It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban politics on ATS?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Is there 109 of them? I wouldn’t know because I choose not to click on them all.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Not a problem, ATS wont be around much longer anyway.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I just did a quick search on reddit and it appears it's parent is
an American Media Company.But,it is now being funded by a
multi-billion dollar Chinese company.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
I think ATS has been going downhill since the start of the trump administration.

NO!

ATS is as good as ever.

The issue is that there have been numerous Trump-related conspiracies, and they have turned out to be TRUE:
- Fake Steele dossier
- illegal warrants
- illegal spying on Trump by Obama
- false charges against political opponents of Obama, such as Flynn
- criminal corruption inside Obama's FBI
- sexual abuse under Hillary's state department
- Hillary's illegal and criminal email scandal
- murder of Hillary-related Seth Rich
- Theft of BILLIONS by Clinton foundation from Haiti eartquake relief victims
- pedophilia with Hillary-related Weiner
- sexual exploitation of women by Hillary related Weinstein
....and the list goes on.

And now, you want these conspiracies that turned out to be true NOT discussed ?

Clearly, you do not like the Left being exposed for the sociopaths and liars that they are.
Enjoy !!

...and...
Deny Ignorance....

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I assume others have said it.

However, no one is forcing you to read political threads.

If they bother you the answer is very simple - Don't read them.

I don't read threads I am not interested in or think will upset me. Voila! I still love ATS

Banning threads you don't like is a form of tyranny and bullying people into silence because you don't like what they have to say. "We won't be silenced" any longer.

Just say no to yourself, you are not entitled to ban speech you don't want to read.

Don't want to read it, simple you are free not to. You have the total and complete freedom to ignore and not read political threads.

That is how you stay happy and stop being someone who wants to bully others into silence.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   
As a long time ATSer politics was the last thing I looked for when perusing ATS, that said you got to have a politics forum it drives people to communicate. Besides the people here usually bring good content on all sides, left right libertarian whatever. Other sites politics are a mess as well, way too one sided or you have to wade through the chaff. Atleast here there are some veteran ATS members of all distinctions that post decent stuff.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Right wing crap hole,,, fascist...playbook...

Do you ever listen to yourself?

It’s a conspiracy!

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Of course, I wrote it. And it’s the truth.

Even though that post was deleted as off topic when it wasn’t, my point still stands.

This has turned into an echo chamber of group think. And to reiterate, what we’re seeing here is no different from religious evangelicals. Except it’s politics. Free thought isn’t celebrated. It’s ostracized and shouted down. Which is why getting rid of these political evangelicals would protect free speech here.

ETA: do you really not know about the online groups of people whose sole mission is to take over online forums and turn them into Donald Trump fan clubs? That’s been going on for the past 4 years and it’s such a well known and obvious thing that I thought everyone knew about it.
edit on 15-8-2020 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Why do I have gold bars and 20K flags?...BECAUSE I've been adding content on ATS for 10 years!

In other words...ATS is solely based on member content.
MEMBER CONTENT is the fuel that powers this site...and I and others are responsible for adding that content.

I, and many others, helped BUILD ATS...by contributing to it regularly...NOT by sitting back and whining about how it doesn't measure up to my expectations.

BE the change you want.
You want more non-political threads?...ADD more non-political threads!

Don't sit there and watch others contribute what they're interested in...and whine about how it isn't what YOU are interested in.

It ain't rocket science.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   
news in the global scene will get to jumpin in a week or two

this is the place to be in an Iranian missile adventure or say......a Russian jetliner gets cabblewied out of the got tamm sky.....

also....where else would ya go to get a glimpse of the timeline that has a ring in our collective noses....leading us on long strange trip......what a long strange trip it's been huh....almost over,..... I purport!

Remedy.....dead ahead Captain....impact imminent...on the main screen please now Ohura
edit on 15-8-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

however...in the case of a Tower 7 falling due to a seismic rumble from a Pentagon EL FAKO Boeing.....then refuse ....and stand your ground...refuse to be a victim....

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Are you not going to admit the left has those exact type of groups?

People are sheep being pulled in both directions.
Don’t pretend liberals aren’t sheep.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
left leaning individuals have a more pronounced stretchy look imo......their noses should become more projected than the normal's noses soon....a reply to: Bluntone22

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: Bluntone22

Of course, I wrote it. And it’s the truth.

Even though that post was deleted as off topic when it wasn’t, my point still stands.

This has turned into an echo chamber of group think. And to reiterate, what we’re seeing here is no different from religious evangelicals. Except it’s politics. Free thought isn’t celebrated. It’s ostracized and shouted down. Which is why getting rid of these political evangelicals would protect free speech here.

ETA: do you really not know about the online groups of people whose sole mission is to take over online forums and turn them into Donald Trump fan clubs? That’s been going on for the past 4 years and it’s such a well known and obvious thing that I thought everyone knew about it.

Give me a break everything else out there that has actual loads of members is an overwhelming left biased. Please name these right think tanks that actually have diverse and numerous members. Its easy to find leftist views, every other site I see is 80% left biased. Dont get me wrong I like diversity too, just sometimes you need a good mix. Maybe just people have a different tone when discussing here on ATS than they do elsewhere. Some sites the age and maturity of the members is telling as well. All the big social media sites lean way left, I mean come on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit etc etc there is plenty of left leaning think out there or maybe it's just difficult for you to find experienced and knowledgeable leftist content

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
that should be more obviously addressed....they gotta get a life.....give em a 4x4 ATV ....get em outside more....that's the ticket put a YETI cooler on the back...

a reply to: putnam6

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Haha..i suppose..

My biggest issue with the left right crap is that some people get totally stuck on one side.

I'm a pro choice, anti immigration, pro gay marriage, pro gun atheist that voted and will vote again for trump.

I hate fricken labels.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
some have a fertile mind....some not there yet....

you have a fertile mind buddy

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Haha..i suppose..

My biggest issue with the left right crap is that some people get totally stuck on one side.

I'm a pro choice, anti immigration, pro gay marriage, pro gun atheist that voted and will vote again for trump.

I hate fricken labels.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Prolly to much beer

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
that should be more obviously addressed....they gotta get a life.....give em a 4x4 ATV ....get em outside more....that's the ticket put a YETI cooler on the back...

a reply to: putnam6

Lol don't get me started I was able to get to the mountains about a month ago, damn it was so peaceful and envigorating. No phones no computers no TV.

Very pissed at myself for being stuck where I am at for now.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join