It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iPhone Health App Now Non-Deletable

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
Been that way with Samsung Health on Samsung stock phones for at least 5 years. In vanilla or stock you can disable and remove widgets but initially you can't remove.

It's not some COVID tracking scenario but since you rolled out the failed CT snark of COVID-1984 my guess is you already have your mind made up that this is some nefarious move by the man to keep track of you.

I just uninstalled Samsung Health on my phone. I don't know how long we will be able to do that but so far we still can.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Either you arent running stock Android or vanilla Carrier or there is something else going on there.

i dont recall Samsung removing S-Health from its "no delete" list any time recently. You could always disable it and in effect hide it but previously for the last few years you couldn't actually delete it.

Will have to check .

edit on 17-8-2020 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: KKLOCO

I have heard that Facebook is also not able to be deleted.
Not sure if that’s true.

Not sure about FB, but Skype is unable to be uninstalled on my phone. I disabled that garbage.

Samsung Health cannot be uninstalled/deleted on my phone. Only disabled. I have a Samsung Galaxy A5.
edit on 8/17/2020 by Subrosabelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
if it's not blocked yet, install noroot firewall or another firewall app that has traffic logging.
All "smart" phones are like a gd blackhole of data suck.
Apple, Android, Amazon aws especially.
Watch the computers your phone hooks to to send data. It's mind boggling.
Thumbnails of every picture, contacts, txts etc...up to microphone recordings etc.
Facebook app activates your microphone.
Nothing is really secure.
Pretty sure the entire internet trunk is run through servers and saved for later spying.
It's all a big trap basically.
You can still use phone and not get sucked dry by apps with a good firewall.
Block all traffic then allow only what you use.
If you open app and it doesn't work, watch the log and enable whatever pops up in it when you try and open app ou want connecting.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Samsung has hit pretty hard with their locked bootloader and made it tough to flash a new image to it.
The play store has been dropping apps, including paid that help with privacy, or anything related to disabling spyware apks.
It's total bs.
The purpose of smartphones is obvious.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
a reply to: HalWesten

Either you arent running stock Android or vanilla Carrier or there is something else going on there.

i dont recall Samsung removing S-Health from its "no delete" list any time recently. You could always disable it and in effect hide it but previously for the last few years you couldn't actually delete it.

Will have to check .

I got this phone in November. I haven't done a thing to it except let the updates install. Today I went to Apps, Samsung Health and there was an uninstall button.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I have an Ipad. I checked all my apps, and I don’t have a health app on it. It may just be for IPhones. I did a search in the Apple App Store for health apps, and there were some, but they were optional to add. I chose not to. I have an Android phone and I don’t have any COVID apps on there either.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Do some research on how to jailbreak (for iOS) or root (for Android) your phone, which allows you much more control over your phone. I only use Android (hate Apple) and in my case once rooted I flash a custom ROM which doesn't have any Samsung apps unless I choose to install them. If all that is above your technological limits, try and find a tech savvy kid to do it for you.
edit on 17/8/20 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

I am on ATS and have never had Facebook and Twitter and I never will .

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw
a reply to: The2Billies

I am on ATS and have never had Facebook and Twitter and I never will .

I tried to sign up without facebook or twitter or any of the other choices

ATS would not allow me to do it.

You probably signed up before this was instituted.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: opethPA

It's not some COVID tracking scenario but since you rolled out the failed CT snark of COVID-1984 my guess is you already have your mind made up that this is some nefarious move by the man to keep track of you

Since it’s NOT a failed CT, I’m going with yes. Why else would this app be non-deletable? What does it have to do with the purpose of a cell phone.

So as to essentially put you and the rest with smartphones on house arrest. Roll up your sleeve or keep your cell in your pocket, the new 5G web will enable a wide scope of tracking. Some on ATS will laugh it off with snarky comebacks (oddly they frequent a conspiracy site despite what they would spew) but the fact remains, our parachute is long past the point of ever opening. Back in 1984 they used to talk about camera placement and that Big Brother would be watching. Not quite. He'll be tracking...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join