It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home Gun-Check Campaign Urging Residents to Turn in Firearms to Combat Gun Violence

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   
All while firearms sales are through the roof and even if you could buy a firearm now, it isn't any good without ammunition. All popular caliber handgun ammunition is sparse while Federal XM-193 rifle ammo used to be around $300 per 1000 rounds, it's $500 + tax at the local gun stores around Little Rock now, if you can even find it.
edit on 16-8-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
Idiots.

Mine got up and walked away, I have no idea where they went.

Mine sunk in a boating accident. Way out in the Gulf of Mexico.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I was walking through the desert to a gun buy back in Phoenix one time and as I was walking a yuge lake appeared in front of me so I had no choice to build a raft so I could cross it and would you believe that the damn raft capsized and the guns fell to the bottom, I tried going back to see if I can find them but no luck.

True story.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JON666

originally posted by: Lumenari

a reply to: infolurker

Their dirty little secret, they know who has guns and where you live. Since we have to fill out the form and show a current drivers license. If Biden gets in and his gun czar comes after your AR15 and other firearms they will know where you live.

Another dirty little secret...

I heard from a friend of a friend that the last dozen or so guns she purchased were from Facebook local posts and the deal was made in the parking lot of the local gas station.

Some she also purchased from neighbors, some she traded for, some she got responding to an ad in a newspaper.

If those firearms were used in a crime with ballistic evidence then your friend will be charged with those crimes. Long rifle used to shoot a deer out of season ran off and died wildlife warden finds dead deer retrieves slug. Owner of long gun is now in deep dodo. If that friend is charged with a felony they will lose all their firearms and not legally own one and will most likely do time in some federal pen.

You REALLY have no idea how Montana works, do you?

ETA because it's only going to be funny to me until I explain....

Deer here are forest roaches.

There is no "technical" season for them if you own property and are hungry.

The game warden could care less.

The only people that would ever even be looked at is out of state trophy hunters.

As far as me shooting someone off of my porch because they were trespassing and I "feared for my life"...

I call the sheriff, who calls the coroner to clean up, a deposition is taken and that is that.

Nobody looks at what I shot them with, much less attempts to go through any kind of ballistic evidence.

Some of us still live in a place where we have basic freedoms.

edit on 16-8-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
the primary or core of the second amendment is "to keep and bear arms"
The secondary issue of the second amendment is the fringe issues like, registration, licensing, magazine capacity, type of bullett, cost of bullett , tax, storage requirements , background checks and on and on ad nauseum.
the secondary issue in the second amendment is "shall not be infringed" and all these secondary issues constitute infringement

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I will have to go buy more Ammo before it goes through the roof cost wise. I can't believe the stupidity of the left.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I will have to go buy more Ammo before it goes through the roof cost wise. I can't believe the stupidity of the left.

Better get on it.

It's getting hard to find in any quantities.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
In Chicago six years ago, the city paid $100 for each weapon turned in...functioning or not.

18,000 guns were turned in, and crime actually increased.

Many guns that were hidden away suddenly surfaced, but not turned in, because the city ran out of money.

$100???? That's it? Jeez. Talk about taking a loss. I'd rather just melt my guns down and sell them for scrap.

The least expensive pistol I ever bought was like $700. The most expensive rifle I ever bought was in the thousands.

No thanks.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Good luck. Where I'm everything is at least 3x the price of what it was at the beginning of the year, and as soon as a shipment comes in it gets bought up within the hour.

I've got one guy who texts me and lets me know when he's got a shipment coming in and he does me a huge favor by only charging me a few dollars over what he paid. But even he's starting to tell me that it's getting harder for him to get new shipments. The last time he got some in was a few weeks ago.

Not even the big stores are getting any. I can't even reload because I can't find primers anywhere.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

If it doesn't work then just stop? If a murder weapon is used and sold to some joe blow its still floating out there, if its in a buy back program at least it is contained.
Either way, if it works then it works, if it doesn't then it doesn't. It doesn't have to be the only avenue of where people can go to sell their firearm either.

Youre assuming I am talking about thats the only way to dispose of your firearm?

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

You assume alot. Considering one, I didn't even vote liberal, two, I support gun ownership.

What's the differnece if you hand in your old fire arm to police to be destroyed safely or to sell to a state run program to make a profit and do the exact same thing?

It can easily involve gun shops and private dealers as well.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Home Gun-Check Campaign Urging Residents to Turn in Firearms to Combat Gun Violence

Aliens abducted mine.

I feel sorry for them getting probed right about now.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

We already have a place to sell them...in fact we have many places. Theres gun stores, pawn shops, personal sales...and if you are that adamant about it not existing you could always render it inoperable yourself. The government doesn't need to do anything at all actually...many options that make much more sense exist.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The link the OP provided does not use the word "unwanted" anywhere so I wonder why several news sources I found ARE using that word?

"Unwanted guns"

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   

You REALLY have no idea how Montana works, do you?

ETA because it's only going to be funny to me until I explain....

Deer here are forest roaches.

There is no "technical" season for them if you own property and are hungry.

The game warden could care less.

The only people that would ever even be looked at is out of state trophy hunters.

As far as me shooting someone off of my porch because they were trespassing and I "feared for my life"...

I call the sheriff, who calls the coroner to clean up, a deposition is taken and that is that.

Nobody looks at what I shot them with, much less attempts to go through any kind of ballistic evidence.

Some of us still live in a place where we have basic freedoms.

No I have no idea how your local laws work so don't get #ty with me, you did not say you were in Montana I was only going off know laws!!!
HAVE A #TY LIFE WITH THAT ATTITUDE YOU DESERVE IT!!!!
edit on 17-8-2020 by JON666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari
No I have no idea how your laws work and I don't care to learn. Do you always give #ty responses? Have a nice day sounds like you need one.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Some of you here should really look into taking some ‘Boater safety classes’. 😂🤣😂

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I'd make the argument that it's not all about the US in regards to what I said. But then I can't really, since this is about a law or proposition made within' the US. And given the gun culture there, it's understandable that a state run 'buy back' program wouldn't really gain any steam.

As for other nations tho, gun culture is much different and some people might find it more secure, or safer to hand an old, unwanted firearm to a government run agency. I can remember when my father got rid of his hunting rifle, he just literally handed it to my neighbor because he was a police officer. It just got destroyed, if there was a safe buy back option I'm sure he would have taken that route.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
Some of you here should really look into taking some ‘Boater safety classes’. 😂🤣😂

What's that?

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

I'd make the argument that it's not all about the US in regards to what I said. But then I can't really, since this is about a law or proposition made within' the US. And given the gun culture there, it's understandable that a state run 'buy back' program wouldn't really gain any steam.

As for other nations tho, gun culture is much different and some people might find it more secure, or safer to hand an old, unwanted firearm to a government run agency. I can remember when my father got rid of his hunting rifle, he just literally handed it to my neighbor because he was a police officer. It just got destroyed, if there was a safe buy back option I'm sure he would have taken that route.

Albania would like to have a word with you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join