It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO will Our President Pardon Tomorrow?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Deflect deflect deflect.

Its not...Is that your new word?

I asked what is your logical point again...and it is any different than the left?

What am I actually trying to deflect here? lol

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Deflect deflect deflect.

I asked what is your logical point again...and it is any different than the left?

I know.

You didn’t like my answer.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

You didn’t like my answer.

I didn't dislike or like it... Just trying to figure out why your TDS made you post to this...

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Ah yes. Let’s discuss.

Mom was 16, had to drop out of school, got married and then turned 17 before I was born. But this was before Roe v Wade.

In my lifetime, I have directly saved two people’s lives. Talked three out of suicide, put out a burning propane tank outside a hospital construction site, Watched a few people die along the way too, including a friend in my hands while performing CPR on him. Not all peaches and cream though. I’ve had my close shaves with death. Wrong place at the wrong time. Wrong end of a 38. Building erupting into a fireball minutes after I left. We won’t even look at how close I have come to getting caught up in other people’s poor driving...

Point is, I lived life because I could.

Who knows, maybe if I have to do something illegal for the greater good I may be pardoned eventually as well like Susan B. Anthony.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Feminists : "We're nasty women, hear us rooooaaarr"
Trump : "I am pardoning female suffrage leader Susan B. Anthony who was convicted of illegally voting to mark 100th anniversary of 19th amendment giving women right to vote"
Feminists " &*%$ that Bi&^%!!! Nasty Trump!"

Thank you.

Reading second hand accounts of what people say is always better than listening to the primary source. Avoids having to think and understand.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I’m not sure your point.

But, this thread is not about Roe vs Wade.

And there is no evidence of Susan B Anthony being an anti-abortionist — just because some woman usurped her name.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Deflect deflect deflect.

BTW — just to be clear. I am not particularly Left except on social issues (equal rights, pro LIVING children, woman’s right to her body, marriage equality (including polygamy), etc).

That which is not earned, has no value. “Hands up” is good, but will become “I deserve it” — if allowed.

I understand “Protect my own porch”. But, what if I said we need to implement a birth restriction like China? Yes, I know that came out if left field. Decline in birth rate hurts Capitalism. So, protect my own porch — and those who didn’t make good choices — shove them under the rug somewhere to deal with it themselves.

It’s a broader “picture”. But, I am fully aware of the direction this country is going between the Haves and Have Nots. I will choose to protect my own porch.
——————————

I am anti-Trump — not anti-conservative.

I have a brother just like him. I grew up with a self-serving narcissist. I know how they think. If my brother ran for president, I would oppose him. Because he would not give a crap about anything except his own interests.
edit on 19-8-2020 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

BTW — just to be clear. I am not particularly Left except on social issues (equal rights, pro LIVING children, woman’s right to her body, marriage equality (including polygamy), etc).

What does pro living children mean? I think EVERYONE is for equal rights under the law, wouldn't you say? Can't say that is a left social issue. As far as marriage goes we kind of screwed it up over the years mixing religion in with a formal contract and it should just be left in the religious department, whatever religion, and keep it out of the Goverment outside of officially establishing a domestic partners legal contract for those who wish it.

I understand “Protect my own porch”. But, what if I said we need to implement a birth restriction like China? Yes, I know that came out if left field. Decline in birth rate hurts Capitalism. So, protect my own porch — and those who didn’t make good choices — shove them under the rug somewhere to deal with it themselves.

First, the US birth rate has been in decline for a good while now. If it wasn't for immigration the US would have a negative population growth just like many places in the EU, Japan etc. What drives this mostly is economics in as the population reaches middle income children stop being an asset to work for the family as it is in poor cultures and start being a liability that people do not want or if they do want they only have 1 or 2, not 6 or 8 as in a place that is poor...

China has reversed it's one child rule a good while ago as they now see it was a bad decision as their population ages with no replacements of younger workers, and they have too many males as families that could only have one child would abort until they got a male to carry their name forward.

It’s a broader “picture”. But, I am fully aware of the direction this country is going between the Haves and Have Nots. I will choose to protect my own porch.

There will always be the haves and the have nots... Even in Communism it is the same. It doesn't matter what society is this will never change. A big part of the have nots is people that have a never ending string of poor life decisions. Jordan Peterson also talked about that up to 20% of society just doesn't have an IQ high enough (below 90) to be successful and society will need to support them in some way.

I am anti-Trump — not anti-conservative.

There is a big difference between anti-Trump and anti-Trump policies...

