It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Do you Remember Question regarding lost UFO footage.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
OK here is another "do you remember or know" thread.
I remember watching an old UFO documentary on VHS which had footage taken during the day from maybe a convertible car of a cylinder UFO. The narrator said the guy who filmed it sent it off to be analysed and what he got back it was a very poor copy of his original film.
The footage shown showed almost nothing.
I swear the video was UFO It Has Begun but watching it online seems its not the one.

Does anyone know the film ?

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: devilhunter69

By 'old' u mean what? 70s? 80s? 90s?

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
UFO's It has begun came out in 1974 so its gotta be 1960's to 70's.

a reply to: NightVision

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Oh! I know the instance your talking about.

I could be wrong, but I'm almost positive it's "Out of the Blue"

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I think thats too new. Just had a quick look at it on YT.

a reply to: Macenroe82

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Not many people had a video camera handy back then especially probably riding around in a car

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I first saw this on a vhs tape so it has to be pre 1990. There was a documentary narrated by British actor Patrick McNee but I cant remember the title.

a reply to: Mark08

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: devilhunter69
I remember watching an old UFO documentary on VHS which had footage taken during the day from maybe a convertible car of a cylinder UFO. The narrator said the guy who filmed it sent it off to be analysed and what he got back it was a very poor copy of his original film.
I swear the video was UFO It Has Begun but watching it online seems its not the one.

I'm drawing a blank on an exact match but I'll mention a non-match since I think the previous request you made also turned out to be something which didn't match your description.

The one case that comes to mind is promoter Nick Marinara who shot some UFOs on film in August 1950, but there's some debate about whether the date was the 5th or the 15th of August.

Anyway Marinara claimed 35 frames or about 3 seconds of his film sent off for analysis were missing when he got it back, and of the two investigators one believed him and one didn't.

Mariana UFO incident

Saunders and Craig soon added a new problem to the case - they were not sure whether the film had been taken on August 5 or August 15, 1950. After interviewing Mariana, the two researchers came to different conclusions about the film. Craig remained skeptical of Mariana's claims that 35 frames had been removed from the footage: "the comment I considered most significant, which Mr. Mariana's ex-secretary made to me during a telephone interview...when I pressed for information or beliefs regarding clipping of the film by the Air Force. The very hesitant comment was, 'What you have to remember in all this is... that Nick Mariana is a promoter'. That comment was adequate to close our conversation". In his memoirs, Dr. Craig also wrote that: "I would not like to have to defend Dr. Saunders's conviction that the Mariana film is strong evidence that we have extraterrestrial visitors". However, David Saunders thought the Mariana film was a crucial case in the Colorado Project's case files. Impressed by Baker's analysis, Saunders was suspicious of the discrepancy over the missing frames at the beginning of the Mariana film. He was particularly concerned with reports that the first three seconds of the film that were missing clearly indicated the objects were spinning discs.

UFO's It has begun came out in 1974 so its gotta be 1960's to 70's...I first saw this on a vhs tape so it has to be pre 1990.

Since the event took place in 1950 it easily could have been in a 1970s documentary. VHS was introduced in 1976-1977 so "UFO's It has begun came out in 1974", couldn't have happened in 1974 on VHS, and it didn't, it came out in 1979.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I'm fairly certain I know of the instance the OP is talking about.

It's in one of those "I know what I saw" type of UFO docs.
But a mash up of various case clips, a 10 minute spot for each case and then made into a feature length movie.
At least, that's what my Mellon is remembering.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I never said I watched it in 1974 - I would have been 4 ! I watched it on a vhs tape about ufo's between 1986 and maybe 1992 ish. I just stated that the documentary was made in 1974.

a reply to: Arbitrageur

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Thats it exactly. I just cant remember what one!

a reply to: Macenroe82

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Lol me either.

I'm pretty sure it's even on Amazon Prime Video.
I know I watched it not long ago, and it would had been on there.
There's so many UFO docs on Prime.
And I think the sighting took place in California.
Possibly San Fran.
edit on 14-8-2020 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I just Googled “Patrick Macnee UFO documentary narrator” and came up with two or three UFO docs he narrated that are on Prime Video.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   

edit on 14-8-2020 by azvol because: Double post.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: azvol

I just Googled “Patrick Macnee UFO documentary narrator” and came up with two or three UFO docs he narrated that are on Prime Video.
I went to his Wikipedia page for his filmography and he did several episodes of Unexplained Mysteries.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This is the one, The part you are talking about starts at 29:17

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Many thanks. So it was in the UFO It Has Begun documentary. It looks like its never been debunked either.

a reply to: Sakrateri

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Nice!
Funny, I knew it was San Francisco too.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sakrateri

Excellent work.

top topics

join