It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fauci says there is 'no reason' Americans can't vote in person

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Hardly bravado. Some of my hang gliding buddies joke about how picky I am. But then, almost fifty years without anything more than a bump or bruise to show for it. Some of my buddies are no longer around. One is a paraplegic.

Risk management is a thing.

Hang gliding is much higher risk than COVID, indeed. And mask is a lot less troublesome than wearing a helmet and carrying a parachute. I don't fly barefoot, either.

I wasn't going to get into this with you again but I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. Are you ok with someone that has tested negative OR has had Covid but is no longer infectious not wearing a mask? They can't transmit something they don't have, right?

I'm excited to see what you have to argue against that.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Annee

L

The USPO Workers just announced that they are Voting for the Biden/Harris Ticket this Nov . . Conflict of interest there Maybe > ?

Why would that be a conflict of interest?

Just counters Trump and the Republicans efforts to interfere with mail-in votes.

Perspective.

You have proof of the intent for Trump et al to interfere with mail-in voting? Please post that proof. We've already had examples of Democrats stuffing mailboxes with fake ballots, let's see what you have from the Trump administration supposedly making it impossible for Democrats to vote via mail.

Trump’s whining about mail-in voter fraud goes back at least 4 years to 2016.

Investigated — and cleared.

Per usual — he’s only concerned about himself and losing.

Uh huh — you’ve only found misdeeds by Dems.

Is that because you only searched for misdeeds by Dems?

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   

The USPO Workers just announced that they are Voting for the Biden/Harris Ticket this Nov . . Conflict of interest there Maybe > ?

Well if they vote by mail only half of them will show up on time and we will still be getting votes in 2021

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Let me see if I have this argument straight: We are arguing over which vector is the best method to entrust the counting of votes by the same people that screw up the Covid count on a daily basis?

And that the manual count of ballots prior to Election Day (by mail-in balloting) is more secure than automatic tabulation on Election Day in front of several poll workers (In-person balloting)?

Okay....

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   

" Perspective. "

Annee , you are Truly a " Soft Mark " . God Bless . The President has Become Under these Circumstances created by the Progressive , Marxist , Communist , Leftists , Anarchists a ROCK STAR Among the General NORMAL PUBLIC . Please Stop Watching MSNBC and CNN for Your Up to Date Political Happy Meal . The REAL WORLD Beckons You ...........)

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

L

Why would that be a conflict of interest?

Just counters Trump and the Republicans efforts to interfere with mail-in votes.

Perspective.

You have proof of the intent for Trump et al to interfere with mail-in voting? Please post that proof. We've already had examples of Democrats stuffing mailboxes with fake ballots, let's see what you have from the Trump administration supposedly making it impossible for Democrats to vote via mail.

Trump’s whining about mail-in voter fraud goes back at least 4 years to 2016.

Investigated — and cleared.

Per usual — he’s only concerned about himself and losing.

Uh huh — you’ve only found misdeeds by Dems.

Is that because you only searched for misdeeds by Dems?

What? You're dreaming. There are many documented cases of Democrats stuffing ballot boxes. Many. There have been a couple of articles posted here of a Republican doing the same, the ratio of Dems to Reps committing voter fraud and illegal ballots by Democrats is exponentially higher. Do a search right here on this site and you'll see those sources.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Are you ok with someone that has tested negative OR has had Covid but is no longer infectious not wearing a mask? They can't transmit something they don't have, right?

A negative test indicates only that the person was negative at the time of the test, so that would be a no. Particulary since test results can be delayed for a week or so. A person could well become infected after the test or in the interim.

Someone who had been infected (with a positive test) and later tests negative, I would place them as a substantially lower risk.

edit on 8/14/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Are you ok with someone that has tested negative OR has had Covid but is no longer infectious not wearing a mask? They can't transmit something they don't have, right?

A negative test indicates only that the person was negative at the time of the test, so that would be a no. Particulary since test results can be delayed for a week or so. A person could well become infected after the test or in the interim.

