It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting items back from a past life

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Ok, this is going to be out there so stay with me.

Let's say we are really reincarnated, or something similar. We have had an experience in this world before this life.
What if we acquire physical items that once belonged to us. For example, an old desk, an antique typewriter.

I've read stories where people who say they were reincarnated remember items very vividly.
How crazy would it be to buy an antique, that you once actually owned previously. Or maybe even made!

I've always been drawn to the Victorian era. It is very uncommon for a person my age to have an interest of, or like for things of that time.
I have no doubt I could live in those times. I've been called an old soul since I was about 8.
My daughter is drawn to all things 70's. Everything, from dress, to decor, to hairstyle. There is nobody in my family that likes the 1970's!

Could this be from previous experiences, genetic memory, something else?
Anyone else experience this. It seems so much more than just liking an era or having an affinity toward certain things.

edit on 16-8-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
In my past life I was a walrus I dont think I owned anything

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Interesting topic. Ancient Egypt for me.

At one point, my whole house was full of ancient Egyptian artwork and statues.

A psychic told me I was a High Priest. Who knows

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Not physical things. I have experienced it with a place, a farm I lived on in scotland as a kid. It felt like my home, not my parents but that I had used to own it in times past, even though we rented. My mother had a similar experience as a kid of going on holiday to a place she had never been and knowing exactly what was around each corner.

The only other thing I had was a dream, complete with names, having to do with being a student assistant teacher during the korean war and being uncomfortable with what my boss, a professor, was doing politically. It was realer than real not crazy nonsense like most of my dreams. Definitely not my usual subject matter and I had zero interest in teaching or history at the time. Never knew what to make of that.

I am also drawn to the victorian era. One of my favorite places is a floor in the museum in Victoria, BC. It is made to be a street scene from that era that you can walk through and look in all the stores and businesses, into peoples houses. Each is decorated authentically with antique furniture, drapery, dresses and fabric in the stores and closets, kitchens, etc. There are a train station with train sounds, a mine with mine sounds, a chemists, chinese herbalist, a movie theatre with a movie running, a ship with captains room and other stuff, a two story hotel that has rooms and smells like baking. Even as an adult I love going there, always see something I missed before. It hasn't been changed in about thirty years since I was a kid.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

Not physical things. I have experienced it with a place

One of the reincarnation stories I've read was about that.

www.ancient-origins.net...

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Isn't that how they figure out who the new Dali Lama is? They mix some of his possessions in with some other stuff and see if the candidate gravitates to them.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I often wonder if there are things occurring all around us but we can't see or feel it because it's simply beyond our spectrum, despite our perceptions within space.

In otherwords, I had this crazy idea that various intelligence levels factor into the density of such "fields". When animals die, that energy simply recycles back into the surrounding field, it's simply mechanical in nature, rinse and repeat.
When humans die, our consciousness, sub or part of, return back to this massive field, rather, Cloud and simply wisp around the planet in tandem with the earths orbit. Some mechanic involving Gravity may have an effect on this "cloud".

Perhaps heaven or hell could be the state of minds one simply culminates with the truth and realization of death and end.

Maybe by keeping your particular genetic line alive via your offspring is the true path to immortality, that every birth in this world pulls from that "cloud" of those who passed on, reintegrating those energies we don't understand and providing, in part, that spark needed for Human life, an unintended byproduct would be the remnants, whispers, of a previous life.

Maybe we live on through our childrens, children? Our genes, signpost in the dark.

Ever look at your toddler and suddenly see your spouse? I did, scared the crap out of me.

**Disclaimer: These are my personal ramblings and deep thought in the dark corners type deals, not based on facts, but my own personal views and opinions with everything seen and known, simply probing, nothing else, nothing more.

Cloud Atlas is a good Movie inregards to this subject.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Ever look at your toddler and suddenly see your spouse? I did, scared the crap out of me.

Deep post!

In my family we don't look like our parents at all, it skips a generation.

I look like my grandma, my niece looks like my mom etc.
and when I say we look alike I'm talking we could pass as twins at the same age.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   
If reincarnation exist, then mine has something to do with repeating this world over and over. The same house, same people, same items and same soul mates etc. Not sure if I like it or that I'm doing something wrong.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

If you have a routine, every now and then do something completely off the wall different.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
In Tibetan Buddhism part of the process of finding the new Dalai Lama is placing objects that the previous Dalai Lama owned or valued in front of a candidate (a young boy) mixed with other objects. If he chooses the right objects he passes the test. The new Dalai Lama is believed to be a reincarnation of his predecessor.

On a personal level I tried to learn several different musical instruments with varying degrees of success before settling for one that felt oddly familiar. Learning that instrument was a lot more intuitive than the ones I did previously. Also when I first met my wife it was like I was reconnecting with someone I already knew. It was unlike any other encounter I had with people previously in this life. Meeting her shook me to the core (in a very good way).

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   

One time,
long long ago,
so long ago
it seems like
more than a lifetime ago

I was in Wisconsin
climbing some exterior stairs
to the second floor.

I was carrying a high backed chair
with four of those horizontal pieces,
( they're like ladder steps, only I don't know the proper nomenclature for chair anatomy )

Just as I reached the top of the stairs
and hadn't even stepped onto the landing
the door opened.

The lady stepped out
holding something very carefully
in both hands.

The top of the chair
bumped into her hands.
What she was carrying came free
and smashed on the landing.

She cursed me then
with a curse so strong
a curse so lasting
that there would be no way
for it to dissipate
within a single lifetime.

So I've never gone to Wisconsin,
And if I ever see that chair
I will run screaming
and beg for someone else
to buy it
and destroy it without my knowledge.

