It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The banks are afraid, very afraid. Why? Walmart.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Don't worry with the links of Wal-Mart and China I bet is going to be Chinese investors in to manage the Wal-Mart banking system.

Better start learning Chinese because they are going to own our country.

Hi Marg!
Don't worry it is not the Chinese that are buying America, the UK and Europeans have been doing that the last few years on scales that would make the Chinese shiver,

The question is where will all that US investment in China end up?

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Ah well, whats next, Walmart is granted a charter to administer a colony?

Hmm. Would we call them the Wal-martians?

Here are the next steps for Wally World (if I was runnin' the joint)...

1. Phone Company / Cellular Company
2. Electric Company
3. Internet Service Provider
4. Web Space Provider
5. Real Estate Company
6. Airline
7. Paramilitary Training (think Wakenhut SS)
8. Weapons Manufacturing (think Lockheed)

Now, when the Walmartians have virtual monopolies they can just raise prices as they see fit. It's brilliant. Sucker everyone in with cheap prices. Take out the competition by underselling. Get the market share and then raise the prices as much as you want.

So send your kids to Walmart school to learn how things should be.
Always a smile while buying cheap crap from sea to shining sea.
And when they graduate from Walmart College (W.C.) the future they will see.
Walmart jobs, Walmart weddings and Walmart D.M.Z.'s.

As I walk thru the isles of endless crap whistling the Waltons Theme,
I can't help but think back to simpler times when choice reigned supreme.

I'm working on the Walmart National Anthem just to be on both sides of this.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowHasNoSource

Thats funny! Will you offer a discount, you know the falling prices deal?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Originally posted by ShadowHasNoSource

Thats funny! Will you offer a discount, you know the falling prices deal?

Absolutely! Buy a National Anthem and I'll throw in three National Flag designs at no extra charge. Buy now and I'll even throw in this Patriotic Holiday package. Includes; Walmart Founders Day, First Walmart Superstore Day and The Day the Music Died.

(Note: Holidays can only be taken at one hour per day increments with no more than two holiday hours falling in the same seven day work week.)

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
great post!
I will keep a look out at our local wally-world for the new regeime changes

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Also, if Walmart is successful in the world of high finance, what would the repercussions be? Controlling the retail market and the money required to purchase goods? Could this end up controlling countries economies?

moneycentral.msn.com...

Arguably, certain conglomerates already control the retail market and the money required to purchase goods - and countries economies. Kinda like the company store, but bigger.

Walmart's the new kid on the block. They tried to get into banking and credit before, but were blocked. Looks like they're on the road well and good this time. ...Maybe we'll see some real free market competition soon. Probably not. Most likely a merger.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   
ShadowHasNoSource
Thanks for the laugh. Wanting to hear your antheim...
Glad to know I'm not the only one who hates Walmart. I also like choices...and Walmart has managed to screw that up for alot of people....just think there's alot of poople walking around with crappy cheap clothes....get what you pay for.
I find this interesting ....quote from link: Walmarts customer's average incomes are below the national average. Maybe if workers were paid better wages they would shop elsewheres and actually be getting a deal.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Marge, great connection with Stephen Friedman. And I agree with the China threat as well--how can we stop their spread when they already own so much of us.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kazi

And I agree with the China threat as well--how can we stop their spread when they already own so much of us.

Ummm. Stop selling off our countries land and resources to the highest bidder? Stop whoring ourselves as a service economy and consumer market?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I’m still trying to figure out that original article.

It claims that the banking interests are “scared” of Walmart. Then it lists the financial institutions that would be threatened:

Mortgage lenders who surprise their borrowers with last-minute junk fees.
Banks that nickel and dime their small account holders to death.
Auto lenders who add discriminatory surcharges on loans to black and Hispanic buyers.
Credit card companies that use every excuse to jack up rates.
Check cashers and payday lenders that levy usurious charges on their customers.

Let’s get real. The banking industry is highly competitive now. I seriously doubt that Walmart will be able to translate retail marketing success to banking success, they are totally different things.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Here are the next steps for Wally World (if I was runnin' the joint)...

1. Phone Company / Cellular Company

They sell phone cards

2. Electric Company

I'm sure they are planning on it

3. Internet Service Provider

My internet service provider is Wal_mart. $9.99 a month

4. Web Space Provider

It costs extra

5. Real Estate Company

They are into real estate.

6. Airline

They have an airline, but so far its just corporate.

