It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famous alien-hunting telescope slashed to pieces in mysterious midnight accident

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Perhaps the crackhead Seth Shostak wanna scam more money? I doubt that it's about DMCA regarding the alien radio and tv. Those types of communication are for cavemen. Keep looking Seth!

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
For England, Cable?

No, for me!

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: IamAbeliever

We are in a new world that may have found loopholes which could theoretically allow faster than light communication.
www.universetoday.com...
isciencemag.co.uk...

There was a poster here years ago that claimed he'd worked for NASA and that FTL communication had been discovered and tested on a Mars Rover.

I'm useless on the archives so would struggle to find the thread/s.

I remember something a bit over a decade and a half ago now where three engineers - not scientists electrical engineers - claimed they had cracked a method of sending information faster than light and it had something to do with a trick in the compression and refraction of the carrier wave and the ability to move information - ahead - of the carrier wave.

That story kind of went all dark and if you look for it on the net you probably will not find anything about it but I remember they patented the technology, I suspect someone stamped on it fast and they were silenced - hopefully with money and a deal of some kind.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Did you see my second post?

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Probably damage from hurricanes and earthquakes that periodically hit the island.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Aliens probably did it , they have form for damaging infrastructure.

Either that or it's the more prosaic cable excuse given.
Was the mystery of the wind turbine that was damaged in the UK back in 2009 ever solved ?

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: devilhunter69

Yes.
Turbine Failure
edit on 8/14/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   

a check on the break point should reveal the culprit and it is most likely just a combination of aging and wear and tear but then again?.

If it was intentional, either whoever/whatever did this was really good, or the halves of their body are somewhere nearby. You really don't want to be around when something like this lets go!

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I was just reading today that they sent a laser beam to The Moon like they have been doing for years.....yet they got a reply this time.
Wonder if its connected? I think it was on Google News

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FreeFalling

I was just reading today that they sent a laser beam to The Moon like they have been doing for years.....yet they got a reply this time.

You didn't read closely enough. Lasers have been bounced off of the reflectors placed by the Apollo missions ever since those reflectors were placed there. This was the first time they managed to get a bounce from the LRO, a moving target in orbit around the Moon.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

edit on 1482020 by Wide-Eyes because: Whoopsie!!!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

After all these decades of it being common knowledge?

No. The LRO has not been there for decades. It's been there since 2009.

You didn't actually read what I wrote. Did you?

Or, maybe you did.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I truly believe that either aliens or a "white hat" human group did this. This dish was used to track UFOs and in conjunction with a station that has some sort of electromagnetic or directed energy weapon that would then shoot it down for us to retrieve and study. Its messed up what they do to these beings and their craft. That's partly why a lot of them don't get to close to earth.

The aliens dont want to be killed and the decent people involved in these programs also dont want the aliens and craft to be shot down and murdered.

The people that want to shoot them down are corporations and black arms of governments around the world, essentially a cabal. There are reports of Americans, Chinese, Russian, German, United kingdom, France and Japan (probably more) working at these facilities knowing exactly what they are doing, killing in the name of tech and information which stays between them and not released to the public.

Hopefully the aliens or decent people will continue to do this stuff and end the killing of intelligent beings on earth and not from earth.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Wow. What a mess. That will take some time to repair.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Well , then it's about time we'll put some signs up there ..

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Thank goodness no one was hurt! That would have been awful if it was during the day with someone out inspecting etc.

It just shows these aliens are antifa commies trying to ruin everthing!

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: gb540

a check on the break point should reveal the culprit and it is most likely just a combination of aging and wear and tear but then again?.

If it was intentional, either whoever/whatever did this was really good, or the halves of their body are somewhere nearby. You really don't want to be around when something like this lets go!

Good point, whiplash was the bane of sailor's, dock workers and crane operators and still is, which way a cable lashes back to and how much force it has are dependant upon a number of factors, were the break was and how long, heavy and how much tension there is to release within the two sections of the cable, in this case a lot.

Two pieces if you are lucky.

A shockingly common accident and cause of serious injury and death among stevedores of the past as well especially when heavy ropes were used to tie up ship's to the wharf and given how much tension was often on these ropes when the ship's moved and as the ship's buoyancy was altered due to cargo these rope's and even steel cables could often snap with devastating results.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BerkshireEntity

I can honestly see this happening. If they studied UFO's for long enough, they probably figured out how to shoot them down, or try to.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

The Arecibo dish can't really track anything unless it is directly over Puerto Rico and stays there. It points straight up and can't be moved.

edit on 8/15/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

After all these decades of it being common knowledge?

No. The LRO has not been there for decades. It's been there since 2009.

You didn't actually read what I wrote. Did you?

Or, maybe you did.

I only read half of it at first. Hence the edit. Please pardon my ignorance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join