It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO will Our President Pardon Tomorrow?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Annee

IMO — putting a non-politician in the highest political office in the country has been a complete failure.

Other than bringing forth the accidental consequence of how truly divided this country is.

That division started deeply under Obama and the media has basically thrown gas on the fire since day one in office, so this all started long before Trump. Do you know our forefathers felt that the path of someone to come into politics is to be successful in the private sector then do something good for the country for a few years then go back to what they did before...kind of what Trump is doing. People like Obama, Biden, Hillary, Bill huge % of Congress that are life long politicians was not the view of what our forefathers felt politicians should be.

I'm not sure why you suggest Trump has been a complete failure other than to watch CNN MSNBC hourly it is kind of hard to suggest what Trump has done so badly compared to what he has done really well.

" complete failure" means he has done not even one thing well...Is that what you believe?

The division under Obama? Seriously?

Yeah, boycott the black president. Block him at every turn. And DO NOT come back at me that that’s what’s being done to Donald. It’s not the same.

White supremacy sure made itself known with Obama.

That being a specific issue — is not me defending Obama’s presidency. I think he was too young and did not have enough experience for the position.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

But, let’s take one: how has Trump fixed our criminal justice system? Convince me.

Perhaps that needs it’s own thread.

Hasn't fixed it yet, but is working on it and more importantly sees it as something that needs a big overhaul in how we do things. He did removed Biden's draconian crime Act that put a lot of minorities in prison for sentences long past what they should have gotten if any at all, He has also pardon a good number of people that should not be in prison too because of Biden's Act. These are things our last two Presidents didn't even look at. Its not like Biden cares either since he had 8 years already to care if he did.

As Trump moves forward pushing/supporting the First Step Act that will work to release 1000s of prisoners who are basically unjustly in prison.

CBS news... Reporting on criminal justice reform bill that will reform our prison/justice system...

President Trump signed the criminal justice reform bill he and son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner lobbied for, marking a significant bipartisan achievement in a time when successful bipartisan legislation on major issues is rare.

Its a good start don't you think....

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I do not watch ANY Talking Head news. I read.

I read everything — it’s the only way to form an objective opinion.

I have things in real life to do now. So, later.

edit on 19-8-2020 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

The division under Obama? Seriously?

When do you think BLM started, riots in Ferguson, 99%ers, Deny Wall Street, ANTIFA groups all formed and started violent protesting?

Yeah, boycott the black president. Block him at every turn. And DO NOT come back at me that that’s what’s being done to Donald. It’s not the same.

Obama was the darling of the media for 8 years no matter what he did. It was a love fest his first four years, no harsh words, he didn't even need to do a press conference for 200 days...lol Trump hit a media sh!t storm on day one and it has never ended.

White supremacy sure made itself known with Obama.

No clue to what you mean here, but hey what all 60 of them in the US?

That being a specific issue — is not me defending Obama’s presidency. I think he was too young and did not have enough experience for the position.

Its not just that...Obama did a lot of bad crap and was never challenged and everything that he did wrong would have Trump impeached on...

edit on 19-8-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
I’m from Los Angeles.

I was actually born in Compton.

Ever heard of Watts Riots?

Race in-equality did not start with BLM.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I’m from Los Angeles.

I was actually born in Compton.

Ever heard of Watts Riots?

Race in-equality did not start with BLM.

You are older than me, but I'm in my 60s... Race in-equality didn't start with Trump either... All that I named were not all about race, and all started under Obama...not groups that Trump created.

In the end you can't see and don't want to see anything that Trump has does well, so who am I to change that... He is a BAD MAN to you and that isn't going to change, so who are we kidding here.

In the end it comes back to back on your porch protecting that, and I agree that people are so upset with things that really do not influence their lives one bit.

I told my wife if Biden wins I'll keep doing the same thing I did under Obama..take care of my family... So Obama, Trump, Biden none of them really effect me at all and that is where people need to position themselves too.

edit on 19-8-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Roger Stone . His Appeal was Denied by a Liberal Judge .

