It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban politics on ATS?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: network dude

In order for polarization to happen both sides need to contribute. You cannot escape duelity by being duelistic.

The problem was created by both left and right medias. Trump also plays a role by playing into it. Instead of uniting the u.s. , he is further perpetuating the left vs right paradigm.

I invite you to post some pro Trump stories on the MSM. Hell, even the peace deal is being twisted. Media is against Trump and I don't mean this to come across as mean, but you have to be completely blind not to see that.

Let's be honest here -- the media's against anyone who doesn't say "How high?" when they screech "JUMP, bitch!"

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: blueman12

Why do I have gold bars and 20K flags?...BECAUSE I've been adding content on ATS for 10 years!

Boy, I got you beat on the numbers front doing a hell of a lot less

Sorry man, but I gotta point out with The Glitch a few years back, many of us don't actually have a remotely accurate flag and/or star count to reflect our contributions. I mean, if people think mine are accurate, I might as well go balls to the wall & claim to be God while we're at it.
edit on 8/15/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/15/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Its funny, I don't remember all this push to remove politics while Obama was president. 8 years of political threads and no one had any issues. Now its Trump and every few weeks we get a thread about how ATS is too political and the site shouldn't allow it. So excuse me if it appears this thread is more about censoring threads about Trump more than anything else. He obviously has the majority of support here and I think that upsets the fragile people.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Sounds like someone keeps losing political debates to me.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   
As a UK resident I dont have any interest in US politics but thats not to say it should be banned. Just do what I do and scroll on by !

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Why do I have gold bars and 20K flags?...BECAUSE I've been adding content on ATS for 10 years!

Boy, I got you beat on the numbers front doing a hell of a lot less

Sorry man, but I gotta point out with The Glitch a few years back, many of us don't actually have a remotely accurate flag and/or star count to reflect our contributions. I mean, if people think mine are accurate, I might as well go balls to the wall & claim to be God while we're at it.

Yeah.
I heard about the 'glitch'...but never benefitted from it. I earned my stars.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: Bluntone22

getting rid of these political evangelicals would protect free speech here.

Can't you even read your own contradiction ?

"getting rid of these political evangelicals would protect free speech here"

Einstein, if you get rid of anyone's speech, left or right, it is by definition no longer free. QED.

SMH....

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I don't see how banning politics from ATS would matter anymore. I agree it's gone downhill bigtime since Trump but the site owner himself says ATS is on it's way out and the best bet is they can sell and the buyer will carry on.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Why not ban members that keep going on political threads , get their rears kicked , then start threads to complain about it ?

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

If you ban politics on ATS, you're basically banning my attorney, Joseph Mamma who likes the politics on ATS.

So if you ban politics, you're banning Joe Mamma.

Don't ban Joe Mamma.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
I think ATS has been going downhill since the start of the trump administration. It seems that political threads have been on the rise and actual consiracy theory have been down.

Although, i can't act innocent because i too often play along in political threads.

For a conspiracy website i see way too much mainstream left vs right thought around here.

Did we come to ATS to discuss the endless duality of politics or did we come to go beyond the duelism and into the abysss?

When tik tok is beating ATS in conspiracy theory, i think ATS needs some self reflection on what it wants to become.

Politics is so popular on ATS and all the other sites because politics is so outrageous right now...

It's unlikely the political discussions are keeping posters away who would post different topics...

Cut off the political discussion, ATS might become a pretty lonely place...

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Maybe we should ban people trying to get things they don't like banned. I think we have enough overreach, censorship, and control going on right now. If you don't like something, ignore it and move on to what you like. There are people out there that may not like what you like, is it OK for them to get your things banned or does it only apply to what you want?

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join