It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Friday Night Protests 8-14-2020

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
What if you're one of the few hiding amongst the crowd in the liberal states? I don't want to bring California politics with me wherever I go. I'm trying to get away from the politics. This place is insane! My family is here and they've been here for Generations. We're all closet cases in California. Don't wear your Trump hat don't fly your flag especially because we live in the Bay Area. Go to church but don't talk about it . This is part of the problem . Freedom of speech unless it is against their ideals. It's a small group of us mixed in amongst the craziness. In just a few months I am out!

originally posted by: madmac5150

This is one reason, that I moved to the "boonies".

I have lived in big cities... where you ignore sirens, and pay attention to gunshots.

Now... out here... we ignore gunshots, and pay attention to sirens.

Antifa goons are not welcomed here. Antifa goons are unsafe here.

Our Fridays are very quiet...

Let me add this... this is important.

If you flee a liberal city because your life sucks, do not show up in conservative states expecting us to become liberals. If you helped destroy California, don't expect your policies to be welcomed in Idaho.

Liberals HATE individualists. Idahoans ARE individualists.

Go to coastal Washington or Oregon... they LOVE you guys there...

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: carewemust

I was listening to a young girl speak on the feed earlier. They want to change the whole system. It's not working for them. They are tired of the old ways. She said they weren't going to stop protesting until things have changed.

I know you guys went on to be sarcastic about this but... do you think our system is perfect and doesn't need changed?

A lot of what people are protesting is somewhat valid. Police brutality exists/defunding police is plain stupid. People of colour definitely get the #ty end of the stick, but both colored and white folk get beaten with the same stick. Some government policy is corrupt/some is simply needed to stay organized. These dualities are getting lost in peoples anger and made worse by funding to incite violence.

I don't personally think that protests work at all and violence absolutely not. The young protest because they are naive and think it makes a difference but, again, what should people do about our corrupt system?

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
My friends dad lives in washington state and says they burnt down a federal building in seattle last night. I can't find anything about it in the news online has anyone from seattle or nearby heard anything?

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Very well-spoken. I didn't realize the press were doing all that you said but it does appear you're correct. Criminals profiting off of destruction! Despicable trash

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Who is it narrating the livestream (that girl)? Is she a protestor? Press?

The feed puts together different live feeds from people broadcasting live. Audio from one of the live feeds is picked and it switches around. The girl that I listened to was a community or protest organizer, something like that.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

I know you guys went on to be sarcastic about this but... do you think our system is perfect and doesn't need changed?

Needs a lot of change. But the protesters (and virus) are being used to change things in the wrong direction.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

People have been raised to not ask questions or make waves..

had the comander of ACC come through our base over christmas, everybody asked nice safe questions I asked what the notification procedures were in regards to asbestos removal and lead paint on the hanger doors. two reasons for asking the question I did, 1 I know for a fact that every building I have been in over the last 20 years has since been torn down or remodlded because of asbestos and lead paint, and I knew once he got a hard question he would move on.

I never did get a satisfactory answer but he did move on, when my bosses tried to yell at me I just smiled and asked was I not following customs and courtesies? Then followed up with was my question inapropriate? They shut up and moved on at that point.

all that to say most people dont take the time to listen and learn your limits so hard questions can be asked, its easier to play it nice and safe and never have to answer for your actions.

Bravo for you having the temerity to challenge authority, but not in a regressive or destructive way, but in a forthright, possitive manner, to ensure that they are paying attention and occupying their positions of authority with the requisite level of responsibility and diligence. In other words, "keepin' em honest"

When it comes down to it, a lot of us "play it safe", and don't take issue with those above us, in charge of writing our work reviews and conduct reports. I am no different in this respect. It takes a certain type of personality to be critical of our superiors, but do it in a way that doesn't come across as simply b!tching. Pushing back against authority in a non-constructive manner is a good way to fck with your own paycheck, or your career track, particularly in corporate and government/military arenas.

I do know now that many effective managers and leaders seek out dissenting opinions and honest criticism to make sure their decision making is sound. I have seen this myself first hand.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

They should keep the nudity behind closed doors. I saw what happened when nudity was involved in one of these things. I don't think many of these rioters are the type any of us want to see naked...

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Since the law has not put a stop to the protests. Anti-protest protesters are starting to confront the protesters. This happened today in GA. I was sure gunfire was going to break out when someone threw that firecracker.

The law needs to put a stop to this now or it is going to get ugly.

Replay of live feed.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Very well-spoken. I didn't realize the press were doing all that you said but it does appear you're correct. Criminals profiting off of destruction! Despicable trash

Thanks FamCore.

Here is a story from last year in my part of the world that illustrates my points.

The local news stories may or may not, for obvious reasons, highlight all of the "facts". From information I had, the "journalists" in this case were intermingled with the mob, they did NOT immediately identify themselves as members of the press, and were very adversarial and argumentative to the police in this tense situation. They were given opportunities to comply with lawful orders concerning dispersal and safe movement of the protestors, but apparently some "journalists" feel that they are free to ignore the police, and if they're arrested like you or I for unlawful conduct, they complain about police violating free movement of the press.

Bull$#1t. If you're a member of the press, GTFO of the crowd, separate yourself from the "protestors", clearly mark that you are there to report on the protests, not participate. If you want to protest, fine, but do so as a member of the public, and expect no special treatment under the law. When the police ask you to move so that they can more safely manage the crowd, don't argue, don't complain.

YOU ARE THERE TO REPORT THE NEWS, NOT MAKE THE NEWS.

Civil disobedience of the press is not "a thing", and never was. The problem now is nearly our "journalists", at every level and every position, have abandoned all sense of neutrality and objective behavior. This is why I don't patronize virtually any news outlet, more than 1-2 online sources.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I think that you are correct but it doesn't really matter. The media does and reports whatever it is told.

edit on 15-8-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: cre8chaos
What if you're one of the few hiding amongst the crowd in the liberal states? I don't want to bring California politics with me wherever I go. I'm trying to get away from the politics. This place is insane! My family is here and they've been here for Generations. We're all closet cases in California. Don't wear your Trump hat don't fly your flag especially because we live in the Bay Area. Go to church but don't talk about it . This is part of the problem . Freedom of speech unless it is against their ideals. It's a small group of us mixed in amongst the craziness. In just a few months I am out!

This is one reason, that I moved to the "boonies".

I have lived in big cities... where you ignore sirens, and pay attention to gunshots.

Now... out here... we ignore gunshots, and pay attention to sirens.

Antifa goons are not welcomed here. Antifa goons are unsafe here.

Our Fridays are very quiet...

Let me add this... this is important.

If you flee a liberal city because your life sucks, do not show up in conservative states expecting us to become liberals. If you helped destroy California, don't expect your policies to be welcomed in Idaho.

Liberals HATE individualists. Idahoans ARE individualists.

Go to coastal Washington or Oregon... they LOVE you guys there...

We would definitely welcome you.

You have to admit, you know the type I am talking about. Seattle used to be a phenomenal city...(30 years ago...) I know... I lived in the area back then. it was ruined by Californians. California liberals flooded the area during the "grunge" years... Now? The city is a DUMP. We visited Seattle 5 years ago, and it was NOTHING like the city I remembered. It was tragic, to see what liberal policies did to an amazing city.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join