It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Freedom to Disagree

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
a reply to: olaru12

Is it really necessary to buy some 9mm ammunition to live freely and peacefully in your own country?
I do not understand.

It's not necessary, but I'd rather live in a country that I have that option.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I agree with you that any man, the head of his family, needs to have a weapon for self-defense. This is in essence any man. But what if suddenly this weapon ends up in the hands of idiots, drug addicts, alcoholics and other nasty guys? The function of the state, in my opinion, is to make the family feel safe even without weapons.

edit on 16-8-2020 by RussianTroll because: correct

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

weapons are easy for peons to acquire and a pain in the ass for the law abiding citizen to get. All peoples should have the means to meet trespass and villainous people with equal ability to de escalate or neutralize. The world and people in it are a crazy bunch my friend.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Is it really necessary to buy some 9mm ammunition to live freely and peacefully in your own country?
I do not understand.

It's not necessary, but I'd rather live in a country that I have that option.

I don't know if the moderator will miss this post. But I will answer you anyway. The Russians have a proverb: "The stock doesn't # ass." I apologize again)))

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

This is the Wild West, buddy. But I like it))))

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I don't know if the moderator will miss this post. But I will answer you anyway. The Russians have a proverb: "The stock doesn't # ass." I apologize again)))

We have a proverb too,
better judged by 12 than carried by 6

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

We have a proverb too,
better judged by 12 than carried by 6

We are on the same wavelength, buddy)))

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Love all the discourse on here!!

to all!

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
When you hate everything you find yourself in a disagreement loop.

ad naseum.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

ad naseum.

And, as we are seeing now, eventually that hatred loop will encompass those that supported you in the past. Until, you are alone, and the subject of someone else's hatred.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

ad naseum.

And, as we are seeing now, eventually that hatred loop will encompass those that supported you in the past. Until, you are alone, and the subject of someone else's hatred.

Oh I never pretended to be anyone's friends, that's always been their assumptions, their love/hate is based solely on my opinion and their current affiliations.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

ad naseum.

Oh I never pretended to be anyone's friends, that's always been their assumptions, their love/hate is based solely on my opinion and their current affiliations.

The "you" in my comment was a figurative you, not a literal one. It was a description of those people that are caught in the hatred loop.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
a reply to: zosimov

a reply to: dug88

The current state of discourse is being pushed on society by media. People are being divided and painted as 2d caricatures of eachother by them.

Even though I don't really disagree with you, I see a lot of people say "them" and "the media" are to blame all over, when in reality it's us that has caused this with wanting/watching 24 hour news feeds and wanting instant access.

Bingo. It's no more the talking heads' fault someone is acting like a complete partisan tool any more than, in all honesty, Coca-Cola being blamed for you buying a two liter and guzzling the damn thing in an afternoon. Then bitching about the unhealthiness -- you wanted the unhealthy excess, you swallowed the unhealthy excess, nobody held you down & force-fed you. It's not the manufacturer's fault you have no semblance of self control.

Same thing goes for politics -- if you're constantly actively (keyword being ACTIVELY here) in the middle of something political every time you turn around, then the issue miiight be thou. We have plenty of member examples right here of exactly this, it's the strife they're addicted to and keep going after & they themselves keep peddling it further. Not the media.

The concept of taking responsibility for personal actions has gone down the toilet. If one can blame another for their actions, they do. That's...well you're just a crap person, end of story there. YOU made the choices, own it.

Also, so we're clear on it, all used of You above are in the general sense, not the person-specific you, Kurokage, sense.
edit on 8/16/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Sympathies! Everyones world got smaller after March.
Altho being a crazed optimist I'm also seeing a lot more "community" in the places that have remained open. Something that eluded many before, due to the speed of life.

Another thing I've heard popping up is how everyone is definitely not liking the "cancel culture" shenanigans. You'd be just shocked at people you'd of sworn would be happy about it since some of the statues should have been "maybe" moved to less prominent positions anyways, but they are instead APPALLED it's been achieved by the CC instead of more appropriate channels. Even the people who defended the monuments as are pissed it was done without their involvement! If nothing else this whole circus may bring people together eventually?

...annnd his is what I meant by accidental triggering conversations. One minute everyone is discussing the weather, an next people are agreeing about things you didn't want to be involved in hearing. But there you are!

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

We need to learn de-escalation sometimes.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I do not understand.

Unfortunately it is true in many major cities, especially NY, Seattle, Chicago and Portland.

In the suburbs or the countryside it is not true.

Where I live (a Republican stronghold) it is very safe, very little crime. My neighborhood is 1/3 black and about 1/8 hispanic and 1/8 asian. We all get along quite well and co-exist very peacefully. We respect our police force and I have seen them thanked by the neighbors, the policeman that lives in our neighborhood has been very supported by the entire subdivision.

But right now I would not visit any of the cities above including LA. I would highly discourage anyone from visiting those cities if they value their lives and don't want to be mugged, raped, or murdered.
I would also avoid any technology rich area which is highly populated by very liberal people, they don't support the police and are actively trying to defund police and send their money to other places. Those areas are soon to be overrun with crime just like the cities mentioned above.

We had an exchange student from Russia and I was so proud to have her here and we loved her and were proud to show her our country and what it was like to live here. However, I would not recommend that for the next few years any exchange student come to the US. Not just because of the virus, but because the nation is so destabilized with rioting/looting/protesting and the rampant calls to give the task of the police officers over to social workers, and the prosecutors who refuse to prosecute politically correct rioters and looters.

edit on 8/16/20 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: The2Billies

But unfortunately, freedom is nearly gone in the USA

Not for me, on my way to work I purchased some 9mm ammunition at a small gun repair shop, had a wonderful plate of chili con carne for breakfast at a beautiful Mexican restaurant, went to mass even though I'm not a Catholic, Checked in with my crew and now in my office with people from all walks of life, nationalities, religions, and political persuasions. All I hear is camaraderie and laughter. No political bickering or augments at all. If I feel the need for name calling and squabble, I head straight for ATS and the mud pit.

Blessed to be in a creative environment and making money in the process!! Union proud, Union Strong....

Sounds like a wonderful day, olaru. I'm glad life is still approximating "normal" for some! I have to agree that the office environment you describe is also a microcosm of the US. It's not all doom and gloom.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

I know that I could definitely use some work in this area.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

The Wren couple story did not end as planned.
thread1269555/pg2#pid25354777
You can skip it if you prefer.

But after you wrote that you had an update on the Robins, I went out on the front deck.

A wren in our close by tree spotted me and called out.
And other wrens came flying in by twos
until there were at least a dozen.

That nest was made with some of my hair and beard woven into it.

edit on 16-8-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
My father is a hard core democrat, we had a few words last night cause I took the boy camping with some of my guys from work part of that was getting him aware of outdoors skills and firearms safety as well as basic camp skills. I took some pictures for the rest of the family because I am not on FB and what I got in return was "looks like a Trump rally" "Why the # aren't you wearing masks" and a whole slew of political garbage over taking my boy camping. I was asking my self the same thing last night that you are. The best answer I have is that people can't handle wholly the internet because they happen to always go to the source of information that best suits their opinions and attitudes and media is training people to attack ideas or concepts that are not in line with their own. People are being taught to unlearn their sense of understanding and is being replaced with something else.

I would have told my father to kiss my ass if he came at me like that.

You seem like a good dad. It's great that he got to go and soend time with his father and learn some essentials.
edit on 1682020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join