It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NPC's around me

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharGreen
If you're on this forum, you may have realized what I have come to realize. That many of the humanoids around us are in fact NPC's. The term NPC, Non-Player Character, originated in video games. This is of course an AI controlled character.

If you are reading this and are not an NPC, for reasons I don't yet understand, we very likely will be unable to communicate.

Why do you think we won't be able to communicate?

We're communicating now, aren't we?

Can you explain further? I'd like to understand. This certainly seems real to you, and I am very curious why you feel this way.

PM me anytime if that's easier for you.

Stay strong.

edit on 8/15/2020 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Op misses the point.
NPC is a derogatory term for morons that repeat msm, or any source really that tells them what to think.
They don't investigate stuff.
They usually can't converse past talking points without getting emotional.
Emotion-based decision makers acting off the medias lead.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharGreen
If you're on this forum, you may have realized what I have come to realize. That many of the humanoids around us are in fact NPC's. The term NPC, Non-Player Character, originated in video games. This is of course an AI controlled character.

If you are reading this and are not an NPC, for reasons I don't yet understand, we very likely will be unable to communicate.

That's a rather creepy way to look at it considering NPCs are fodder in games and can be killed or tortured for fun and laughs.

I hope you don't look at the random people in public who are mostly even lower on the thinking totem pole in the same way Mr. High and Mighty.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Npcs are probably one of the biggest threats to freedom we have.
Hence the intentional dumbing down of society.
Easily manipulated into agreeing to bad terms that benefit the few.
It's very tactical in nature.
Scary stuff.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: Riffrafter

Op misses the point.
NPC is a derogatory term for morons that repeat msm, or any source really that tells them what to think.
They don't investigate stuff.
They usually can't converse past talking points without getting emotional.
Emotion-based decision makers acting off the medias lead.

Active members of Mud-pit? You're either for something or against something.

Right wing reads right wing websites and vice versa. Spoon fed what tastes good based on their palette, then regurgitated onto the board for stars and agreed replies.

Make no mistake though, there's no real debating going on. What is debate? How is the winner determined? Popular vote from a group who's already pro one side and against the other to the max? Impartial judges that have score cards for politics? Lol, all is a waste of time and yet it's enjoyed because the people who are in the majority get good feels from the stars and replies. They said something really good apparently, it boosts their ego, makes their brain release some chemicals. They ride on it like the drug that it is, making their day or night better.

No one is ever switching sides or seeing something valid that the opposition said. Readers are never going to switch sides because one was more convincing than the other. In what fairy tale world are there undecided readers picking a side?

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 01:29 AM
link   
they are not NPC's. They may act like it. They are just less conscious than some people. I've noticed the more i meditate the more aware i become of basically everything.
These people have no interest in developing their consciousness and hence act like NPC's to someone who is more conscious.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

People are real, not NPC's and life is not an RPG (role playing GAME to those that think I am talking about a weapon there).

Prove it.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: CharGreen

I give you a tip of my hat and a wink. Fare well friend.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
a reply to: LABTECH767

People are real, not NPC's and life is not an RPG (role playing GAME to those that think I am talking about a weapon there).

Prove it.

Are you trying to say "Pics or it didn't happen?"

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
they are not NPC's. They may act like it. They are just less conscious than some people. I've noticed the more i meditate the more aware i become of basically everything.
These people have no interest in developing their consciousness and hence act like NPC's to someone who is more conscious.

^^^^ This.

It's very tempting to dehumanize others based on a number of factors, but as LABTECH noted immediately following the OP, that is a very dangerous path to walk down. Sounds like the hallmarks of anti-social behavior at the very minimum, if not some form of deeper psychological issue. Characterizing people around you as more or less expendable, non-sentient stage props, sounds like a remark that a serial killer or school shooter might make.

Also, OP should rein in his/her ego a bit. What makes him/her feel that they are so special, that their perspective is the main plot line, and those people surrounding him/her are merely background scenery? IMO if the deepest metaphor for life one reaches for is f'n video game, maybe dig a bit deeper.

Look around the game; if you can't spot the NPCs, you're it.

P.S., LOL, the term NPC did NOT originate in video games, as LABTECH also correctly pegged right out of the gate. It began as a term to describe personalities in old, table top playing games, that were controlled by the GM/DM. This was a thing years and years before wide adoption of computer video games ever occurred.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Its an interesting concept that an NPC such as yourself does not consider yourself a NPC in my game called life. I do wonder if the great game creator out in oblivion designed you to interact with me in order to force my cognitive processes to develop and therefore think that I am not alone, when in reality, you are just a dissonance in my game, in order to bring about a new level in my life. I have to give credit to the game designer. You very much seem real.

Camain

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha

When I was younger, I used to entertain the idea of NPC's more seriously. Years later, I realized I just couldn't see as clearly(back then).

More gnostic thoughts tend to differentiate individuals by their interest in spirituality. Numerology tends to suggest we are fated to focusing on lessons in a variety of spheres.

