It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black babies more likely to survive when cared for by black doctors

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Measure of the papers standing, politicising infants:.

"When cared for by white doctors, black babies are about three times more likely to die in the hospital than white newborns"

"black babies....white newborns" emotional v factual.

Class.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Common Core math is racist...this proves it. It is not about the answer but how you feel about it.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Black babies more likely to live if not aborted.

61,628,584 Babies Have Been Killed in Abortions Since Roe v. Wade in 1973

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

race is real in that it affects society and politics and the way our world operates because of previously held misconceptions about our biology and what makes us human but there is no biological evidence for race
you may call it semantics but its about applying the correct language to this if we ever hope to achieve unity of mind among our diverse human populations.

We have to do away with the old understanding which we held as the 5 races
and start speaking in terms of our genetic ancestry when describing our ethnic origins

Ahhh. Ok. I like the thought and intention but I dont know how I feel about that. It seems hypocritical for me to support this idea yet oppose changing the definition of “peaceful protest”and “assault rifle”

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist
this really isnt about changing the definitions
its about using facts when talking about our biology and not supporting an age old fallacy that races exist

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: JON666

Republicans should send them a fruit basket, if they all lived you wouldn't have had a President in forever.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
That last line....

Despite the stark findings, black women seeking a black doctor to minimize the risk to their babies will struggle as the medical workforce remains disproportionately white. Only 5% of doctors are black, according to the Association of American Medical Colleges.

I'm just guessing here.....but this is a statistics thing.....obviously there will be more white docs with deaths of every race if that is true....

Bet you a dollar that this has more to do with free clinics or some such thing. The babies have worse outcomes because they are getting pro bono health care which is often done by white people.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
That last line....

Despite the stark findings, black women seeking a black doctor to minimize the risk to their babies will struggle as the medical workforce remains disproportionately white. Only 5% of doctors are black, according to the Association of American Medical Colleges.

I'm just guessing here.....but this is a statistics thing.....obviously there will be more white docs with deaths of every race if that is true....

Bet you a dollar that this has more to do with free clinics or some such thing. The babies have worse outcomes because they are getting pro bono health care which is often done by white people.

That's a ridiculously high amount. That's the kind of bet that can rur'n a man.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: JON666

Republicans should send them a fruit basket, if they all lived you wouldn't have had a President in forever.

We did, all the fruit baskets went to California.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
We did, all the fruit baskets went to California.

LOL. Some went to Seattle and Portland as well.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: solarjetman

Do you support a segregated society?

Uh, no. Why do you ask?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join