It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why politics is on ATS. IMHO

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened
I don't understand how anybody with one shred of objectivity and impartiality could look at the situation from 2016 and NOT see that some nefarious creatures from "The Swamp" were trying to ooze out of the slime pool and drag Trump under the slimy waves.

Likewise, the Other Side is not sure how anyone with a shred of objectivity and impartiality could look at Trump's installation of unqualified but wealthy businessmen with vested interests in key positions over departments that they felt was hurting their business and NOT see nefarious dealings by Trump in action.

Of course, ALL those taking office end up inserting their loyal followers and political allies in cabinet and high level government positions. BOTH D and R do this. I'm not sure who exactly you allude to (Pompeo? Davos?), so specificity would be welcome. I don't approve of Trump's administration and the people in it, I respect his challenge to China trade practices, trying to reduce massive illegal immigration, exiting bad foreign defense arrangements and protecting law and order in our cities. These are all good initiatives, whether or not I like or admire Trump the man (I don't)

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Byrd

LOL, I wasn't specific enough, so whatever I say holds no merit. Kewl. I can't spell, so that also negates anything I write.

You must have aced debate class.

Trump's a cry baby and the IC never lied. I know, you haven't a clue who the "IC" is. Plus, I likely spelled it wrong.
Have a super day.

True. I have no idea who IC is in this context. Are you interested in a discussion or simply indulging in a rant. Either's fine...

much like if you were to ask me to discuss sting theory, I would be woefully under prepared for such a talk. I'd have to have the terminology explained and I'd have no background in the source material. It appears you have no idea about current events or what's going on with the US Justice Department, so I would have to spell out everything long before we could ever have a discussion. If you choose to do a little research into this, I'm sure you can pick up on the terminology and source material faster than I could learn advanced Physics. But that is all up to you.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: VeeTNA
a reply to: network dude

I feel certain that a better understanding of this will be had, depending on the election outcome.

Can you elaborate on the understanding to be gained in either case?

Sure. There are currently three investigations into then entirety of this. They take time, then when they are finished, if justice plays any part in it, there would be indictments, then court. But if Trump doesn't win, I cannot imagine the new administration would be interested in digging for reasons why Trump was mistreated during his presidency. So it's entirely possible that Barr would be fired, Durham would be fired or removed from his post, and whatever the senate is looking into would be brushed aside. So everyone would be just as confused as some in this very thread after all the knowledge was gained.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

That sounds really awful!

What is your suggestion to fix it?

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: VeeTNA

We as a nation need to be better informed, and practice some common sense thinking. being told what to think seems to just be the wrong way to approach things......

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
a reply to: KansasGirl

I am a member....quit looking at the mod title.
I am a member just like you, quit busting my balls.

I am sitting here eating Jalepeno and Chedder popcorn while you sit there being a jerk.

Wow- you’re a cranky sensitive little tike, aren’t you?

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

We as a nation need to be better informed, and practice some common sense thinking. being told what to think seems to just be the wrong way to approach things......

Precisely my point! Yes!! It's all about education and critical thinking. School is to teach you how to learn -- and how to think critically about it.

Education!!

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join