It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS vs. BTS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
There has been times when I would like to ask our board a gereral question that is not conspiracy oriented. I think it would be a good idea to have a General Chit Chat Forum on ATS. I know there is one on BTS but it doesnt get viewed as much as ATS. Often on ATS you can get immediate replys. Its just not the same on BTS. I think a lot of people forget about BTS or just have no interest in going there. Am I wrong?

What do you guys think?

Has this ever been tried? (it may get abused, yes) But as long as its in that forum it really wont matter will it?

Do mods know what the sum of views for one day is on: ATS and BTS?

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Actually BTS was once part of ATS. As ATS grew in size, people began to misue the chat board that was on ATS. So the mods came up with BTS.

Surf

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Thank you EH. BTS is just as important to this site as the main forum and Politics@. Just because it isn't conspiracy driven does take away from it's value. There's also a news forum there too.

C'mon gang, let's stop this BTS prejudice.

See what I can do about the stats.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I believe that BTS chit chat does get many views and a good number of replys.

We did used to have chitchat on ATS, but it was decided that having it in a more light hearted forum was a better idea,

[edit on 15-3-2005 by asala]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Thanks for the applause intrepid. It would be nice to have something like this.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Damn man, can't BTS get respect, even in Board Biz?

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
the same thing happens with ignorance denied it takes ages for someone to answer

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I LOVES TEH BTS!!1!11!1!!!1!!@!1!

yeah, its good stuff. sometimes life just needs a little more relaxation.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Guys and Gals: I'm new but I'm also very happy with this boards management too.
Skeptic Overlord - you've done well here in my limited opinion.

Perhaps' I am a little curious to hear from as to how you site grew so big????

Someone or Ones did a lot of things right and I'm happy to be a little part (quiet) but a little part of such a big and most importantly - to me, honest Web Site.

Thank you !

S.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
BTS was the poor cousin/underbelly of ATS until P@TS came along.

More buttons to push will need a patented ATS virtual reality/community news/game/mind controller.

*departs to visit local inventor/tinkerer*

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
As much as I'd like to be politically correct, as far as this board goes, it seems BTS and PTS seem to be places where below par ATS threads get moved to die a slow death.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
As much as I'd like to be politically correct, as far as this board goes, it seems BTS and PTS seem to be places where below par ATS threads get moved to die a slow death.

That is the perception that is keeping a lot of members from completely enjoying the complete ATS experience.

ATS= serious discussion (conspiracy related).
BTS= serious discussion and fun.
Politics@= political discussion.

Any questions?

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by junior_smith
the same thing happens with ignorance denied it takes ages for someone to answer

I actually originated from Ignorance Denied.........had a thread about neurogenesis.........haven't posted there because of the exposure issue.......

I like BTS, though. I only go there when I need to lighten up....so the response thing isn't even a concern. There is always something going and I can always count on a laugh. I personally support the division as it helps to instill a sense of context in this particular environment.

I'm going to take this oppurtunity to plug Daystar's 'Daystar's Funny Thread' in the General Chit-Chat forum. I haven't posted anything(yet) but it is a laugh riot.............

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
BTS is the SHIZZLE YO! It's awesoem visit it more. I'm constently reading both (woohoo for tabs in firefox!)

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I read and post on BTS as much as I do on ATS. I couldn't say if I liked either over the other. Really what it does is it keeps me from wanting to post on other forums. Everything is here. I can post on any subject that comes to mind

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
BTS is what keeps me sane. After about an hour, all the bickering and sarcasm and polarized opinions of grey, serious ATS gets too much so I head over to the tranquil-blue waters of BTS for a chuckle, a muse and a relaxing brain massage.

Look at all the cool stuff BTS has:

Chit-chat and Jokes/Pranks for laffs and getting to know each other.

Relationships for when your gf/bf is about to leave you because you spend too much time on ATS.

Member art (
need I say more?).

Computer help for techno-dumies like me.

Video games, movies, literature, and so on and so forth.

Don't worry Intrepid, we know the value of BTS. No prejudice here.

*Gives Intrepid a hug*

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Don't know for sure-sir but seems to little old me those that rip and romp then Stomp out the little ol' player sits not well with me..
Sorry intrepid, just trying my-ol poetry skills and thrills..

Dallas

new topics

top topics

join