It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Butt Song from Bosch's Garden of Earthly Delights

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Well, it looks like there were quite a few who copied Bosch, and the painting in the OP may just be one of those!

Here's a list of all the paintings attributed to him (although I also just found a 2017 article attributing another work to him--so this list might not be comprehensive either):

en.wikipedia.org...

nelson-atkins.org...

Wish I'd vetted the pic better

I'm learning what I can about Bosch and looks like many family members painted, but I haven't found reference to music, so I'm fairly certain the notes were transcribed by Bosch, not composed by him.

Here's a contemporary dutch song to that in the OP (stunningly beautiful, but quite different from the Butt Music)

edit on 18-8-2020 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   
While we're in the mood...

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Where did you get that pic from, the one in your op?

Ive gone through every one of those in Wikipedia and its not there.
Like you said, looks like an imitator
edit on 19/8/20 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

I had uploaded the image to ATS quite some time ago--maybe January last year?

When I do a reverse image search of that picture on Google, Bosch's name still comes up, but I think it's likely not his.

Looks like a lot of time and debate goes into the attribution of Bosch's work!
news.artnet.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Thanks so much for posting this. Such a beautiful, evocative sound.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Beautiful music thanks for posting

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
So much aural beauty in this thread!

I was ruminating on Bosch, which led to dualism, then David Bohm and Umberto Eco entered my musings, three of my fav's for big brain envy, and realized I had coalesced a Medieval dualistic worldview. Meaning my basic model has our world in the liminal ("in between" for those who don't venture from the realm that spellcheck recognizes) area between extremes, where permutations of the binary"good and bad" can combine to make iterations.

Not to say I subscribe to the Church's oft evil doctrines, or religion in general, but there seeming to be "spirits" of varying polarities, or programs, and us being suspended between them as some lab (or vacation destination) to gauge favorable mixes might actually be the case.

I just thought it was funny to have de-evolved from a proper 20th century post modernist back to a Medieval dualist! Maybe the tonsure will make a comeback just in time for late middle age hair loss (gods, I hope not).

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Liminality need not venture to extremes.
Isn't close to the door, if not in the doorway itself, a balance?

One extreme: Disconnected Individualism
Another extreme: Monism and Solipsism

Both extremes lead to lose of sympathy, empathy, and personal responsibility for others and the World at large.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join