It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fauci says there is 'no reason' Americans can't vote in person

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Good News from Chicago. The mass protests and riots in early June didn't cause an increase in Covid-19 cases.

chicago.cbslocal.com...

I bet there are a lot of local stories like this in urban areas where large protests and riots occurred.

Schools opening for in-person learning will likely not cause an uptick in hospitalization numbers either.

Bottom Line: VOTING IN PERSON SHOULD BE WORRY-FREE.
edit on 8/14/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 12:56 AM
link   
If you go deep down the SARS COVID rabbit hole and then surface, you would hide and never come out again.

IMO it would be better to side with caution. I go along with Phage on risk management, ultimately it's all you got. Take as extreme of precautions as possible, or not, just don't down play this virus and blow it off.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: HalWesten

In public, when social distancing cannot be effectively carried out. Yes.

that isn't what this is about. It's a NATIONAL MANDATE that everyone MUST wear a mask when outdoors.

You are OK with that kind of authoritarian action?

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Yes he is, but only where Covid is an issue.

All other contagious diseases are no risk, neither is rioting, protesting or gathering in hate groups. Only churches, family get-togethers and sports venues are dangerous.

Yes Phage, that's hyperbole. I would support you if you were consistent on this but you are not. Therefore I cannot agree with your support for Biden's goal of forced masking. If you think the protests were bad, wait until someone with money is reported in their yard without a mask and goes to jail. All hell is going to break loose in the courts. Then, eventually, these ridiculous mandates will be squashed and people will be able to live semi-normal lives again.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

It's a NATIONAL MANDATE that everyone MUST wear a mask when outdoors.

There is no such thing in place. Not in the US anyway.

But this thread is about what happens at polling places.

edit on 8/15/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

a reply to: HalWesten

I'm actually more concerned with the added burden on our health care "system." Always have been.

That's great, but moving the goalposts just verifies my point. You're afraid of the Covid virus and are ok with mandating mask-wearing ala Joe Biden. You're not afraid of two other illnesses that take on average two million lives a year.

As long as we're on the same page...

Sorry to jump in, that's the problem, so many have fallen for the fear mongering.
I'm sure we all know this already, on 19th March 2020 the UK Government classified Covid19 as not a highly infectious disease but went on full lockdown anyway on 23rd March 2020.

Phage..look it up it's on the Government website. Don't ask me to cite sauce to go with your fries. Take a look or go sailing on your boat whatever.

Masks....I've never put one on and never will, I enter shops daily, never been questioned. Lots of the packaging regarding masks clearly displays that they are ineffective with coronavirus, but still people open the box, wear the mask and think they are safe without reading. Not all packaging gives this info.

This is a bug and nothing else.

Just one more for Phage, in UK there's no more reporting on daily death rates, instead it's been replaced by infection rates, almost all don't know they have it. Now considering this is supposed to be a deadly virus but you have to be tested to see if you have it? It's no ebola it's just a flu or cold which will harm the weakest.

Last one for Phage, I dig your old phone, I'd give that a triple AAA

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Should you not just be able to vote how you choose, in person, or by mail?

Same way Trump does for instance.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Has anyone mentioned you can go online and make sure your mail-in vote got counted?

Which is a perfect reason there should be ZERO complaints about voting. You have multiple avenues to go by. I live in a rural area, in person voting will be fine with me and the lines won't be any longer then they usually would be. If you are scared to go out among people, request a mail in ballot. It really is just that simple.

Unless you are a minority. I heard that they weren't able to do either and this was all voter suppression.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Should you not just be able to vote how you choose, in person, or by mail?

Same way Trump does for instance.

After all this time you still don't know the differences between "Absentee Ballots" and "Mail in Ballots" ?

❌scary❌

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I was asking about the mandate Biden mentioned. If you need me to link a news article about it I can, but I think as active as you are politically now, you would have seen it.

Are you OK with the proposed National Mandate proposed by Biden?

If we can go to Wal Mart and Giant Grocery, I think we can vote once every two years. We will have to wear masks and keep our 6 feet apart, so as to pacify the rules.

I just wonder what the new MASK POLICE uniforms will look like.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

The people in line who have masks on are safe.
Not so much.

So they shouldn't care if a few voters show up without masks.
Those without masks are a danger to others. Especially indoors.

But let's just ignore what Fauci actually said. Let's just take an out of context quote and run with it.

New York has had restaurants open for two months now. Waters wear masks patrons do not. If this has been shown to be safe; than a few people neglecting to ware masks on line at a polling place can't be more problematic.
edit on 16-8-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

a reply to: Bluntone22

She'll be happy to move out, come February 2025.

Clarified that for ya.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Trump frequently says there is a difference between ""absentee voting"", which he once called ""good"" on twitter, and ""mail-in voting"" which he alleges is ""inaccurate and fraudulent"".

But the people who run elections dont make that distinction. x

I know that the practice of ""mailing in a ballot"" began during the Civil War.

And i know you should not have to make an excuse to make a choice.

People should be as free to vote how they please, as they are to vote, to within rhyme and reason.

Mailing in a ballot is in no way unreasonable whatsoever as long as Trump and his minions don't manage to sink nor dismantle the post office.
edit on 16-8-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
WEll duh.

wtf the point of these god damned masks if i cant go in public with you #ing morons you created this # taco, now your like hey dont eat it.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Absentee ballots require a request and reasonable proof you are genuine.

Mail-in ballots are mass mailed to all registered voters regardless of status and we have seen most voter rolls are tainted and not up to date which means the "dead" ballots can easily come to life. Most people know this but we are seeing Democrat tricks at work 😎

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

This post just exposed you badly

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   

The trick being Trump and his cronies attempting to gimp out the US postal service per-chance?

He's going to have to be dragged out that Whitehouse kicking and screaming by the feet. LoL

As to the dead ballots bulltard, Americans should worry less about voter fraud
and worry more about the lines at polling booths and problems with vote counting imho.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: canuckster

This post just exposed you badly

You really think I haven't said the same thing many times before?

edit on 8/16/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Ah! The responsibility of "democracy" (majority rule). "Every vote must be counted". Even the dead and pets should have a say. Even the "citizen" that should have no say, should be "counted".
Pres. Trump is right. Not just for himself, but for future efforts, both Dem and Repubs. This "mail in" idea, is a bad idea. We have "political judges" that can't judge by the "law"! But we don't have "political mailmen/women"?.. Don't buy it.
This nonsense, has the ability for fraud, written all over it.
And it will happen!

Name one "government" solution to a "problem", that did not create another problem? Or didn't weaken the grasp of our "Constitutional law"? By creating a "precedent" that never existed in the first place? Before "they" created the/a, problem?

Name me one. I'll wait...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join