It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

people are exposed to 10,000 more droplets from a MASKLESS person

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

In summary, our measurements provide a quick and cost-effective way to estimate the efficacy of masks for retaining droplets emitted during speech for droplet sizes larger than 0.5 μm.

That is not a large blob.

advances.sciencemag.org...

Have you lost your ability to recognize a sarcastic remark?

Do you know what I see as a large blob? Is there a scientific measurement to large blob I do not know about? If I sneeze and you feel a speck hit your face could you not feel like a large blob hit you, or do you just say, no big deal it is just a spec...lol

edit on 17-8-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Your source specifies neither aerosol size or velocity.

A cotton mask is good.
A surgical mask is better.
An N95 is best.

edit on 8/17/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Have you lost your ability to recognize a sarcastic remark?

From you, on this topic. Apparently so.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Those particles float around in the air on their own, don't they?

Isn't that the difference?

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Your source specifies neither aerosol size or velocity.

A cotton mask is good.
A surgical mask is better.
An N95 is best.

Seriously? They specifically state staphylococcus aureas....the size can be looked up. It is larger than Covid-19....

They specifically test medical masks for Staph.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   

This test works by shooting an aerosol with staphylococcus aureus bacteria at the mask at 28.3 liters per minute.

An aerosol. At 7.47 gallons per minute. Do you think they are using 7.47 gallons of pure bacillus and are firing them one by one?

They specifically test medical masks for Staph.
Yes, they use staph for testing. But that is not what you said.
edit on 8/18/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: daskakik
Still not getting it.

They travel through. They just don't fly through and continue through the air like water through a chain-link fence.

Oh....I get it....it is why I still grind any dense horn or wood with a n99 mask. If I didn't, I would be coughing up black chunks at this point.

I've recently been using a Dremel for wood carving and wearing those Sfavereak masks. They are useless against pinewood dust. It is funny that most people wear those masks for COVID. I've never once seen anyone wear a 95 or a 99 in public. Mostly homemade masks.

This whole mandatory mask thing is useless BS.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 12:01 AM
link   

We do know that Americans are one of the highest mask wearers in the world right now.

Whatever.... Don't care...Americans are wearing masks, prove me wrong...You avoid the main point that supports much of what you said of my posts and demand a "source" for one line that really wasn't my point, so suck it...

This is from Apr...a recent Forbes article list USA as one of the highest in the top 22 countries now at above 65%. But we know in dense populated areas outside of rioters that number is extremely higher.

edit on 18-8-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   

American are wearing masks, prove me wrong

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

You are confusing the stuff which you inhale with the stuff you expel when you cough, or clear your throat, or sing, or yell, or speak.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   

You do not even want to touch my main points, I said most wear a mask and is listed as one of the highest countries wearing them...

Here let me repeat it...

Now how do we compare the effectiveness to just maintaining 6 feet, being concern not to get into large groups, how much more do you touch your face with a mask...I'm constantly adjusting mine. We do not know...

Also what do you think about Biden suggesting a fed mandate of mask wearing...no concerns there? And Harris saying "this is what real leadership looks like" You ready for a fed police state...lol

More importantly do you think with the levels that people already wear that Biden's point would really save 40,000 lives in the next 3 months?

edit on 18-8-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Also what do you think about Biden suggesting a fed mandate of mask wearing.

I don't think the federal government can make such a mandate.

More importantly do you think with the levels people already wear that Biden's point would really save 40,000 lives in the next 3 months?
I think that all models concerning COVID-19 have high levels of uncertainty built into them. I think that erring on the side of caution is a good approach. It's a mask for crying out loud. A mask.

I think that it is obvious that social distancing and wearing masks will reduce the rate of spread of the disease. I also think that it is obvious that reducing the rate of spread will reduce the additional burden placed on our health care "system" by COVID-19. I also think it is obvious that reducing that burden will result in a substantial reduction in the number of deaths which would occur without such measures.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   

You are confusing the stuff which you inhale with the stuff you expel when you cough, or clear your throat, or sing, or yell, or speak.

Sure, I'm wearing the wrong mask and so is everyone else. : P

either way it's useless against aerosols.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 12:22 AM
link   

If you are only wearing a mask to protect yourself, yes.

For that you would also need a face shield, gloves, and a gown. That's what health care folks wear to protect themselves.

A positive pressure rig would be best, actually.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I don't think the federal government can make such a mandate.

You are right, it would be unconstitutional, but Biden and Harris think they can...lol That is kind of my point with that part...

I think that it is obvious that social distancing and wearing masks will reduce the rate of spread of the disease. I also think that it is obvious that reducing the rate of spread will reduce the additional burden placed on our health care "system" by COVID-19. I also think it is obvious that reducing that burden will result in a substantial reduction in the number of deaths which would occur without such measures.

But how much does mask wearing really add to all the rest if you do everything else. Also has our healthcare system been over burden, so far?

I wear a mask, but I don't think I'm being that effective as I do everything else too.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Here's a great hat/mask combo!

twitter.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 12:27 AM
link   

but Biden and Harris think they can...lol

Yeah. Trump said he has "absolute authority" to makes states open up.

He also claimed "total immunity." That didn't work out so well but it's different matter.

Politicians, they are what they are.

Also has our healthcare system been over burden, so far?
There is no "system." It's a bunch of localities looking out for themselves. And yes, they have been stressed. That's why things like this happened:

“I knew that it wasn’t going to be popular,” Abbott said Thursday evening during an interview with KTEN-TV in Sherman. “I knew that it was even counter to what even I wanted, but also I knew that it was something that had to be done. The coronavirus is spreading so rapidly across the state of Texas, the last thing that we want to do is shut Texas back down. The only way we can prevent Texas from being shut down is for everybody to adopt this practice of wearing a face mask.”

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yes I do need those things for wood carving. : )
For now it's just cheap masks and safety glasses.

edit on 18-8-2020 by CraftyArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: research100

If you don't wear a mask when you have a cold then please stop wasting our time.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 01:35 AM
link   
At this rate, it's looking like the OP is doing high pressure training for their BLM Tool initiation of something.

Just shut the hell up and leave people be. If you want people to give a #, knock off your bossy # and shut UP. This is how apathy is bred at breakneck speed, you're not helping your damn case at all by harping constantly because you're just irritating white noise now to more and more of the population each day. Know when to fold 'em and CLAM IT. You keep doing you, but get off the high god damn horse and quit dictating what everyone else does. That's bull# and wholly unAmerican as all #. Think about that while you look at your mirror reflection and wonder where you really fit in ideologically on this rock.
Hint: it's not stateside.
edit on 8/18/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/18/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join