Those who I thought may have been NPC's, just focus their energies in other areas. They're still connected to the source, it just can appear more subtle.
edit on 16-8-2020 by dffrntkndfnml because: grammarx2/added contextx2

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Plot twist. You are an NPC....

I mean an NPC surely wouldn't realise they're an NPC yeah?

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Not NPC but not all humans areb the same.
you understand IQ.
some humans are like neanderthals. stupid.
sports, slow, violent, sheep/ people who follow.
all thing thet help make them what they are.

it is so easy to join a pack. a simple happy life!
even so you can make your self more intelligent or less.
chose one!

edit on 16-8-2020 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: buddha

I think some people come off as NPC's because humans tend to copy what other humans are doing for the sake of fitting in. They are taught to learn a routine, and it becomes habit. Habits tend to be like following a script, do the same things over and over. Habits also tend to be hard for most to break.

It's like most religious people I know, or even people who follow a football team. Is your faith in a God and its teachings from within, or do you follow it because your parents raised you too, were you born to follow sports, or were you raised to follow sports?

Same for politics and virtually everything. I mean you often see people who openly state they follow a particular 'way of life' because their Daddy did. You see people enlist in the military, become cops or pick a trade because 'it's a family tradition' and no other reason.
Lot to be said for nature versus nurture.

I can understand how for some folks, especially those who don't do 'normal' it can appear that some, if not most, people come off as being programmed, following their code instead of having freewill. Especially when like an NPC following a script, you can exploit their routines for your own benefit.

I've long felt the same way when it comes to people in the past, but I think that's because I'm considered 'neuro-diverse' by the medical types (aka extremely high functioning autism), and lack the filters I think most people are born with that allow them to 'dumb down' so they can cope and function with the true nature of existence. Universe is a big scary place after all, and I don't think many folks could get through life if they couldn't live inside a bubble and see things the way they want them to be. I think that's what a nervous break down or existential crisis is for 'neuro-typicals', their filters break and they lose their minds as a result because they cannot process it.

I'm kind of jealous of such folks in a way. Thankfully despite reality coming in dialled up to 12 and unfiltered I have a brain that can at least cope with it, but do admit it would be nice to occasionally be an "NPC" and have a 'team' that can tell me what to do, say and think and just cruise on auto-pilot for a bit. But alas that's not how I am, or a minority of humans are wired.

Plenty of proof of this on ATS, I came to the site drawn by those who can look outside the box, who can think for themselves, but the reality is there are a few here like that these days, just like IRL, there are more folks here that are stuck in their 'NPC' ways, hence why so much of ATS is now "Red vs Blue" politics, and why most who subscribe to it are unable to change their viewpoints on anything, and just post the same crap and viewpoints day in day out.

You can throw all the common sense and logic at them all day long, but they just cannot break their 'programming'. Something, something, cannot teach old dogs new tricks.... so like them and their opinions, you just end up preaching to your own choir.

Alas it's everywhere and you cannot escape it. Best you can do is learn how to navigate it and not let it stress you.

End of the day we're all organic robots, following our own routines. Some can upgrade, but some will always be stuck with their original OS and have "Windows Updates" disabled. lol

I mean honestly, end of the day, none of us know the truth of reality. We're all taking stabs in the dark, even the worlds smartest apes are guessing at the end of the day.

tl;dr most people come off as NPC's because it's easier for them to get through life being that way.
edit on 17-8-2020 by AtomicKangaroo because: typos as usual, no doubt more in there.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: camain

Its an interesting concept that an NPC such as yourself does not consider yourself a NPC in my game called life. I do wonder if the great game creator out in oblivion designed you to interact with me in order to force my cognitive processes to develop and therefore think that I am not alone, when in reality, you are just a dissonance in my game, in order to bring about a new level in my life. I have to give credit to the game designer. You very much seem real.

Camain

This is one of the reasons you do not have a partner...

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

"Cocaine Is A Hell Of A Drug"

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I'm not sure how to post images here. I found this one, they have a meme about this subject:

pasteboard.co...

posted on Sep, 8 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I wouldn't call them "NPCs." They're more like hypothetical people presented in the media as statistics. I feel no particular human connection with the people who are counted among the dead in the case of Covid or a hurricane or a tsunami. I know they're real people with real lives and families and stuff, but I have no directly connection with them, so they might as well be NPCs.

And if you say I'm a cold-hearted bastard because you care deeply about every human being on the planet you're a just a liar. You can't seriously mourn the 40k-50K people who died today around the world. You can feel sorry about it, and decry the sad state of humanity, but seriously, deeply mourn every one of those people? No way. You don't have the time or emotional energy to do that. That would be crazy in itself.

I think this has to do with humanity evolving in small tribes of hunter gatherers who all knew each other and stuck with each other often from birth to death. That would be a community of perhaps at most 200 or so people. I tend to think that's about the maximum number of people you can actually care about personally. Beyond that, people are just faces you pass on the street, not that much different than a video game character on a practical level.
edit on 8-9-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This one is interesting.

pasteboard.co...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join