It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pick which term(s) defines you the best.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   
V.) "Indentured housekeeper" to an evil, but oddly likeable Italian chef, who has a pet...blobby something in the basement. Not quite sure what the hell it is down there, but I think it used to be DB. Then the Taco Bell torture happened. Pardon the pun, but it backfired in many ways. I suspect that one of the backfires resulted in that, er, creature down there.

Sir Aug, have I spoken too freely? PLEASE don't make me sponge-bathe the thing in the Taco Bell wrappers pile again, PLEASE

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Claymation213

Definitely E and sometimes T.

I drive a wrecker. We run pretty much 24/7. I get 4 days off per month which is more than some, but I'm still on call even then. Often in this industry we don't make it home for 36 hours or more.

We winch cars out of standing water in the middle of lightening storms. We hustle on the blacktop in triple digit humid conditions while dodging reckless drivers passing us at high speeds. We clean up wreck scenes when debris is scattered from here to kingdom come. We walk large apartment complexes all night searching for violations where half of everyone hates us and the other half loves us.

Most of this is done on minimal sleep. Ther past few months I have averaged around 3 hours of sleep in a 24 hour cycle. I don't realize how foggy my brain is and how unintelligent it makes me until I finally get good rest and the fog lifts for a little while. It's rough, but I've grown to love it.

Sometimes work slows down real bad. It's strictly a commission based income, but I don't mind. It's good for everyone else when my work slows. It's important to try and brace for these times through savings. It still often comes down to living check to check when work slows. Usually it isn't for too terribly long.

Anyway, with all the physical and emotional strain that comes with this career I could not be more thankful to have it. Poor decision making put me in a position where I made a poor income. It was my fault for not having other options. Then I was blessed with this opportunity! Thank God for the American system where I can work myself to death if I choose and it actually leads somewhere worthwhile.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   
E and T
Hard worker living paycheck go paycheck.

Teaching tiny untrained humans how to function in an appropriate manor for western society.
edit on 8 14 2020 by cre8chaos because: Added some more.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Z) None of the above.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Whatever he has in that basement destroyed my spy
drone a few years back.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Sir Aug, have I spoken too freely? PLEASE don't make me sponge-bathe the thing in the Taco Bell wrappers pile again, PLEASE

*place washcloth on stick and hands it to you*

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Nyiah

*place washcloth on stick and hands it to you*

God dammit. Didn't want to bathe it at ALL, and you know that
My fault for not asking more clearly < sighs > Where's the Lysol, I better get started on sanitizing the creature again.

<< 1   >>

join