It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban politics on ATS?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

how many conspiracy threads have you authored?

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Why should i contribute when political threads clearly get much more attention?

Ban political threads and ill put time and effort into threads.

Why spend a couple hours researching a thread when only 10 people will read it and half will post some crap comment.

People here only seen to care about mainstream BS.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Politics goes hand in hand with conspiracy theories. The problem I see is people who use politics to derail conversations, my guy versus your guy type of stuff, not politics as part of a discussion. We know who they are, they know who they are, but it's freedom of speech... don't want to lose that so might be best to just scroll past. Things are crazy right now and people are reactive so there is an uptick of nonsense political posts.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I don't know but i don't think i have made a mainstream political thread.

Last one i made was about the Afghanistan war and how bush, obama, and trump all continue the same rhetoric and momentum.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Oh. You want people to pay attention to your threads?
Try making them more interesting.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

at least you recognize that this started with Trump, and there wasn't this vitriol with Obama, at least not at this level. I hear so many mouth breathers whine about this.

If you want to talk about something specific, make a thread. I see a news article, and I want to comment on it, I bring it here. Until I'm told by the management they don't want my content, I'll keep making threads to discuss what I want to talk about. But then, I'm more of a driver than a rider. You do you. Just don't complain how lumpy the passenger seat is when you could have drove your own.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: igloo

I see that argument of freedom of speech alot. But it's not banning their ability to speech. It's like a reddit thread that is focused on paranormal. If you get a handful of people spamming articles about joe biden and donald trump they are going to get kicked off the thread.

It's not taking anyone's freedom to speak. It's saying "hey we want the discussion to be about _____ ir ____" .

How many people ditched ATS in the past few years because politics constantly showed up on the main page?

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Oh. You want people to pay attention to your threads?
Try making them more interesting.

THIS!

When a thread has content, links, pictures, and quality information, even if it's about something I'm not into, I'll read it, and sometimes learn a great deal from it. But someone put in the effort to make a quality thread. it's a shame more of the complainers don't realize that and focus their game.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Why put hours into a thread if it will just be overlooked by political spam...

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Like yours? You're making the equivalent of conservative buzz feed articles..

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Why put hours into a thread if it will just be overlooked by political spam...

why get up in the morning if you are just going to have another sh!tty day?

Man up dude. have you ever seen a really good thread? If not ask, many here can point towards a few. Look at them, ask why they appeal to you so much, and try to learn from and duplicate the good parts.

Don't get beat up every day, fight back one time. see the difference.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Because everyone should bow and submit to my views. Lol...

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: HalWesten

The problem isn't with the Trump supporters as much as it is the Trump haters who are far more vocal and nasty.

I was with you up until that point , Trump supporters and his detractors display equal levels of vitriol , neither side has clean hands.

The problem is that if you question him or his actions the name calling starts and that is predominantly from his supporters.

That is not true. Of course both sides do it, but to be honest and more accurate, the name-calling is far worse from anti-Trump people. All of the forums on the 'net are like that but it didn't start with Trump. I was shocked the first time I read the Daily Kos many years ago. That site is unbelievably nasty. The hate-filled rhetoric that comes from the Right in general is far less, though it is there as you said.

I don't typically call anyone names. I do however point out when someone is lying or posting false information just to stir things up. I can't stand that so I do my own research and if I find out they are not telling the truth I call them out. I've always believed when you start calling someone names it's because you don't have any other facts to contribute. I've been guilty of that on occasion but because of discussions I've had here with others, I have stopped doing that and go out to find the truth from non-mainstream sources. Then I will come back with facts. If the other person won't accept facts I can't do much else. I think we're pretty much on the same page on most things and can agree to disagree on the rest.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Like yours? You're making the equivalent of conservative buzz feed articles..

Aw,...you're jealous. That's so cute...and I really don't care if you like my threads.
That's another way we're different.

Let me 'splain something to you.

When I see a new thread up from DBCOWBOY...or AUGUSTUS M....I already know I'm going to be entertained and informed...even if I don't agree with the subject.
So I'll read them.

When I see one of your threads, I already know what I'll get too.
But, in your case, I rarely read them...and so I move on to something else more interesting and entertaining (which I'll be doing at the end of this post

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

In order for polarization to happen both sides need to contribute. You cannot escape duelity by being duelistic.

The problem was created by both left and right medias. Trump also plays a role by playing into it. Instead of uniting the u.s. , he is further perpetuating the left vs right paradigm.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

In order for polarization to happen both sides need to contribute. You cannot escape duelity by being duelistic.

The problem was created by both left and right medias. Trump also plays a role by playing into it. Instead of uniting the u.s. , he is further perpetuating the left vs right paradigm.

The difference with Trump is he's exposing the true character of those on the Left and some on the Right by playing the games he does. It's not presidential, it's not even smart at times but it is effective. We know more about the motives of the Democrat party now than ever in my opinion, as well as the true motives from the swamp dwellers on the right.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I invite you to post some pro Trump stories on the MSM. Hell, even the peace deal is being twisted. Media is against Trump and I don't mean this to come across as mean, but you have to be completely blind not to see that.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I agree with the OP.

Everyone saying it affects our free speech is wrong. There are millions of topics not listed in our forums and I have never heard one person claim that a topic not listed as a forum subject is stifling our free speech.

Nothing would stop any political subject from being discussed so as long as it is conspiratorial in nature.

Get rid of the cancer killing ATS!

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I don't like it either....but that would be censorship in a free-forum

TF is a "free-forum"? You seem to be yet another one of those coasting through life under the delusion that Freedom of Speech means no one anywhere can tell you to STFU.

No, hoss, ain't how that one works at all.

Person to person, I can tell you to STFU. You actually do not have anything Constitutionally consecrated to fall back on to tell me I cannot.

If I owned ATS, I could certainly rework the T & C to blatantly tell you to keep it clammed about any given topic I choose, too. It'd be well-within my legal rights, as the First ONLY applies to what the government can and cannot tell you to STFU about.
Why the eff is THAT so hard for people to understand? Willful ignorance? Deliberate dishonesty? It's not a matter of ethics or morality, the First is as consecrated as Freedom of Speech will ever get without a total re-write of it, and all it grants you regarding flapping gums is the privilege of not being muzzled by the government. I, however, can muzzle your ass all I want in my own business or on a forum. It's THAT simple a concept, I can't even dumb that down, because it already IS dumbed down as best possible the way it's written.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join