It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban politics on ATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I think ATS has been going downhill since the start of the trump administration. It seems that political threads have been on the rise and actual consiracy theory have been down.

Although, i can't act innocent because i too often play along in political threads.

For a conspiracy website i see way too much mainstream left vs right thought around here.

Did we come to ATS to discuss the endless duality of politics or did we come to go beyond the duelism and into the abysss?

When tik tok is beating ATS in conspiracy theory, i think ATS needs some self reflection on what it wants to become.
edit on 15-8-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

I don't like it either....but that would be censorship in a free-forum

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Have your start page open on NEW instead...done.

Your welcome.

UFOs, 911, 2012, recipes, cars, pets...everything you just ain't looking hard enough for....
edit on 15-8-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   

People wouldn't have anything to moan about if you did.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

No it wouldn't. It would focus the website. A billion other places to discuss mainstream politics. This website should be for conspiracy. If it's Qanon politics then that's okay because it's conspiracy, not the msm.

+4 more 
link   
Since most conspiracies involve politicians it doesn't seem logical to ban political threads.

link   

As usual - misplaced anger.

Your beef is with the mods for allowing freedom of speech, why don't you try attacking them instead thus correctly directing your vent.

Unless of course you are a communist sympathiser which seemingly you are well on the way to converting to with this nonsense thread.

TRUMP has nothing to do with it - its just current affairs.

So in reality you are a leftist communist - wonder where I've seen these traits before?

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   

If most conspiracies happen in politics at the moment, then of course a lot of politics will enter the forum. During 'Italian-food-gate', there was a lot of paedo related posts, during Epstein it was about him etc.
The funniest is to say it changed since Trump became president...hahaha, of course, all the lefties can't stop going on about it and post their [so far] completely made up conspiracies about him. Only to be proven wrong over and over.
If the lefties would be quiet I am sure nobody would need to post anything about Trump as he is doing a spiffing job.

(post by blueman12 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

No it wouldn't. It would focus the website. A billion other places to discuss mainstream politics. This website should be for conspiracy. If it's Qanon politics then that's okay because it's conspiracy, not the msm.

If you don't seek out the NEWEST topics....the up to the minute postings....then this site does appear politically leaning. It's not

Get off the app, use desktop on mobile ..and NEW shows wide topics... current to the hour...and not even 1/2 threads are political

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I hate politics too but why is discussion bad??
I don't even know what left and right means but don't mind entertaining thoughts that make me think.
The site motto is deny ignorance, don't embrace it by shutting the lights out and thinking you are smarter than everyone.

I get pretty pissed too at the political people but whether we like it or not, we still need them.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The GD lizardfoot isn't conspiring to empty my wallet and take my rights.
Jean yes

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

I hate politics too but why is discussion bad??
I don't even know what left and right means but don't mind entertaining thoughts that make me think.
The site motto is deny ignorance, don't embrace it by shutting the lights out and thinking you are smarter than everyone.

I get pretty pissed too at the political people but whether we like it or not, we still need them.

It's focusing the website. By allowing politics we have become a reddit for the mainstream political junkies.

ATS is not reddit. It should focus its niche. And mainstream politics is not what most of us came here for.

Politics is a distraction which i am also guilty of. It's not censorship, it's focusing the website.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

A question for you...Are you part of the problem
or the solution?
If you have a problem with the types of threads on
here,make your own then! Plain and simple and
totally in your control.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

Better go start a trump thread. Or maybe a "leftists are dumb dumbs and we need a civil war thread.

Why are you are you here?

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Only so many times you can rehash voynich. Plus, deep down, all conspiracies lead to whomever is in charge.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

I would create threads if i knew tgey wouldn't be overshadowed by some trump or biden thread.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: CthruU

Why are you are you here?

To have my say just like you.

Is that ok or should i be communised.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join