7. Paramilitary Training (think Wakenhut SS)

Check out their loss prevention program

They don't make them but sell allot of guns

Wupy

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Ont the one hand I think its great that Walmart offers cheap products to americans, but one has to ask, what is cheap if Walmart sets example for low wages Mexican style in the u.s? Iow do you have gained spending power or lost some ? I guess this is not much of a question for people with higher positions in corporations...

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 03:25 AM
link   

They don't make them but sell allot of guns

Wupy

Damn the Walmartians! I got good ideas to take over the world too. Why does everyone beat me to it?

Guess it's back to working on my Transdimensional Atomic Remolecularizer so I can just produce cheap crap myself. The Kmartians passed the schematics on to me before they were assimilated.

[edit on 3-17-2005 by ShadowHasNoSource]

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ms_Bhavn
ShadowHasNoSource
Thanks for the laugh. Wanting to hear your antheim...

I do requests. Since I can't put up a tune on here I'll just use an anthem that a lot of people know.

Oh, say, can you see, by the fluorescent light,
what so proudly we hail'd while the masses were dreaming?
With broad isles and bright signs, and being way too polite,
Would it be the perfect mask for our NWO scheming?
With conditions unfair, and closing town square,
Gave proof we were right and our profits were there.
O say, does that yellow smiley banner yet wave?
Always Low Prices. Always. ®, and won't you have a nice day?

[edit on 3-21-2005 by ShadowHasNoSource]

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark

Let’s get real. The banking industry is highly competitive now. I seriously doubt that Walmart will be able to translate retail marketing success to banking success, they are totally different things.

Yeah, lets do get real. Is that why the big banks keep buying up the small ones. The Banking industry robs the average worker on a regular basis. Let's see every 100k you borrow they charge you about 300k by the time you pay them back. The debit card system says use it like cash, but it's not really because they have built in delays so they let you go over a dollar and a half at the gas station or grocery store & charge you 30 times the amount to cover it. So, if you set up a system that lets a million people go over by a dollar for that million dollars you just made an easy 30 million and labeled them over draft fees. Hmm how can it be an overdraft fee if it's cash - it's not cash dummy, it's a ploy to take your cash though. Yep, the con man runs the bank now and he makes so much money he pays our lawmakers to protect him. I wonder how much Bank of America makes on overdraft fees on a daily basis - I think customers would burn down their buildings if they ever found out.

Wallmart is moving into banking because the only product is money and their already setup in China if they want to borrow some of it, since they sent it all there in the first place. Walmart might make for better competition in the short run, but in the long run their the same as the cons running the banks today and they will rob you for every dollar they can.

[edit on 21-3-2005 by outsider]

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Banking laws are state by state - could take a while.

That said - if you are scared of a wally run world, buy some stock and join their club as an owner. I've personally never set foot in a WallyWorld and never hope to - the benefit of big city living....

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I also dont really like what Wal Mark has done to this country as the largest retailer. I do sometimes shop there, but the dont get alot of my cash because I still do shope and compare.
However I also feel that the money lenders in the country are the most vile bunsess people there ever was. If Wal Mart gets into the money lending bunsiss I will hope they will push the others out. Hopefull by following the old doctren of seel for less, or in this case lend for less.
Although I can see them in the banking industry, I dont really see them trying to make a big name for them selves as a money lender.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The banking industry in the US is extremely fragmented, and therefor ripe for consolidation. An outfit like Wal-Mart could gobble up lots of them and realize economies of scale. This consolidation is already happening, but slowly. Wal-Mart could speed it up, with its resources. Mind you, there is lots of risk for them as well as potential reward.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Booooo BAD Walmart!!! I have ranted about Walmart in other threads.......
I boycott the place.
I think everybody should.

.......................just sayin

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 05:35 AM
link   
It seems to ba a natural fit. I had this thought yrs. ago but kept it to myself. Walmart has invaded and runs the U.S. economny in a sense. Seeing that the move megaquanties of goods why not go directly to the source of their desires: The Greenback. I think by doing this Walmart is trying to position itself were it will be the only entity that will cater to the pouplation as far as goods and services go. By going into the banking aspect of it, they are going to try and have a damn good chance of giving the other banks and savings instutions a run for their money. I don't care for the idea, but if it makes my bank lower its rates I guess it would be a good thing. One troubling aspect is the fact that if they are succesful in this endevor, they could virtually control the economny. Controlling the lions share of goods purchased by the worlds free nations, they would benifit to all ends. I'd sure like to be their accountants.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join