Someone who had been infected (with a positive test) and later tests negative, I would place them as a substantially lower risk.

That's All Interesting and Stuff Mr. P , but what I Really want to Know Right Now is Who you MIGHT be Voting for in Nov. on a Pragmatic Level . You seem to be an Intelligent Bloke , what say Ye > ?

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   

So you're also spamming threads (with that pic), huh?

Desperate time call for desperate measures, I guess.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   

So you're ok with forcing people to wear a mask even though they have tested negative. Gotcha.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   

what I Really want to Know Right Now is Who you MIGHT be Voting for in Nov. on a Pragmatic Level . You seem to be an Intelligent Bloke

Then the answer should be obvious, unless you're a not so intelligent bloke, eh?

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   

In public, when social distancing cannot be effectively carried out. Yes.

Because, as I said, a negative test only shows that one was not infected at the time the sample was taken. Two days after that, no way of knowing.

Everybody tested everyday with results immediately available. No masks required.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

In public, when social distancing cannot be effectively carried out. Yes.

Because, as I said, a negative test only shows that one was not infected at the time the sample was taken. Two days after that, no way of knowing.

Ah, I see. Would you be ok with forcing someone to wear a mask because they could have the flu but aren't showing symptoms? How about the common cold? TB? Would it be ok with you to force people to wear masks just in case they have any contagious disease?

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   
No, I think I have a good reason not to vote in person..
Especially if they keep the polling place at the same spot they had it for the primary..
And, the "as long as the keep to wearing masks and social distancing"? Really, are you kidding me? Too many havent yet, I dont see them suddenly seeing the light and starting anytime soon.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Yeah. We've been there before, you and me.

COVID-19 is not the flu. Nor is it a cold. And TB is not widespread.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
No, I think I have a good reason not to vote in person..
Especially if they keep the polling place at the same spot they had it for the primary..
And, the "as long as the keep to wearing masks and social distancing"? Really, are you kidding me? Too many havent yet, I dont see them suddenly seeing the light and starting anytime soon.

A buddy of mine (the only friend I know of that refuses) that will not wear a mask anywhere for any reason voted in the primary om the Detroit area. He was not allowed to go into the building despite it being illegal to deny him access to the voting booth. The election workers forced him to take a ballot to his car to fill out, then give it to a worker outside the building. Other people in the Detroit area where he lives were not told they couldn't go in without a mask because it is illegal to do so, at least in Michigan. If you choose to mail in an absentee ballot that is certainly your right, but someone tried to prevent this guy from voting because he wasn't wearing a mask. That's wrong.

Don't bother with the "he should be wearing a mask!!!" argument, that's not the issue. The issue is denying him his right to vote in the voting booth because someone was afraid.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

So you're also spamming threads (with that pic), huh?

Desperate time call for desperate measures, I guess.

Yes , a Picture Often Speaks a Thousand Words , and I cannot Write them All while Smoking a Bowl . You Understand ? The Sense of Vision Conquers the Written Word Subliminally Every Time Mr. L . .

edit on 14-8-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Yeah. We've been there before, you and me.

COVID-19 is not the flu. Nor is it a cold. And TB is not widespread.

Doesn't matter. TB killed a million and a half people world-wide in 2018. It's still in the top ten causes of death and it's contagious. Contagious is contagious. The flu is a contagious virus and kills on average a half million people a year worldwide.

If you're not willing to admit you would be ok with it regardless, your argument for it has no basis.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

what I Really want to Know Right Now is Who you MIGHT be Voting for in Nov. on a Pragmatic Level . You seem to be an Intelligent Bloke

Then the answer should be obvious, unless you're a not so intelligent bloke, eh?

Really ? So you are Implying here that Phage is Somehow a Brainless Idiot and Cannot Think for Himself in Answering my Query ? You Presume to Much Sir !
edit on 14-8-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Doesn't matter.

Yes, it does.
But if wearing a mask cuts down on TB, flu, and colds. Great.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join