Wait! How will I do that without my knowledge ?

When, oh when will this curse ever end ?

[ note to OP ]
Hey, that's pretty good. If it happens to fit the topic of upcoming Short Story Contest would you mind terribly much if I sort of did a copy/paste when the time comes ?

So I won't proof read. That way, I can make changes, then the proof read edit will be original.

Seems like a cool plan to me.

Then the readers over there will be like: "Holey Moley, deja vu !!!"

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I have been wondering if gravitating to previous experiences from former incarnations is a good thing or if that kind of attachment gets in the way of making new experiences or learning certain lessons. But what you describe sounds more like a groundhog day experience. Maybe you have to repeat the cycle until you figure out whatever you came here to learn.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

She cursed me then
with a curse so strong
a curse so lasting
that there would be no way
for it to dissipate
within a single lifetime.

If someone curses you, tell them you do not accept it.

If someone gives you a package and you don't accept it, who is left holding it?

Hey, that's pretty good. If it happens to fit the topic of upcoming Short Story Contest would you mind terribly much if I sort of did a copy/paste when the time comes ?

Help yourself!

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Thank you. We don't know the topic yet.

If someone curses you, tell them you do not accept it.

That guy, whoever he was, was scared speechless, I'm afraid.

But that feeling like when your stomach drops, then just keeps right on dropping until it too smashes on the top stair!
edit on 16-8-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Another very good movie is The Double Life of Veronique. It is not strictly speaking about reincarnation although it could be argued that it is a film about a soul being incarnated in two different identical looking young women at the same time in different places (Paris and Warsaw). Despite not knowing each other they share a deep bond.

It is a beautiful and thought provoking movie that is hard to do any justice with a review as it is less about the plot and more about what it makes you feel.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Living and dying seems to be as simple as changing from one meat suit into another, the body is constructed out of essential elements and is a machine for the elevation of mental effort. That's not denigrating it at all, but its the information code that constructs , it has the problem of all machinery in that it wears out and needs updating for a changing environment. The problem is if their is not the slightest attempt to find out what is actually occurring, or what it appears is occurring, then your stuck in a bleak trap of materialism where you hang on long after your use by date. If the main point of human experience , is to be called into being after a lust full exchange when they the parent exchange genetic information. Then have to suffer the unrequested pain and stress of life, to have all that effort wasted in a bodily death their would be precious little point in the exercise in the first place. All the old religions seem to hint at the truth, where they state that you live and die many times, and when you finally get it your free. The science of it was hinted at as well, but the actual truth of it is simple as the sun rising and setting. Where you die every night when you loose consciousness reactivate the body on awakening, and some times marvel at the place you have just come back from. Then one day you stay there and weigh up the options.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Your post gave me goosebumps

It is wolf hours now and i have strong coffee and darkness and native American flute music going on here.

"The Hour of the Wolf" is the hour between night and dawn. It is the hour when most people die. It is the hour when the sleepless are haunted by their deepest fear, when ghosts and demons are most powerful.

(From Ingmar Bergman's movie "Hour of the wolf" filmed in 1968)

And this is exactly the time when i read, and sometimes participate, to threads like this.

Past life regression is a method that uses hypnosis to recover what practitioners believe are memories of past lives or incarnations. The practice is widely considered discredited and unscientific by medical practitioners, and experts generally regard claims of recovered memories of past lives as fantasies or delusions or a type of confabulation.

(Wikipedia)

You said you are going to be "out there" so i will take the same liberty.

When i lived in my previous apartment, i had nothing to do and studied about Past life regression. Out of boredom and a tiny bit of curiosity, went to youtube and put a Past life regression audio playing and went to lay on my couch with an open mind. And it worked! Get that... A youtube video for past life regression worked for me. I think i wanted so much for it to work, that my mind made it happen, not the video as itself.

It looked like the prairie from an American western movie. A little tiny wooden house in the middle of nowhere. A children's swing outside. I observed from a distance. A little boy in the swing, maybe 5 years old. I approached the house and the swing, and a woman with classical beautiful facial features and long, curly, dark hair came out of the house. I estimate that she was 35-40 years old. She gave me a small kiss and went to see how the boy was doing. I went into the house. There was only the most basic stuff, a stove, a table, some chairs and a small bed for the kid and a bigger one for us adults. I went to rest on the bed. The woman came inside with a priest. The priest said to me "Rest well on your final journey, you are now dying" And then the video ended and i snapped out of it all and was like wheeeeee

And i did this sober. Coffee and tobacco is in everyday use but i don't count them here.

About the objects? Well, i don't have a specific era or period of time which i am interested in. However, i really like keys. All kinds of keys. I don't even have to know which lock the key will open, i just like them really much, and i have no idea why that is the case.

Star and flag, totally, fantastic OP!

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Thanks 38181, I might just do that. : )

originally posted by: MindBodySpiritComplex

I have been wondering if gravitating to previous experiences from former incarnations is a good thing or if that kind of attachment gets in the way of making new experiences or learning certain lessons. But what you describe sounds more like a groundhog day experience. Maybe you have to repeat the cycle until you figure out whatever you came here to learn.

Love that movie, it is based off of these type of experiences, except taken to the extreme. Maybe it's an indefinite cycle? Maybe there is nothing I can do. I don't know.

Like the movie, at times... it has made me depressed. (not suicidal though lol) There is no one in my life that I can share this with. I'm just glad you guys have experienced similar things and understand. : )

edit on 16-8-2020 by CraftyArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

I saw my first husbands smile in my children when they were very young. They weren't his kids as he had died about four years before they were born. Yes, creeped me out at first but after that it made me really happy to see.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join