It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 80's saved me

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I'll be honest I wasn't much into U. S. politics before the Trump/Hillary dance off a couple years ago.

When you grow up with TV legends such as the A-team, Knight Rider, and basically any formula where the good guy, though outnumbered, triumphs over the bad guys after a closely contested battle only to take it in his stride and fight a new bunch of bad guys next week, your morals, attitudes and sympathies tend to lean a certain way.

My apologies for that abomination of a sentence, but here we are.

Does that character formula exist today?

Orange is the new black.

Do you remember how clumsy and one dimensional
the bad guys always were?

No one could mistake a bad guy for a good guy!

Good vs bad was a very specific formula, and it mostly followed the same obvious path.

And so decades and decades of not only Americans, but anybody with a television set was subjected to this form of storyline.

So here I am, a kid from the 80's, and everything is falling apart like the bad guys are actually winning.

I just had my own little encounter with the bad guys, when I tried to upload the shadowgate documentary onto Facebook.

Before I started to dig deeper ,I instinctively knew Donald Trump was a Good Guy.

The left went too far.

Became too crazy.

Tried to reshape society, and still do,

Why are Democrats suddenly so stupid?

It's almost like a very clumsy A. I. is being used to create a narrative.

This A. I. took a look at the Trump presidency, and its billion dollar algorithms came up with the opposition to Trump.

Imagine launching windows 10 from within windows 3.1.

Yes it's diabolical.

Supremely evil.

It is also hilariously clumsy.

And that is also very possibly, our saving grace.

President Donald Trump has been excellent at staying the course, how many other people on the planet could have done the same?

Still, the globalists could've succeeded if they were more effective at being insidious.

The fate of the Western world as we know it, couldve been much different if those dimwitted hacks had simply invested in a better pc.

So if you are ever in a moral bind, just watch reruns.

It's going to be OK. Though the media doesn't show it, there are still a lot of good guys out there.

And if you are reading this, chances are you are one too.

edit on 17-8-2020 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2020 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Best post I've read in a good while. Star and flag from another Reagan baby.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Great post and same here. What I remember most is Tipper Gore telling me Ozzy and heavy metal should be banned.

You lost me there Dems. It made me think that Democrats were my overbearing mommy. And the ensuing years have only strengthened that view.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I like the picture at the end of the post from the movie "Predator" when Major Dutch meets up with his old friend Dylan for a little friendly "test of strength" . All time favorite film for me, I even read the book!

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79
When you grow up with TV legends such as the A-team...

Legends? Legendary bad shots is more like it. I don't think they ever successfully shot a bad guy.

'Let's build a tank out of a van, it'll be much harder than hosing these guys down with automatic weapons fire.'

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

It’s almost like right wing media is being used to create a narrative. And people believe it because if the media lies to you, then the opposite of the mainstream media has to be telling you the truth.

We call that a false dichotomy around these parts. And about as far from “truth” as you can get.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

I try to encorporate double entendres whenever I can

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

It’s almost like right wing media is being used to create a narrative. And people believe it because if the media lies to you, then the opposite of the mainstream media has to be telling you the truth.

We call that a false dichotomy around these parts. And about as far from “truth” as you can get.

Yes, the media (only right wing) lies, the left wing media (all but Fox and brightbart) is a heaping portion of truth and unbiased facts. The only lies you eve see come from right wingers. It's a vast right wing conspiracy.

And you don't need to search for the actual truth by research, just take their word for it and save valuable time. There are plenty of Rick and Morty episodes to watch.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Star and Flag for reference to the original Inspector Gadget .
Go , go gadget arms...

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

When you grow up with TV legends such as the A-team...

Legends? Legendary bad shots is more like it. I don't think they ever successfully shot a bad guy.

'Let's build a tank out of a van, it'll be much harder than hosing these guys down with automatic weapons fire.'

They were never supposed to use guns...

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
They were never supposed to use guns...

How'd that work out?

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I wish you a long helicopter ride with B. A.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Ok, Morty.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   

I wish you a long helicopter ride with B. A.

I'm waiting for the updated version of the series with B. Gay Baracus.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

We know. And I don't judge you. For that.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Nah....it examples like this that make us thing lefties are soft and week.

youtu.be...

a reply to: underwerks

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The music of the 80s, ahh those were the days

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Ha yep Fox news and Trumps censored Twitter account is doing all the brainwashing lol.

How many times a day do you repeat this..

IM not the brainwashed one , Im not the brainwashed one , they are all the brainwashed ones.

Now go put on your mask and dont leave your house like a good little unbrainwashed drone.

edit on 17-8-2020 by brainwasher123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2020 by brainwasher123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The dichotomy is false... life is far more complex than binary "good" and "bad."

If Trump is the "good guy" then ask, "Has he brought us together as a country, or has he used the slight differences between us as a means to stay in power?"

What's the long term result of such politics, historically?

But with the choices we are given, Asteroid/Pandemic 2020 might be the winning ticket.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

That's where you're wrong. Trump wants the country stronger and you only get that through unification.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join