It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

airship PENROC3 is DOWN!! drone crash with video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
i crashed my drone last night, i was flying around the city and didn't take into account the updrafts from the very tall buildings.

i was flying to a safe place to land on the sidewalk and as i passed this building i went up a little bit to get a better view and when i moved again the up draft got me and sent me flying UP at least 10 floors, crash into the side of the building and it is impossible to recover from at that point so it fell like a rock on to the side walk.

the video link is to my google album(a public one)so no downloads needed

photos.app.goo.gl...

its only 1:16 long and the good stuff is in the last 25-30 seconds

good thing i got DJI's best protection plan as it is only a week old

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Fantastic ! I hate you drone fools in the city with your little toys . I hope they all crash and break . You guys have no care about safety of the public or privacy of citizens.

Imagine that drone falling on little billys head. Or grandma Esther;s head

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: seedofchucky

did you notice how the streets were empty?

my sister lives in the building i was flying around.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

that is only one part of the street. you don't know who will walk out of a building or out of a car just when that drone is coming down crashing .

You clowns don't have the skills to safely fly and operate these drones . especially in highly dense populated areas .

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
That is some amazingly stable footage,drone/camera tech has improved fast!
The first part was so smooth it was like the camera was on a dolly rather than a drone.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Well, that’s a little bit of a harsh reaction. Yea aerodynamics have to watch out for that.

Sorry to hear about your drone.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: seedofchucky

i agree with the statement but smart operators minimize the risk of flying in unpopulated of an area they can find to fly/practice

its like anything that is for adults

there is an implicit agreement that you will be responsible with the drone, much like a weapon.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
You have just demonstrated exactly why YOU Shouldn't own or operate a drone. You were flying way too close to the buildings to be flying legally, you were way too close to the moving vehicles to be flying legally.
I can pretty much assume that you do not have insurance to cover you when using your drone, how do I know this?
To actually obtain insurance you need to be a qualified multi rotor operator. You are definately not.
There was no up draft of any sort, you flew too close to the building lost direct line of sight with your drone (illegal) and flew back into it.
What if you had gone through a window and showed the street with broken glass or lost control and flew into an on coming car.
You need to grow up and take responsibility for your actions and not blame you lack of experience and control on a phantom "updraft" that simply didn't happen.

FYI I am a qualified registered drone operator in the UK and clowns like you are going to ruin it for those of us that have done things correctly

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: shinzaun

i was right underneath it, i was following it down the street to an open round about for pedestrians so that way i could land.

there were NO cars and NO people in the area i was flying at low speeds and at about 10 meters. so im not sure how i could have been safer with it.

and you can see in the video me starting to lose positive control from wind disruption

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I

I've watched your video numerous times now.
I've counted 7 vehicles and 1 cyclist.
There is also little to no wind. The trees are barely moving.
The way you are flying screams lack of practice therefore lack of control.
You are not allowed to fly closer than 50meters from buildings, vehicles and people.

Finally and slightly off topic, what has your sister living in the building got to do with anything at all ever?

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

you must be popular at parties

what ever argument we are having, you win. okay?

eta: this was a fun post and nothing serious. but i guess there has to be at least one person who talks about FAA regulations when anyone with common sense can tell i was flying in good faith and clearly not being a 'hot shot'

accidents happen and i figured i would show mine.

i crashed, i know my flying wasent perfects as i would not have crashed.

this was not a serious post...
edit on 15-8-2020 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Oh man, that hurt to watch

I often fly DJI drones around these parts but it takes some guts to go that low

I fight to get my 400ft and then stay there for 20 or so minutes til I have to reel her back in

Very ballsy to fly on a sidewalk, and RIP to your beautiful Drone

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The haters gonna hate.Sorry about your drone Penrock,

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Your flying looks fine to me Penroc, sometimes accidents happen

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

you must be popular at parties

what ever argument we are having, you win. okay?

eta: this was a fun post and nothing serious. but i guess there has to be at least one person who talks about FAA regulations when anyone with common sense can tell i was flying in good faith and clearly not being a 'hot shot'

accidents happen and i figured i would show mine.

i crashed, i know my flying wasent perfects as i would not have crashed.

this was not a serious post...

Ha!

Perfect response to all of the drone "experts" who can't help themselves from righteously weighing in with an opinion.

I loved the vid! Amazingly clear video! Makes me want to go out and buy one now...

How much do they go for?

And what city was this shot in?

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: seedofchucky

Fantastic ! I hate you drone fools in the city with your little toys . I hope they all crash and break . You guys have no care about safety of the public or privacy of citizens.

Or seed of chuckies head.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Actually I'm thinking about it landing on your head right now.... MMMmmm

Oh the horrors...hehe

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Hateful commi-sociocrats will be hateful commi-sociocrats.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

that is only one part of the street. you don't know who will walk out of a building or out of a car just when that drone is coming down crashing .

You clowns don't have the skills to safely fly and operate these drones . especially in highly dense populated areas .

Well if you have reflexes of a sloth then maybe you should get hit... Weed that out of the gene pool I say.

How many people die each year to civilians drones? Vending Machines kill about 13 people per year...I wonder what these small civilian drones kill, I bet in the 1000s...

edit on 15-8-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns and Riffrafter

thanks guys

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join