Good luck with Biden who would let China go back to the old status quo, dump 10s of Trillions without a thought, be a puppet for the radical left that seems to want to take over from the moderate left. Increase taxes by 3 trillion per year...Tax the top 1% a full 100% and that comes out to 600 billion of it, so where is the rest coming from...I guess we look in the mirror. And about 100 other really bad ideas...

You can think Trump is a horrible person, but still accept his administration policies...just saying

edit on 19-8-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

PRO LIVING CHILDREN

Children are not responsible for idiot adults.

Once they’re born — they need to be taken care of — whatever it takes.

I support going back to self-contained “Boy’s Town” type orphanages.

And 100% free birth control & abortions.

Aren’t you glad you asked?

But, this is not the topic of this thread.

It ends now. Do not further this answer to your question.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I don’t support that Trump can separate his “What’s in it for me” narcissism from policies.

As said — I’m not ignorant or blind to “Protect my own porch”.

I can jump in there with “It’s all about me” — but, a president is meant to have a wider vision of the need for all people living in his country. I don’t see that.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

PRO LIVING CHILDREN

No I really didn't know...

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I figured out why Trump likes her:

“I will cut off this right arm of mine before I will ever work or demand the ballot for the Negro and not the woman.”

"If intelligence, justice, and morality are to have precedence in the government, let the question of the woman be brought up first and that of the negro last.”

SHE'S RACIST!

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   

PRO LIVING CHILDREN

No I really didn't know...

We’re good really.

We just come from different perspectives.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: IAMTAT

I figured out why Trump likes her:

“I will cut off this right arm of mine before I will ever work or demand the ballot for the Negro and not the woman.”

"If intelligence, justice, and morality are to have precedence in the government, let the question of the woman be brought up first and that of the negro last.”

SHE'S RACIST!

Does she have any statues?

Asking for a friend with a crane.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I can jump in there with “It’s all about me” — but, a president is meant to have a wider vision of the need for all people living in his country. I don’t see that.

I personally don't see it with any president. I also don't see Trump doing anything outside of what other Presidents have done and who got a free pass on, such as this topic...As I said who cares if it is more of a political stunt than anything else...What President hasn't done the same dozen of times. Hell picking a really bad person as your VP because the person is a black woman is a hell of a big political stunt and one that will affect the country more than any political stunt Trump could dream of.

I think Trump does have a wide vision but the left and media do not care, and have worked very hard to paint your image of Trump since day one. His tweets and no filter doesn't help either, but just taking about one thing like reversing Biden horrible crime Act and working more than any other President to fix our prison system....Or do things like for every Bill he signs they must remove too others to reduce this huge costly bureaucracy we created...so on and so forth, so much is never seen in the media of the good he is doing, that no other President has touched, and it always comes down to a OMG moment such as this OP or bringing back the House to start an impeachment all over again because Trump is trying to destroy the USPS....

Its like the media and the House have turned into a personal tabloid Weekly World News, I'm waiting for Bat Boy to make an appearance soon.

Speaking of wide vision

How about tough on China for once
How is fixing our criminal justice system
How about finally uniting most of the Middle East with Israel
How about tough on illegals and cities that are failing
How about new trade deals that are better for the US than ever before

Could go on but you get my point...What did Obama do exactly in 8 years?

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

As a matter of fact, she does. Here's her telling Frederick Douglas 'all lives matter, boy':

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

As said — we come from different perspectives.

ALL “high level” politicians are corrupt (the innocent new do gooders don’t stay that way for long — because the system itself is corrupt).

IMO — Trump is like hiring a plumber to do brain surgery.

IMO — putting a non-politician in the highest political office in the country has been a complete failure.

Other than bringing forth the accidental consequence of how truly divided this country is.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: DBCowboy

As a matter of fact, she does. Here's her telling Frederick Douglas 'all lives matter, boy':

Well, he is man-spreading.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

First — I lean toward a United World. Not individual empires.

But, let’s take one: how has Trump fixed our criminal justice system? Convince me.

Perhaps that needs it’s own thread.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

IMO — putting a non-politician in the highest political office in the country has been a complete failure.

Other than bringing forth the accidental consequence of how truly divided this country is.

That division started deeply under Obama and the media has basically thrown gas on the fire since day one in office, so this all started long before Trump. Do you know our forefathers felt that the path of someone to come into politics is to be successful in the private sector then do something good for the country for a few years then go back to what they did before...kind of what Trump is doing. People like Obama, Biden, Hillary, Bill huge % of Congress that are life long politicians was not the view of what our forefathers felt politicians should be.

I'm not sure why you suggest Trump has been a complete failure other than to watch CNN MSNBC hourly it is kind of hard to suggest what Trump has done so badly compared to what he has done really well.

" complete failure" means he has done not even one thing well...Is that what you believe?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join