It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dumbbell Democrats all try to claim that Social Security is Dependent on the Post Office

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: xuenchen
It's not being shut down. Like I said, it might be just hype. But then, according to some reports, it does kind of sound like they are throwing a few monkey wrenches into the system to slow it down.. which would be the manufactured problem I spoke of. Well, if that is the case, they will be slowing alot more down than just the ballots.
Personally, I'd be more concerned with the financial ramifications. You know, people having to pay more in late fees because payments were slowed down excessively and such.

Or people not receiving their medications through the mail on time as well. And late fees mean a ding to your credit rating also. I'm sure there are more ramifications as well. Lack of overtime means less money for the workers as well, but I bet some people on this site would be fine with that.....

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Roughly 49.2+ million retirees in the USA.

1% would be 490K+ people still receiving printed checks.

Not a small number.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Well, nothing he says matters, he's just some dude who poorly ran a country for a bit, got rich off it and still feels the need to give his opinion. The best thing to do is give it the attention and credence it deserves, absolutely none.

Honestly # obama, he's responsible for the celebrity style politics that exists today. #ing Trudeau's campaign was basically a poor imitation of that assholes campaign and he's just as much of a lying piece of # as Obama is. Watching that mother #er campaign was like a deja vu of Obama, 4 years after he'd been #ing your country and lied about everything he said and everyone here bought into that # the same way. Politics everywhere became #ing retarded after Obama.
edit on 14/8/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Not a small number.

Well how is the post office shutting down ?

🤓

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   

The Huffington Post

BUSINESS
01/09/2013 10:48 am ET

Social Security Checks Will Stop Coming Via Mail March 1

In less than two months, the government will stop sending paper checks for Social Security, disability and other benefits in an effort to cut costs. Instead, the Treasury Department will distribute funds electronically, either via direct deposit or on a prepaid “Direct Express” card.

Around 93 percent of recipients currently receive their payments electronically, but 5 million checks are mailed each month, according to the Treasury. Paper checks cost the government about $4.6 million per month, CNN Money reported. Over the next 10 years, that total cost to taxpayers would add up to $1 billion.

The Treasury has launched an advertising campaign to get the word out about the March 1 deadline. Those who don’t switch to electronic payments will still receive paper checks, but will be under more pressure to make the change.

www.google.com... post.com%2Fentry%2Fsocial-security-checks-mail-march-1_n_2439300&usg=AOvVaw2fh3I5oMwPGqzVmB5DbMYE

Social Security and Veterans Benefit Checks No Longer In Mail, Allsup Explains

All participants must receive benefits electronically effective March 1, 2013, including Social Security Disability Insurance and VA disability beneficiaries

Belleville, Ill.—Feb. 8, 2013—Effective March 1, 2013, the U.S. Department of the Treasury will stop mailing paper checks to anyone receiving Social Security, Veterans Affairs or other federal benefits, according to Allsup, a nationwide provider of Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) representation, veterans disability and Medicare plan selection services.

The move, which is part of the Treasury Department’s initiative to phase out paper checks, affects not only seniors and veterans, but also those receiving Social Security disability benefits. “Individuals still receiving federal benefits by check are required by law to switch to the electronic payment option of their choice—direct deposit into a traditional bank or credit union account or deposit onto a payment card, such as a debit card,” said Tricia Blazier, personal financial planning manager at Allsup.

The Treasury Department estimated electronic benefits payments would save the federal government $1 billion in 10 years. Most federal beneficiaries already receive funds electronically.

“Since May 1, 2011, anyone new to SSDI or other federal benefits was required to receive benefits electronically—but anyone receiving benefits prior to that date still had the option to receive paper checks. However, they must go electronic by March 1,” Blazier explained.

www.allsupinc.com...

You know, this all happened under Obama's watch. You would think he knew about it, it was kind of a big deal. But then again, maybe he didn't read about it in the news so he didn't know what the cluck was going on.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

You made two points in your op..
One was that there wasnt enough people depending on the post office to be concerned about, the other was that the post office wont have a problem.
As for your first point.. I say bs!! People still rely on the postal system in some pretty important ways!
Your second point I am still undecided about.

