It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he is considering pardon for leaker Edward Snowden

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Or is it only Americans who deserve leniency?

Not at all. They both deserve the gallows along with "Chelsea" Manning. Saying these guys are "heroes" is like saying "war is peace and freedom is slavery." They are traitors.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Not at all. They both deserve the gallows along with "Chelsea" Manning. Saying these guys are "heroes" is like saying "war is peace and freedom is slavery." They are traitors.

How is Snowden a traitor? He exposed the NSA illegal practices. Was Deep Throat a traitor? Or Woodward and Burstine for leaking the Pentagon papers?
edit on 16-8-2020 by JON666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Must be election time = Broken 'Promises'

Last election he 'promised' a new investigation into 9/11,
he also called Assange a nice guy that should be given a pardon.
(All ignored after he was elected)
Desperate swindlers will do anything, including bold faced lies.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: JON666

How is Snowden a traitor? He exposed the NSA illegal practices. Was Deep Throat a traitor? Or Woodward and Burstine for leaking the Pentagon papers?

Wasn't Snowden also a part of creating SecureDrop? I believe that ended up being a honey pot used to catch whistleblowers?

Look into SecureDrop, SIGNAL and Freedom of the Press Foundation.

from the WaPo in 2017 - www.washingtonpost.com...

"By targeting devices, the CIA reportedly gains access to even well-encrypted communications, on such popular apps as Signal and WhatsApp, without having to crack the encryption itself. The WikiLeaks reports acknowledged that difference by saying the CIA had found ways to “bypass,” as opposed to defeat, encryption technologies."

edit on 17-8-2020 by BrennanHuff22 because:

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Change of heart for Trump?

Change of heart for you?

What the hell is going on here.
Everything's reversing again!
Pole shift incoming!

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Um no.

Traitors are the ppl that break laws and wipe their rear with the Constitution while using their power to cover up and hide these treasonous acts.

To violate my rights without Congressional knowledge of even a % of what's going on?

They have no authority or legitimacy and are a SHADOW GOVT OF TYRANTS.

Anyone willing to sacrifice their life to fight for MY FREEDOM is a hero!

Secrecy is only for the wicked and evil. The criminals.

Openness and Truth is for civilized good ppl.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Your logic doesn't make sense.

Can you please explain how exposing traitorous activities against the american people is being a traitor?

I'm genuinely curious to hear your perspective on it.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Bingo Mr. President

Do this and release the UFO classified files and you'll sail through election day

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Do this and release the UFO classified files

Jesus if he does this I'm doing a full 180.

The Pentagon did admit to the existence of UFOs earlier this year though didn't they?

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Telling the truth can be a revolutionary act. Most don't want to know. Some are terrified.
With Snowden, he already did his damage, it certainly hasn't hurt his chances of growing old.
Problem is that he hasn't even released the juiciest portions yet. If people knew the real truth...
Invest in torches and pitchforks, all in. Spiking oil to the floor doesn't seem like the greatest strategy anymore.
Hubris, or maybe 'I should've quit when I was ahead' comes into play now. Dude can't even be martyred anymore.
Its coming down to... Pick a side

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Even with a pardon. Do you really believe snowden will come back here knowing that the deep state still wants revenge? I'd probably stay in Russia if I were him. Assange is still not free is he? just something to think about.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Of course he would pardon him but not for the reasons his followers think.
When Putin says jump Trump asks how high.
Imagine the humiliation of Trump having to pardon Snowden whom he called traitor and disgrace?

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SoulSurfer

Even with a pardon. Do you really believe snowden will come back here knowing that the deep state still wants revenge? I'd probably stay in Russia if I were him. Assange is still not free is he? just something to think about.

So Trump was deepstate back then when he called Snowden a traitor and a disgrace?

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 04:41 AM
link   
No, no they did not. If you’re referring to the NYT article that some guy says he doesn’t know how to make something? Yeah, not a great standard for proof lol.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek
Of course he would pardon him but not for the reasons his followers think.
When Putin says jump Trump asks how high.
Imagine the humiliation of Trump having to pardon Snowden whom he called traitor and disgrace?

Why don’t you use your old screen name anymore?

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Yep, they need his knowledge on the inner workings of the Russian and Chinese Syndicates online abilities.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek

Obviously that was before the same tools of foreign intelligence was turned against a US Presidential campaign based on political documents by a corrupt campaign itself under federal investigation for proven but not prosecuted crimes

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Well, looks like it was all BS.

Barr says he's "vehemently opposed" to pardoning Edward Snowden

And no word from Trump at all since this comment. He just throws things around doesn't he?

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

He said he'd look into it not that he would.

It is disappointing but not surprising that Bill Barr would be against this. The President can still make this call. He doesn't need Barr's approval. Regardless, no decision has yet been taken on pardoning Edward Snowden as far as I have heard.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

He said he'd look into it not that he would.

It is disappointing but not surprising that Bill Barr would be against this. The President can still make this call. He doesn't need Barr's approval. Regardless, no decision has yet been taken on pardoning Edward Snowden as far as I have heard.

You're right to a degree but when he makes a comment like that, days go by, then one of his seniors comes out and completely contradicts him, still not a good look. I really get the feeling this will fade, Trump won't follow up on this. He jumps from one thing to another. This would get him praise, but unfortunately he just doesn't seem to stick to the things he says, or at least follows up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join