It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dumbbell Democrats all try to claim that Social Security is Dependent on the Post Office

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: xuenchen

Roughly 49.2+ million retirees in the USA.

1% would be 490K+ people still receiving printed checks.

Not a small number.

Nancy wants $25 Billion to go to the USPS, to deliver those checks.

How much is the delivery charge for 12 months of checks per person?

Should those checks not be delivered, then?

Does the USPS not deliver considerably more that Americans depend on, checks, medicine, official government correspondence, mail to service members overseas, elections ballots (even to service members abroad), passports, etc, which includes veterans, the elderly, those living rurally and abroad, and...everyone in America?

Plus, it's kinda in the Constitution.

The funding should be discussed and appropriated as a stand-alone item, as it has been over the past 75 years, or so.

Yeah. Good idea.

The $1 trillion coronavirus relief package released by Senate Republicans this week includes billions of dollars for new weapons and defense projects that appear to have little to do with fighting the pandemic.

The Washington Post reports that many of these programs had their funding repurposed to help pay for President Donald Trump's border wall. Republicans' coronavirus legislation replaces that funding, and then some.

Source
edit on 8/14/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: StoutBroux
And, if I am remembering right..
I was given a choice of having it automatically deposited in my checking account, or they would mail me the debit card for them to deposit it onto..
Still depending on the post office.
Of course, I probably was given that choice in the letter I got that confirmed I was eligible and told me my benefit amount that was sent to me through the mail...

I'm not dissing the need for the USPS. I'm stating that it is no longer used to send Social Security/retirement payments. If you noticed my info, it was costing 4.6million dollars a month to send 5 million checks according to the US Treasury which they no longer wanted as an expense.

But another thought, many people rely on electronically sent mail. Even senior citizens and many have opted to get their notices via email.

The USPS is no longer the main source of transmitting 'mail' but it is still a necessary organization.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

But then how could I get that nice letter from code enforcement giving me ten days to get my car legal before they tow it away while I am waiting forever for the nonexistant post office to deliver my tags to me?

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

But then how could I get that nice letter from code enforcement giving me ten days to get my car legal before they tow it away while I am waiting forever for the nonexistant post office to deliver my tags to me?

Email.....it’s free.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
What is kinda in the Constitution?

Congressional authority to establish Post offices and therefore the postal service.

See also the postal services act 1792.
edit on 14-8-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Shut down?

More like intentionally sabotage before an election. Removal of sorting machines, cutting hours and leaving mail behind sure seems like it.

This affects small businesses as well that rely on USPS. I sent out mail recently and it took 4 days to send mail to someone in the same zip code. As someone trying to launch a small business I have to now look at more expensive shipping alternatives.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

True. Once they are out of the womb the fetus hugers don't care anymore.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

No, but, I did go through alot of correspondence applying for social security and getting it going so I could get payments from them.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Congress are the ones hurting USPS. If they would repeal that law that mandates that USPS has to fund pensions for people that they haven't even hired yet they wouldn't be in trouble.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Nope, they dont know my email account and you certainly wouldnt be able to send registration tags via email.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Unions are quite *wealthy*. Lots of lobbying power.
Unions of government employees especially so, because there are a whole hell of a lot of government employees. A whole lot of union dues being collected, from the employees.

edit on 8/14/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   

BS I had to sign up for direct deposit when I started my SS after 35 years at my last job. I had been paying in to SS for 49 years since I was 16 when I got my SS card (a requirement at the time) I had been working since I was 14.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 06:20 AM
link   
as of 3pm, Monday, the USPS will be demolished. No visible recognition of any post office activity will be recognizable. All the postmen will be on the street, and no mail will ever be delivered anymore. Ever. Thanks Trump.

My source is the outrage thrown by the laughable idiots.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Just give me my stolen money back now. Then I won't have to worry about it

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JON666
I started at 15. They made me get a workers permit

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   
The Orange Mugabe wants to destroy the postal system as he knows he'll lose by a landslide this time. Postal votes spell disaster for him.

It's pretty clear to see.
edit on 15-8-2020 by markojo because: Typo

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: JON666

BS I had to sign up for direct deposit when I started my SS after 35 years at my last job. I had been paying in to SS for 49 years since I was 16 when I got my SS card (a requirement at the time) I had been working since I was 14.

💥
If you apply for Social Security or Supplemental Security Income benefits, a new law went into effect March 1, 2013, requiring that you receive your payments electronically........... If you still receive checks, the U.S. Department of the Treasury will contact you about complying with the requirement.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

FedX .

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Ummm.. yes, we should all accept more costly alternatives for mail service because trump sees mail in voting a threat to his election and de joy has investments in those alternatives...

But, dont ask you to wear a mask when you go to vote!!

You have been one of the most vocal saying those with higher risks should just stay home. You want to know the reason they gave when they close our normal polling place for the primary and sent us dang near through one city and into another? Many of those who have volunteered as poll workers were retired seniors.. and they were staying home!! The reason I am applying for a mail in ballot is that I see the possibility of them not opening up our usual polling place in nov for the same reason.
You find it perfectly acceptable for people to have their needed medications held up and get slapped with late fees... something that is already happening because of those monkey wrenches being thrown in to undermine the system... which, by what I read trump has come close to admitting he wants the chaos so mail in ballots dont get through. Ya, you want people voting in person!
Which means you want those seniors you keep claiming can just stay home if they dont want to get sick to be working for hours, coming into contact with hundreds of people working in the polling places.
But, no... we cant ask you to even do the simple act of wearing a mask the short time you are in the building casting your vote!!

At least be decent enough to volunteer some of your time and take the place of one of those seniors who say no!!

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Still involves you either sending you banking info into them or the setting up a prepaid debit card to recieve payments and sending you the card...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join