But, it is more than just the dems saying there is a problem I think since the govt mailed out notices to a bunch of states saying that there will be a problem processing the ballots though the postal system in time. I am just assuming that if they will be having trouble delivering the ballots in a timely manner, they will be having a problem with everything else flowing through the system.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
You use Breitbart for fact check?

Even you learn newsworthy tidbits in your circle of amigos, don't you?

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Not a small number.

They're going to die anyway. Who cares?

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I actually try to use multiple sources if I intend to post fact.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Not a small number.

Nancy wants $25 Billion to go to the USPS, to deliver those checks.

How much is the delivery charge for 12 months of checks per person?

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I actually try to use multiple sources if I intend to post fact.

That's good. That means when we see a post from you, the content is accurate. Super!

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux
And, if I am remembering right..
I was given a choice of having it automatically deposited in my checking account, or they would mail me the debit card for them to deposit it onto..
Still depending on the post office.
Of course, I probably was given that choice in the letter I got that confirmed I was eligible and told me my benefit amount that was sent to me through the mail...

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Not a small number.

Should those checks not be delivered, then?

Does the USPS not deliver considerably more that Americans depend on, checks, medicine, official government correspondence, mail to service members overseas, elections ballots (even to service members abroad), passports, etc, which includes veterans, the elderly, those living rurally and abroad, and...everyone in America?

Plus, it's kinda in the Constitution.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   
What is kinda in the Constitution?

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Obama and some other high profile liars have been claiming that Social Security is dependent on the Post Office.

Fact is, something like 98% of Social Security "checks" are direct deposit and never "in the mail".

This all comes right after Trump announced he was "relieving" payroll taxes and later wants to fund SS and Medicare A from general revenues.

Most Democrats are BS'ing the gullible by claiming the SS dependence as well as some kind of "defunding".

All just bitter jealousy on display by the Seahorse Democrats !!

Barack Obama and a number of other Democrat officials have falsely claimed that senior citizens depend on the United States Postal Service to receive their social security checks.

Claim: “Everyone Depends on the USPS. Seniors for their Social Security,” Obama said in a tweet.

Fact Check: Barack Obama Falsely Claims Seniors Depend on Post Office for Social Security

It has to depend on the circumstances, and a serious delay in payments elsewhere.

The current methods are direct payment into a bank account, by cheque...and by prepaid credit card, while I could bet t your button socks that cheques will be the last paid.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Not a small number.

55 cents for 1st class letter postage, even less for SS to bulk mail them all.
But if you figure 55 cents per letter that’s only $6.60 per year per person
Times that by the 500,000 people that still get mailed checks, that’s only $3.3 million.
$25 billion is to cover all the #ing pork in Pickled Nancy’s bill.
The USPS has been saying they are going under for decades and they haven’t changed the way they do anything.
They are still stuck technology wise in the 1970s and in some respects of they way they operate, maybe the 1950s.
It’s the last living dinosaur on earth...and I work for them.

I say let them go under.
edit on 14-8-2020 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Ok, but reckon, just how much would it cost the govt to send all that mail they send to people via FedEx or some other for profit company?

And, most of the govt is running on 1970 equipment. It's not just the post office.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Not a small number.

Should those checks not be delivered, then?

Does the USPS not deliver considerably more that Americans depend on, checks, medicine, official government correspondence, mail to service members overseas, elections ballots (even to service members abroad), passports, etc, which includes veterans, the elderly, those living rurally and abroad, and...everyone in America?

Plus, it's kinda in the Constitution.

The funding should be discussed and appropriated as a stand-alone item, as it has been over the past 75 years, or so.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I started a thread about the Post Office saying they needed money to stay afloat in early April.

Much of their current troubles stem from idiot (mostly) Democratic governors shutting down the entire U.S. economy, over a relatively minor additional threat to life.

Here's the April 3rd thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Ok, but reckon, just how much would it cost the govt to send all that mail they send to people via FedEx or some other for profit company?

And, most of the govt is running on 1970 equipment. It's not just the post office.

It would be less than the $25 billion that Nancy is trying to get for them....wayyyyyy less
Listen.....95% or maybe more of the mail USPS delivers is advertising garbage.
It’s not essential in any way, shape or form.....it’s garbage, some people might use a pizza coupon once in a while but it’s literally garbage.
I might deliver 1 crucial letter to only 1 in about every 25 houses.
The USPS would be more profitable going to all packages like UPS, Fed Ex etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join