It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mileage tax as a source of revenue

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

My second biggest NOPE! comes from I'll be damned if I should be taxed for using roads that I already paid for thru federal,state,county and township taxes just to get to work!!! Quadrupal taxing someone for the same thing is beyond the pale!! Actually it's more because of our insane gas tax rates, vehicle inspections,registration ect...

That's what I'm talking about. We need one tax, and a fair one.
Should someone that drives very little pay the same as someone that commutes well above average?
Per mile is actually very fair. Like I said in my OP we aren't in a perfect world, so we know it will just be tacked on top unfortunately.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Caver78

My second biggest NOPE! comes from I'll be damned if I should be taxed for using roads that I already paid for thru federal,state,county and township taxes just to get to work!!! Quadrupal taxing someone for the same thing is beyond the pale!! Actually it's more because of our insane gas tax rates, vehicle inspections,registration ect...

That's what I'm talking about. We need one tax, and a fair one.
Should someone that drives very little pay the same as someone that commutes well above average?
Per mile is actually very fair. Like I said in my OP we aren't in a perfect world, so we know it will just be tacked on top unfortunately.

Screw more taxes, what's wrong with you?

You want to pay more then go right ahead and give the taxman more but leave the rest of us out of it.

SMDH.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The problem being never ever do existing taxes get revoked for another one being instituted.
This is a lot like the Flat Tax proposals...just never going to get off the ground. Both ideas make perfect common sense, but that right there is the kiss of death.

I'd also like to say I passed my BP stress test, so thank you Jagstorm!!!
Pretty sure I went from normal to 300 with my last reply?

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Mileage tax would be good, electric vehicles should also be contributing to the road tax and that would accomplish the fixing of the inequity. If all cars were electric, they still have to pay for roads.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Heavier vehicles wear the roads out faster.

Your big trucks cause most of the damage to freeways. Drive in the slow lane for a bit then switch to the fast lane. Usually the slow lane has lots of patches. This is caused by damage from large trucks.

Little cars cause little or no wear on the freeways.

I personally think that those vehicles that cause wear to the roads should pay more than the vehicles that have minimal impact

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I guess the freeloading prius and tesla owners aren't paying their fair share

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Wildbob77

I personally think that those vehicles that cause wear to the roads should pay more than the vehicles that have minimal impact

EXACTLY! Totally agree!

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It does not matter what taxes are implemented, it is never used for public services, like it should be. It's handed to the MIC,

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 11SK1180

It does not matter what taxes are implemented, it is never used for public services, like it should be.

State, local, and federal highway maintenance costs are funded by gasoline and weight taxes. With more and more electric vehicles on the road (as well as currently reduced gasoline prices), gasoline tax revenues are on the decline.

edit on 8/22/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join