It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home Gun-Check Campaign Urging Residents to Turn in Firearms to Combat Gun Violence

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Are Progressives really this dense? Hey, we have a great idea, we should disarm citizens so that the criminals and police (that we forbid to enforce the law) are the armed ones.

Hey, question for the Progressive members here. Would you turn in your means of self defense while chaos is ensuing and increasing throughout the cities (if you lived there that is)?

phlcouncil.com...

Amid rising gun violence in Philadelphia, City Councilmembers stood with anti-violence activists, city police officials and religious leaders today to continue a campaign to engage citizens to conduct gun checks in their homes. The purpose is to have individuals exercise personal responsibility in identifying guns in their residences — and turn them in at safe locations in Philadelphia, no questions asked.

The resumption of the “home gun check” campaign comes in response to a wave of recent incidents of gun violence in Philadelphia, particularly shootings involving children. Homicides citywide are at 260 – 30 percent higher than last year. Shootings are at 1,107 – up 33 percent. One hundred victims under age 18 have been shot this year – a 70 percent increase over last year. The city is on pace to surpass 400 homicides, a total last reached in 2007.

So, crap is getting worse, please turn in your firearms???

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Idiots.

Mine got up and walked away, I have no idea where they went.

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

In my town it is peaceful. But then again, quite a few of us are armed, so now you know why it is peaceful.

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
How about I don't do crimes and I keep my arms.... Deal?

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Here's a conspiracy for ya ATS. Covid-19 was sponsored by the NRA.

The mass shootings were a real problem for them. So? Quarantine everyone and disallow mass gatherings. But keep the fear alive! Buy a gun!

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Every since I lost all my guns in a rouge wave boating accident on Lake Michigan I've been thinking about buying some new ones. Just stocking up on ammo incase I do.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Also, if you think anyone can disarm the U.S. at this point...you are...not well in the brain.

Senseless fear.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
In Chicago six years ago, the city paid $100 for each weapon turned in...functioning or not.

18,000 guns were turned in, and crime actually increased.

Many guns that were hidden away suddenly surfaced, but not turned in, because the city ran out of money.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
A tree branch, shovel, pick axe, chainsaw, chair leg, products from Home Depot, or local pharmacy, a 2 ton Chevy blazer driving up the "sidewalk"? I'm not hearing any "suggested" concerned speach, about that.

"Violence" is a heart condition. Not an access to "tools" condition.

Guns do not kill! Anymore than any machine can kill.
When used wrong.
The fact that they're designed for that purpose? Is not relevant. I can drive a nail with any of them.

Screwdrivers aren't designed to be prybars. But they are sometimes useful as a prybar when a prybar is not at hand. ..

Hopliphobia, is a horrible disease. That needs a cure. It had been more destructive than Rona 19.

edit on 16-8-2020 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Would you turn in your means of self defense while chaos is ensuing and increasing throughout the cities (if you lived there that is)?

I just completed my voluntary “home gun check”, I am now boxing up all the unsecured guns I've found in my home. The box is empty.

I will neither confirm nor deny what is secured.

I did empty my Red Ryder, even shot the chambered BB into a suitable trap. Those can put your eye out.

I don't live in that state, but my state has laws about securing firearms away from certain people; like children, felons, crazies, and etc. A good idea law or no law.

edit on 16-8-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Hmmm...

Let me think about this for a moment...

(Ok, it was several moments...)

(still thinkin'...)

Umm... No. Not only no, but Hell No!! I am hardly likely to turn in things that I spent hard earned money on for free. Now, if'n they wanna give 5x what I paid for 'em...then we'll talk. That way I could by some really cool ones to replace 'em with...

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Their dirty little secret, they know who has guns and where you live. Since we have to fill out the form and show a current drivers license. If Biden gets in and his gun czar comes after your AR15 and other firearms they will know where you live.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

I know. It's rough out there on the Lake, isn't it?

I'll lost mine in the Tennessee river...somewhere. Or maybe it was the Gulf...?

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Democrats!

We need to release criminals from prison because of the China virus. We also need to disarm law abiding citizens because they might shoot those we are releasing to destroy America!

Stop trying to be morally superior to these Luciferians! It's time to take to the streets and go to their homes and give them a dose of the same medicine they are promoting!

Satan is the owner of the fence you are sitting on!

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
How can people peacefully protest without their firearms?

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I think a volunteer based 'buy back' program should be in place, but it should be by volunteering only, and not mandatory, or forced in anyway. Just a program that gives incentive to dispose of a firearm in a safe way while making a bit of profit for the previous owner, who will most likely buy a new firearm.
Unless there's a program like that already.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Are Progressives really this dense? Hey, we have a great idea, we should disarm citizens so that the criminals and police (that we forbid to enforce the law) are the armed ones.

Hey, question for the Progressive members here. Would you turn in your means of self defense while chaos is ensuing and increasing throughout the cities (if you lived there that is)?

phlcouncil.com...

Amid rising gun violence in Philadelphia, City Councilmembers stood with anti-violence activists, city police officials and religious leaders today to continue a campaign to engage citizens to conduct gun checks in their homes. The purpose is to have individuals exercise personal responsibility in identifying guns in their residences — and turn them in at safe locations in Philadelphia, no questions asked.

The resumption of the “home gun check” campaign comes in response to a wave of recent incidents of gun violence in Philadelphia, particularly shootings involving children. Homicides citywide are at 260 – 30 percent higher than last year. Shootings are at 1,107 – up 33 percent. One hundred victims under age 18 have been shot this year – a 70 percent increase over last year. The city is on pace to surpass 400 homicides, a total last reached in 2007.

So, crap is getting worse, please turn in your firearms???

From my cold dead hands...them 1st.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Very easily.

As past episodes of the very thing happened in Virginia not all that long ago...

I'm sure other instances of it will occur to you with a little thought.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Some of mine fell off the boat, yeah that's it. They fell off the boat. See, I was cleaning them while fishing and sort of lost track of them.

The rest are in quarantine because of that virus thing.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I suppose . . . . if they were going to. . . . . I would obey the law and turn in every registered firearm I own.

Every single registered firearm.

I would turn in.

Because it's the law.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join