It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dumbbell Democrats all try to claim that Social Security is Dependent on the Post Office

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Obama and some other high profile liars have been claiming that Social Security is dependent on the Post Office.

Fact is, something like 98% of Social Security "checks" are direct deposit and never "in the mail".

This all comes right after Trump announced he was "relieving" payroll taxes and later wants to fund SS and Medicare A from general revenues.

Most Democrats are BS'ing the gullible by claiming the SS dependence as well as some kind of "defunding".

All just bitter jealousy on display by the Seahorse Democrats !!

Barack Obama and a number of other Democrat officials have falsely claimed that senior citizens depend on the United States Postal Service to receive their social security checks.

Claim: β€œEveryone Depends on the USPS. Seniors for their Social Security,” Obama said in a tweet.

Fact Check: Barack Obama Falsely Claims Seniors Depend on Post Office for Social Security

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
You use Breitbart for fact check?

+24 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

You can click on the link... knowledge doesn't hurt you physically.

If you bother to read the linked article they are using data from the Social Security Administration.

So topple your strawman, burn it for fun and then attempt to address the OP.

That the left is blatantly lying about the topic.

edit on 14-8-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I got questioned for using CNN as a source, knowing our friends on the Left would have chastised me for using a different source. Go figure. Some people here need to do some of their own research and stop being so lazy.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

How is Obama an official? Since when are ex-presidents still considered official in any capacity?

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Sorry I was just so wrong !!

SS is 99% direct deposit
πŸ€“

Direct Deposit Of Social Security Benefits

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

How is Obama an official? Since when are ex-presidents still considered official in any capacity?

Many defused Democrats may think he's still President and many others think Hillary Clinton won the 2016 election.

At any rate, both have lots of influence in zi Parti 😈

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Yeah, not many rely on the USPS for their social security checks. But some do.

So, not a lie, really. Just more useless talk.

But let's make it a BOMBSHELL baby! Obama sucks!

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gnawledge
Yeah, not many rely on the USPS for their social security checks. But some do.

So, not a lie, really. Just more useless talk.

But let's make it a BOMBSHELL baby! Obama sucks!

You totally missed the point because of your politics. Nice job.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Gnawledge

Don't worry the post office isn't getting defunded.

Only Democrats are spreading that lie 😈

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   
So... what about the 2%?
I wonder how much banks, utility companies, or even landlords might be depending on the mail to get mortgage payments, car payments, or possibly rental payments?
But, I am sure all those companies waiting for checks to come through the mail will be real forgiving if they are a tad bit late!!
Do you go to the dmv to renew your car registration or do you do it online or through the mail? If you dont visit the dmv, how do you get the new tags? Via mail??
How do you know how much you owe the electric comp? Maybe you can go online to see the bill.. but not everyone if fortunate enough to have access to the internet. How do you pay a bill if you dont know how much you owe?
Na... no one depends on the mail!!

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Well , I get mine on a American Express Debit Card . What does the USPO have to do with that ? Hmm...Is the Moon Now made of Blue Cheese , and the USPO is the Only Avenue in Now getting it ?

Man , my Family Never Understood me , you know ? They are Idiots............

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Don't worry the post office isn't getting defunded.

Only Democrats are spreading that lie 😈

No, I know. It's the emergency funding so that they can handle the mail-in voting that Trump is opposed to.

Just don't make it out like it's just Democrats doing the lying here.

I'm sure there is a lot of slush in that emergency funding I wouldn't care for. But who knows? Just the corrupt a-holes writing the bills. And the corrupt a-holes signing off on them.

Mail-in voting is fine. I feel the P.O. could handle it just fine. As they are. It might take a while but that's fine.

Trump has made it out like he's lost already. Made an excuse for when it happens...it's pathetic. All around.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Either its hype, in which there wont be any more of a problem with the mail in ballots than usual, or the problem will be affecting much more than mail in ballots.
But you seem to think it isnt hype since you are diminishing the effects by saying that only one or two percent of social security recipients might have to wait around for god knows how long for their checks to come in the mail so it is no big deal..
Well, it might be a big deal if you are one of that one or two percent, or anyone that is counting on them to pay them money owed to them! Especially if they then end up having to wait god knows how long for the payment to get through the mail to them.
At the present time I am going with it is probably hype, or maybe a manufactured problem that will be solved before election day because even if it is just one or two percent that is relying on the mail as a means to recieve or pay out money.. it will just turn an already chaotic situation into a much bigger one.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

How did you get the american express card?

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Who said the post office is being shut down ?

😎

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Funding is too late. They should have thought about it last year.

What exactly are they wanting extra money for anyway ?

No details except for some obvious corruption πŸ€“

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

How did you get the american express card?

I got mine from FedEx 😎

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
It's not being shut down. Like I said, it might be just hype. But then, according to some reports, it does kind of sound like they are throwing a few monkey wrenches into the system to slow it down.. which would be the manufactured problem I spoke of. Well, if that is the case, they will be slowing alot more down than just the ballots.
Personally, I'd be more concerned with the financial ramifications. You know, people having to pay more in late fees because payments were slowed down excessively and such.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

All the BS is coming from Democrats πŸ€“

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join