It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon State Police pull out of Portland

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Nah. It took the thin veil of civility from the murderous cretins I was surrounding myself with for years.

Thanks a bunch you little haters! This helps a lot with my attachment issues, see ya in hell!

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

?

Murfreesboro had Sundown signs in the 1980’s....definitely a no go zone for underworks expressing his political ideologies.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: xuenchen

Well it's the next day.

How did they react?

Just one example of several .....

Police repeatedly block North Portland march, advance on protesters Friday

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Man, you love the drama don't you? It's like your superfood.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

Well an agreement between two or more people or groups of people, aka bargain, seems preferable to your previous suggestion of war.

So there's that.

Good tune great band all the same.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm not asking how the Police reacted per-say.

Just wondering when State Police pulled out, was an escalation to the situation on the protester's side?

edit on 15-8-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Well an agreement between two or more people or groups of people, aka bargain, seems preferable to your previous suggestion of war.

You actually had to look up the meaning of the word bargain?

a thing bought or offered for sale more cheaply than is usual or expected

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Believe it or not, most people already know the meaning of most words.

"bargain" being just one of many. LoL

I mean we are not perfect or ""Stable Genius"" by any sort of manner nor means.

However understanding the use of words, syntax, and context, is rather important where an expansive vocabulary is concerned, nevermind required to communicate with others.

Anyhoo no war, just understanding, progress, and communication is what's required and all that any sane person can desire.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Anyhoo no war, just understanding, progress, and communication is what's required and all that any sane person can desire.

You know Andy that's all fine and Dandy when the people you're
dealing with haven't already perpetrated acts of war on a populace.

We're talk'n about people who obviously count on that BS. I been
watching it fail my whole life. That time has past if you ask me.

They are threatening the future that belongs to little kids that I
promised my wife. I would watch over with a viking sword.

I wanna be cool with you. But I'm here and you're over where ever.
Not ask'n you or anybody else to fight are fight for us.

I know what is and what isn't an act of war. And I'm not gonna argue
about it.
edit on 15-8-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

As long as they stay clear of Chattanooga... them fools don't need any more help.

ThRedneck

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

The future will happen with or without threats.

Change is on the wind, and that should be a good thing, where future generations are concerned.

How you get there is the important part.

A civil war certainly will not help matters, which is why it will never be allowed to happen.

And if you understand what constitutes war, you certainly would never wish for one to occur.

I dont wish to argue with you nether carsforkids, different strokes for different folks, but like i said, change is on the wind.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   

You do have some good points.

Usually both sides say they don't want war. One side dosen't realize they have pushed too far until they start one. In this case, only one side is pushing. Which one is that?

You say there is change in the wind. Yes there is. It smells of burning buildings, blood and spent gunpowder. Not a smell that anyone should like. Where is this smell coming from you ask?

Not the so called right. They are waiting to see if the left will see how wrong they are and stop themselves before acting.

Not the moderates. They just want it to stop because they are the largest group with the most to loose.

Who does this leave? Think about it.

edit on 8 17 2020 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Unfortunately, real change seldom happens without a modicum of blood, pain, and strife, there is a point.

It's just how humanity rolls as a social species.

People are coming to terms with what both our respective nations are built upon.

That being the blood and backs of other people far less privileged and/or free than those of the ruling class.

As to who will be left standing, let's just hope its not the status quo that remains in place.
edit on 17-8-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   

The ruling class never changes. Oh, the individual person or group changes. Who they are and what they do stays the same. There is nothing that anyone can do to change that in the current situation. The problem is that the people are not united and never will be against them. They play one side against the other, no mater which sides or how you consider sides, like any board game.

There must always be at least two sides for them to remain in power. Until people can at least tolerate each other being different, there will be no real change.

Most are tolerant of others but there will always be a few that will be willing to spill blood just because the person over there looks or acts differently. Those people are the real tools of oppression.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   

The paradigm we have followed thus far has to change beyondknowledge else civilization as we understand it will be gone or more lightly destroy itself within the next 100 years.

"They" need to pay the piper at some point, change was always in the post.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   

You don't understand. The they is always the they. Change the people and they are now the they. Change the government then the new one is the they. They get in power and automatically become the they.

You want a different they than the they that is in power.

Anyone in power eventually becomes they and works the people to stay in power. That is the way THEY play the game.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Oh, i understand just fine ta very much.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Their game is changing though, and "they" know that just fine.

Humans can and will do better, or stagnate and die on the vine. x

But all this back of the bus for the majority, that's got to change, because it's simply counterproductive in this day of age.

Not much different on the US side of the pond nether.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Back of the bus? If you are on a bus you have already failed. You have given into letting too much of your life be ran by someone else. Get away form the bus. The bus is to control you, control what you do, what you can accomplish. In a real emergency, how are you going to get out of the city in a bus that goes nowhere else? This applies to real buses and symbolic buses.

Democracy, monarchy, communism, fascism, etc. all have one thing in common. There is a they in power that wants to stay a they in power.

Stagnant humanity, that started when people stopped making things and doing things for themselves. I am not talking of complex technical things. Most cannot fix a loose screw on a cabinet door. Most cannot sew a split seam. Most cannot change a tire on a car. They don't know how because they never tried. That is stagnant humanity.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

"Back of the bus" is a turn of phrase. LoL

All forms of government yet devised have their shortcomings, because at there heart, they are about the few controlling the many by any and all means deemed necessary.

People make plenty of things, but the thing with civilization in its present form, is that people tend to specialize in specific areas, whilst as you suggest, some, not being able to fix a loose screw on a cabinet door.

But they do know how when they have too, or are forced to do so on there own.

Its what we do best you see, that being adapt and overcome obstacles, and change an area to suite or need and demands, or worst, depending on how you look at it.

Humanity is not in stagnation, its just changing, down to the information age in which we exist, and it will keep on changing because change is inevitable.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I totally understand the "back of the bus" figure of speech. I was trying to explain the implications of the bus. When you are on a bus in a city, you have no control of your destination, your schedule, what you can bring along. You can only take some things that the bus company allows. You must follow the schedule set by the bus company. You only get on and off along the planned rout. This is not freedom. A bicycle is more freedom than a bus but with its own limitations.

You brought up the back of the bus and did not consider all the implications.

I agree that humanity is beginning to free itself from many years of stagnation. Knowledge is available on the internet to do anything but not everyone is able and willing to try to. Some who try are stopped by their culture. "He is different now. He is not one of us because he does things like they do and makes more money now."

Evolution shows us that not all changes and adaptations are good for the future of the species. How many species adapted to their area and circumstance only to die out when something else changed? Change in itself can be good or bad but should not be considered necessary to change everything because a few things are wrong. Work on the little changes before burning it all down and starting over.

It is harder to build than tare down. Try building instead, you may like what you accomplish.

edit on 8 17 2020 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join