It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

airship PENROC3 is DOWN!! drone crash with video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

I'm surprised that a DJI let you even enable to motors - it's the reason I said no to them and their geofencing and went with open source controllers.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Remember that really annoying Hall Monitor kid in elementary school? You know, the one nobody could stand. If you’ve ever wondered what happened to him when he grew up I think we now know.

(post by menneni removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   

That was a cool video. It is remarkable that so few people were out in that part of the city.

It didn't look very windy, but control was lost quickly, too bad.

I watched a young man crash the hell out of a beautiful remote control helicopter, it was sad to watch, but he was having fun flying it on a windy day, but when he tried to land he screwed up.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
MOD NOTE:

KNOCK OFF THE BICKERING!

Do not reply to this post

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Ha damn. Anyone who has flown drones long enough has done something dumb like that at some point or another.

I lost a Mavic in a park one time while practice what I call dive bomb shots. I had it in sport mode and performed a dive, a 180, followed by rising in reverse. Got knocked off balance by a tree limb and stuck upside down in a tree about a 30 feet up.

I had to keep walking back and forth to see my self in the video, and point around until I was pointing at it. Took me two hours to find it visually. I couldn't get it. Eventually it stormed, and I'm assuming it came down and someone got a free drone. I had to buy a new one.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Any word on the replacement from DJI? I give China a hard time but one thing I'll say is that they make a heck of a good drone line

I've never found one that comes close to DJI, from the flight time to the radios in the controllers giving 5+ miles with a spotter

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: billxam

I don't like geofenicng either, but you can override most of them with self certification and A very few require an electronic request

Fun story, the President was in my area and I didn't know he was still here as of the evening. I went to fly and had a restriction. Filed he automated form to request a ticket from that LANCE or whatever it's called and was APPROVED!

Didn't realize til later I was flying in the same general X mile area I couldn't believe it

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Geofencing is a joke, and the last I checked the only time you had to register a drone was if you were using it to generate income.

Not saying whether or not I have made money, and not saying whether or not my drones have been registered.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join