2017, 'Oumuamua was first classified as an asteroid, and when it later sped up, was found to have properties more akin to comets.

Once again, consumer grade science gets it wrong. It did not speed up. What it did was not slow down quite as much as it should have.

While hydrogen ice does sublimate at very low temperatures, that is not the only ice which Oumuamua may contain.

"Heat diffusion during the stellar tidal disruption process also consumes large amounts of volatiles, which not only explains 'Oumuamua's surface colors and the absence of visible coma, but also elucidates the inferred dryness of the interstellar population," Zhang said. "Nevertheless, some high-sublimation-temperature volatiles buried under the surface, like water ice, can remain in a condensed form."

arstechnica.com...
edit on 8/19/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Yeah exactly, almost real-time lol.
Would be cool nonetheless

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

If you lived in Canada, I'd invite you to my birthday party.

Just putting it out there.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Hell no. Timber wolves live there.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Unless the tumbling is part of some perpetual energy power system!

Not much to stop something from tumbling in space once it starts.

I know, I'm just having fun. People that want it to be a probe have a lot to explain so I'm helping!

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: St Udio

That doesn't account for the acceleration though , something non-gravitational caused it to speed up.

Impulse engines perhaps.

Sherlock Holmes logic would say if it has not been eliminated and there is nothing left then it must be the truth.

I don't think I recall any object accelerating without human aid or was caused by gravity. Gravity doesn't push something away IIRC. Magnetic Fields would. So maybe a magnetic field affect of some kind?

I am open to the concept of an electric universe.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
It was probably a Zentraedi scout ship. Look it up the shape and size fits.

Either way it still is a reason why we need better resources for space exploration.

I have to clean my desk now. That made me chuckle with water in my mouth.....

NO!

I need a picture or it didn't happen. And then we still might think it didn't..... sorry, just being honest.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Well about 4:50 later, and that's just by the orbit of Pluto.

How far away is Oumuamua now?

Radio signals take a while to propagate through space-time.

It would indeed be cool nonetheless, just not real-time cool.
edit on 19-8-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeh64y
I do like the giant turd theory.

Hmmmm, Might read RAMA again.

"Rendezvous with Rama"

An asteroid that was a space ship sent to the Solar system from another alien world. Perhaps a very logical way to seed the Universe.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Not once have I said that it is not an interstellar probe.

Since it long gone beyond any further observations, that possibility will remain open forever. Slight as it is.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: SeaWorthy

If Oumuamua was an Extraterrestrial object I think a probe would fit the bill , it's what we would do.

That's assuming Aliens think and act as humans do and aren't well, alien in every way.

We base everything we think about 'up' there, on how we do things 'down' here. Kind of like Independence Day style movies, the aliens always invade and steal our resources, because that's what humans would do, not necessarily what aliens would do.

If they're advanced enough for galactic travel, they might be advanced enough to ignore us as just another parasite filled mud ball they've seen a million times before.
Then again, maybe like many human nations, aliens don't care about anything outside of their own little bubbles.

Maybe we just don't have anything they need, I mean I don't stop at every gas station for snacks when I drive across the country. Maybe they just need to get where they're going and the Solar System was just in their path and they were just passing through to their real goal.

We have to think in terms of what oumuamua's mission was if it was an ET object.
It wouldn't matter how far they are advanced than us or they're on par with us.
What bothered me after seeing its path of journey in our solar system is that it moved very much like a crawler.
It's automated to travel to every star systems possible endlessly.
Still gathering of data is ongoing which means it's not an highly advanced civilization.
But I'd think if they're scanning for a planet to attack we'd be a very good target for them.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   

“Spliff shaped”

Because it does look like a space cockroach filled with ganja that we pass on the left hand side!

PS - One of the hundred trillion objects ejected into into interstellar space should like my handy work at Hand Rolled Puff-n-Stuff!

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   
My questions would be... if it come that close to earth

Where are the high definition pictures

There should be right?

I mean wouldn’t there have been super huge interest in this object from just about every big league agency throwing every instrument and experiment they could at this historic never seen before object

edit on 19-8-2020 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

if it come that close to earth

It didn't, really.
The closest it got was 15,035,983 miles but we didn't notice it until quite a while after that.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

if it come that close to earth

It didn't.

Close enough? I’m just going by that video tbh obviously it’s still super far away but I would have thought close enough to get some decent pics or footage from some of the agencies

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Way too far for any pics. It's not very big, just a speck, even in the best telescopes.

Immediately after its discovery, telescopes around the world, including ESO’s Very Large Telescope in Chile, were called into action to measure the object’s orbit, brightness and color. Urgency for viewing from ground-based telescopes was vital to get the best data.

solarsystem.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

well would you stop , if you saw how bad it is ,

sounds like aliens were doing a dave chappelle

earth has all the familiar tropes of a project hahahah

edit on 20-8-2020 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   

How do they know for certain that Oumuamua didn't come from the ort cloud?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join