It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Shutting Down a Huge Mistake

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It was an intentional stop of the economy. A multitude of motivations, but I hardly can accept our safety as the primary one.

a reply to: Blaine91555

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

New York shut down too late? I did see what happened there. It came in the forms extreme taxpayer money and medical resource waste as of dozens of unused field hospitals and a barely used hospital ship.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Uh, the ‘dumb heard’ ain’t gonna service it themselves!

Nah! Even more powerful bombs than that were needed for last time!!

The bald restored.

-End that part
edit on 17-8-2020 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Think that I did “my part”!!

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I've been in self isolation from idiots for years now so i'm OK.

I know the economy is struggling and jobs and businesses are disappearing, but what is more important-life or money?

allow me to extrapolate, look at Elon Musks autonomous car that plowed into pedestrians, so would you buy one knowing the risk? no no not me. This is not just an old folks thing the only casualty in my state was thirty.

That's right, thirty.

people need to remember that many people suffer from maladies you do not know about, i know people are going stir crazy but that's not a reason to put others lives at risk

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   
153 deaths! what is it normaly? 154?

a selective shutdown whould have been beter.
shut all sport and entertainment.
pubs clubs theaters stadiums aiports.
and schools as they are a decease hot pot.

most of the jobs should have been kept going.
and not the late panic they did.
and not taking a look later at what should be kept closed.

Goverment is a failure as all they do is fight each other!

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

I've been in self isolation from idiots for years now so i'm OK.

I know the economy is struggling and jobs and businesses are disappearing, but what is more important-life or money?

allow me to extrapolate, look at Elon Musks autonomous car that plowed into pedestrians, so would you buy one knowing the risk? no no not me. This is not just an old folks thing the only casualty in my state was thirty.

That's right, thirty.

people need to remember that many people suffer from maladies you do not know about, i know people are going stir crazy but that's not a reason to put others lives at risk

I am not actually suggesting that we should have acted as if it did not exist and is not dangerous to some of us. I'm suggesting that it would have been far better for the economy and in the end not caused more deaths, had we taken the path of protecting the vulnerable instead of closing things down.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
Blaine91555:

Was Shutting Down a Huge Mistake?

Stop looking at this through the lens of emotion and start looking at it through the lens of cool reason.

That's actually my point.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I don't know why people never bother to look at the most important number. The number that will actually determine whether the spread will slow or increase.

rt.live...
edit on 18-8-2020 by jidnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

People got locked down and avoided the virus. Others who had to work got it, are now immune, or at the very least very resistant to it and have been for months so far. But those that were in lock down are out now and are getting it. So there's still a fresh rate of new patients, although deaths have dropped significantly and those getting it are not seriously ill.
But then they see that cases aren't bottoming out so they want to extend the lock downs or roll back the restrictions back to the strictest levels. No bars, no gatherings, no partys in private homes. No church, no parks. Big box stores are fine. And always with the " wear the mask and social distance" which is proven to do next to nothing. And they look at state wide cases . Early on, western counties in my state of PA had virtually no cases and almost no deaths. They were applauded. Now they're getting it, although with a lower population and more natural isolation, its not bad outside of the major urban areas. So we get scolded for not taking it seriously and not wearing the masks and not social distancing. People ARE doing that crap, but the virus is airborne and the social distancing of 6 feet is pointless. You can't win but they still want to micro manage and keep the damn thing ongoing by not just opening up and letting it get over with.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Dutchowl

It's entirely about optics.
edit on 8/18/2020 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Well now let's see here, stay at home, dine in ban and the phase bull#, sponsored by Jay Inslee. The masks, you would think doing would have snuffed out covid and instead, it is getting worse. I had to spend
2 weeks. Trying to get into the unemployment website, before. I found another into the website.

I think everyone would have been better off going to work. Just offer employees masks. Instead, everyone is unemployed and the stock market. Although maybe it still will, and now we are going to have to worry about a possible great depression.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:00 AM
link   

They are highlighting mental health now.
That means we will see a dramatic increase in suicides.
Anything that gets highlighted into the collective conscious increases.... The MSM and its spokespeople should be wiped of the face of the earth.
The science is there but nobody is taking notice, keep swallowing the nocebo and see what happens.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I think we should have shut down HARD very early on, in terms of shutting out anyone and anything from China while we figured out what was going on. This could have just as easily have been SARS or MERS, with 10% or 30% fatality rates.

We should not have listened to China or the nWnHO (not-World not-Health Organization), who claimed there was no reason to shut down travel in from China or to wear masks.

Then, when we realized the threat was not so great, and had been contained in China (as it should have been, by them, we should have returned everything to full normalcy. Estimated Timeframe: 2-3 weeks total.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   
A lot of people saying at first it seemed sensible etc. I don't even agree with that. Plenty of places did not shut down at that time. Shut down was March. The virus had existed and been being studies since January. Then in February, with a proposed death rate of 2%, we shut down. 2%? Nope, not even that should have had a shutdown in my opinion. Sounds like a lot, and it IS a lot, or would have been a lot. But no one, not one leader considered the consequences of what we were doing. They didn't give a moment's thought to what would happen.

Sweden did, and look at them, almost at zero, no second wave, life back to normal. Yes....THAT would have been great. We'd mostly ALL be back to normal by now or in a couple of more months. Health "experts" and government leaders were not only untrained and unequipped to deal with the consequences of health measures, but never even thought about them. Now, they are mostly thinking of themselves. They hate Sweden since it highlights their failure, and they are doing all they can to make this charade look like it was necessary.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Democratic Presidential Candidate JOE BIDEN said tonight he would require universal mask wearing, and he would not hesitate to shut down the country (USA) again, if his "scientists recommended it".

Source: www.foxnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join