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Everything you post comes from Breitbart or some other Far Right site.

How could you possibly have an unbiased objective opinion?

I’m 75.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I’m 75.

I have never been to breitbart and I wouldn't know a far right site even looks like.

I know your age...

I slam Trump all the time, but I give him credit when credit is due.... That is all I ask of you...

I would love to debate actual points, compare them to Obama and what Biden wants to do but the left never wants to actually do that and just scream Orange Man Bad over and over.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I’m 75.

I have never been to breitbart and I wouldn't know a far right site even looks like.

I know your age...

I slam Trump all the time, but I give him credit when credit is due.... That is all I ask of you...

I would love to debate actual points, compare them to Obama and what Biden wants to do but the left never wants to actually do that and just scream Orange Man Bad over and over.

OK. My bad. Must’ve mixed you up with someone else.

I apologize.

In the early years of my ATS (and previous MSN Groups/Communities) — I kept files. I did “point to point”. It’s just not in me now.

The presidency is not one person. I find it alarming that so many truly qualified personnel under this administration have either been removed, quit, or are afraid to speak up. (Yes, shifts happen in all administrations — but, this seems excessive).

Trump throws a lot of balls in the air. Some are going to land in the right place at the right time. Like a room of monkeys on a typewriter.

I can not support him. I can not understand supporting him.

I do look forward to the history books from this era.

Can we part as friends having a beer together?

edit on 19-8-2020 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I live in the NW and about 3500 different beers are around me, what do you think.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 02:55 AM
link   

I live in the NW and about 3500 different beers are around me, what do you think.

Can I come visit?

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
If we are lucky he will pardon Leonard Peltier

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
So, the Susan B Anthony museum rejected the pardon

Apparently, they think it’s an empty gesture and politically motivated.

And one of their suggestions was, fix the USPS mail in voting.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

So, the Susan B Anthony museum rejected the pardon

NO. EFFING. WAY.

Two days ago ↓

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
My money is on someone saying that she would have turned down the pardon.

Maybe she can get her racism pardoned, Cthulhu knows she needs it.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

He will pardon Steve Bannon.

Drain that swamp, Donald!

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I personally felt it would be rejected.

I saw it as an empty political stunt.

Not clear on racism. Normal verbiage and culture of the time may not read well today. She fought for equality in many areas.

Interestingly, the three male election inspectors who let Anthony and the other women register and vote were also fined $25 each, which they refused to pay. They were jailed but released a month later after being pardoned by President Ulysses S. Grant — for whom Anthony had voted, and to whom she had lobbied to intervene in the inspectors’ cases.

Grant didn’t also pardon Anthony, but given the fire in her soul and her belief that she had done nothing wrong, and for which she had paid no penalty, it would be surprising if she wanted one. Besides, she could have asked when she had the chance.

www.google.com...=true

edit on 20-8-2020 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I have a pet peeve of judging past society rules/behavior by today’s standards.

100 years ago was different than today.

I don’t find Anthony’s thinking racist for her time. Her main thought was Equal Rights.

Consider, this diary entry, written by Susan B. Anthony in 1866;

What arrogance…to put the question, what shall we do with a race of men and women who have fed, clothed and supported both themselves and their oppressors for centuries…the only way to solve the race question; [was] to educate blacks to be equal to their opportunities, [and for] whites to be willing to share their privileges.

susanb.org...
edit on 20-8-2020 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   
What will he do with Leonard Peltier? That's what I want to know.

This is it for Peltier, I don't even know that he will make it thru another four years if Trump weren't to let him go but the next Pres would.

But I mean, talk about the most appropriate pardon ever for a president who just saw first hand then with Kavanaugh, a US General, half his team, and many a private citizen just how true that once paranoid nutjob's claim that the government or the feds are plotting against him. We saw the obnoxiously in-your-face weaponizing of the FBI without a care in the world to keep hush hush and that it takes some pretty filthy sides for all the wrong reasons and believe me, all other government agencies are just as putrid.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Probably not Kyle from FPS Russia #sad

new topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join