It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon State Police pull out of Portland

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Oh the timing is so perfect isn't it.

Now we get an "announcement" that the Oregon State Police will not be in Portland anymore !!

Watch tonight (a typical Friday night!) and see how the criminals "react" to this fantastic news LOL, and see if Federal Police "get involved" !

Nothing matters anymore when Democrat leadership throws more fuel on the fires.

It's all about the 2020 elections !!

Democrat Smoke&Mirrors

The Oregon State Police will no longer be assisting with Portland riot control, pulling out of the city after the district attorney announced that many crimes committed by rioters would not be prosecuted, according to the Oregonian.

About 100 state troopers had been assisting Portland police in controlling riots and protecting property during the nightly unrest that has been taking place in the city for at least 78 days.

After Multnomah County District Attorney Mike Schmidt announced Tuesday that crimes such as disorderly conduct, interference with a police officer, and resisting arrest might not be prosecuted in many cases, OSP Capt. Timothy Fox said the department would not be extending its assignment in the city, which he said was only supposed to be two weeks long anyway.

Oregon State Police pull out of Portland after DA announces rioters won't be prosecuted in most cases

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
SnF

The Demorats will not win this upcoming election.

The silent ones are the majority.....

a reply to: xuenchen

edit on 14-8-2020 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
To be fair, there were a lot of arrests being made for bull# reasons. I know of one person who stopped on the sidewalk in front of the courthouse to tie his shoe that was arrested for disobeying a police officer.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Well, they assist in the arrests then the accused are just let go. What else can you do in that situation? No support of the police by those governing.

Stupid is as stupid governs.
edit on 8 14 2020 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
I know of one person who stopped on the sidewalk in front of the courthouse to tie his shoe that was arrested for disobeying a police officer.

From what I've been seeing, a lot of voilent criminals and thugs are getting away with burning down & vandalizing buildings, as well as injuring and outright attacking innocents (some have been murdered by the way). Your argument doesn't seem very compelling when we are witnessing crime and violence (which is being minimized, condoned, or simply called "rumors" altogether by Democrats & the MSM).

What was their name? They were arrested and taken away? What were they charged with?

Could there be other details you aren't familiar with (i.e. the circumstances around what was happening at the courthouse at the time)? Was he misidentified and then let free?

You are in W. virginia, right? How well do you know this person. My point is, there are going to be plenty of stories out there like this, some are valid of course. But that doesn't really hold a CANDLE to the criminality of elected politicians and media outlets who are denying this is happening, while still fueling the fire for the narrative of "Defund/Dismantle the police" and "Black Lives Matter"

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I'll miss Powell's Books and some great restaurants.

A pity to see Portland go up in flames.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Can you blame them?

Why should they put their necks out to arrest terrorists when the soy infused prosecutor said it will let them go?

a

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I'm sure they were all frivolous charges, and nobody was actually doing anything "wrong". All the footage I saw was super peaceful protesters. In fact, the kind of peace they were using seemed foreign to me, but being from the country, I can see where I might not understand things in the big city.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Man, I miss Portland.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Man, I miss Portland.

Your vote counted.

And then you moved away.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

This is crazy!!!!!

Portland will regret this.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Here's a lovely tourism video that might ease your pain

edit on 8 14 2020 by underpass61 because: fixed link

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

To be fair, there were a lot of arrests being made for bull# reasons. I know of one person who stopped on the sidewalk in front of the courthouse to tie his shoe that was arrested for disobeying a police officer.

It is a BS reason. But you can absolutely diminish the cover that the rioters/agitators recieve by making it clear that this behavior isn't welcome and could get you put in jail.

Im not against protests. But, as a sane and rational human, would never in a million years go and protest when riots have been erupting around those protests. Its that old saying about lying with dogs and getting fleas.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

If I'm bent down tying my shoe and a police officer tells me to move, I'm going to move. My parents taught me that obeying the people behind the badge and following the law would keep me out of trouble. They've been right so far. Maybe your friend just needs parents that care about his well being.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'll miss Powell's Books and some great restaurants.

A pity to see Portland go up in flames.

I guess we all have Powell's we miss or are going to miss... Ours shut down a few years ago. Best heat lamp spicy bbq sausage on a hotdog bun you'll ever eat.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Did you burn that place down also?

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Sad thing is, once the city is trashed and made completely unlivable, the rioters will likely leave and trash another city somewhere else.

Conservatives are the only ppl who will be cleaning up their mess.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I was going to do a thread on this. why would the police do anything if people are not going to be prosecuted??

Police enforce the laws but now you have a legal system that is refusing to prosecute. this is what embolden's people to to commit destructive acts. there are no consequences.!!
edit on 14-8-2020 by American-philosopher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
ANd yeah on the streams last night it was funny. nobody was there at the Justice center. one of the streamers said "come out and play with us" its not about a protest it is just about giving people some thing to do and someone to antangonize. I did also hear that they are planning to go residential tonight.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: LSU2018

Did you burn that place down also?

I came close a couple times when I crop dusted the isles.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join